RDJ was paid $50M+ for his role in Captain America 3...

RDJ was paid $50M+ for his role in Captain America 3, which is likely 5-6x the amount Chris Evans will make despite being in the starring role. To vent his frustrations with these obvious unfair wages Evans just released this music video.

youtube.com/watch?v=3zWwd8n2JVI

Salaries for Age of Ultron:

>Mark Ruffalo
$2.8 million
>Chris Hemsworth
$5.4 million
>Jeremy Renner
$6.1 million
>Chris Evans
$6.9 million
>Scarlett Johansson
$20 million
>Robert Downey Jr.
$40 million

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2015/film/news/scarlett-johansson-avengers-salary-chris-evans-chris-hemsworth-1201637789/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>spending over $80 million on just the actors
Making and financing movies must be hell.

>>Scarlett Johansson
>$20 million

>>Chris Evans
>$6.9 million
>>Scarlett Johansson
>$20 million

Not even counting the hundreds of people behind the scenes

>>Scarlett Johansson
>$20 million
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No wonder she doesn't want a black widow movie. She's already made for life so why put in the extra work. And you sheep just eat it up.

>RDJ makes as much as his costars combined

This is unacceptable! How misogynistic, to pay a women so much more than a man! Absolutely disgusted such disparity exists in 2016.

Women are treated so unfairly in Hollywood!!!!!

Below the line people make peanuts besides the cinematographer (although he's occasionally considered above the line). However, to a lot of of them it's basically a 9 til 5 job (with worse hours); they don't wait months for a project.

But yes, it's hell.

Scarlett Johansson is an A grade actor with a long history of good movies.
RDJ is paid so much because he gets all the people to come to the cinema. Same with Scarlett Johansson.
People don't go to the cinema to watch Mark Ruffalo or Jeremy Renner (literally who?), they go to the cinema to watch RDJ, and even people that never heard of Marvel before will watch the Avengers when they hear that the lovely and beautiful Scarlett Johansson plays in it.

and she still complains

The MCU empire was literally built on RDJs back. He deserves the money.

How come that people love Chris Hemsworth so much in the MCU, but he's box-office poison everywhere else?

She outright said that she didn't like complaining about her pay when she's making a fuckton of money already.

JUST
JUST
JUST JUST JUST JUST JUST JUST

She didn't complain. Jlaw complained for her

>dont look at me silly boys: financial edition

this

also that Scarlett got 20m was debunked

variety.com/2015/film/news/scarlett-johansson-avengers-salary-chris-evans-chris-hemsworth-1201637789/

>Jews getting paid more

Shocking

Rdj is the reason there's capeshit in the first place.

I find it hard to empathize with any of them at all

They're all fucking millionaires. Dressing up like comic book characters and getting paid millions to do it. And they're still unhappy.

Fuck them all to death

>Below the line people make peanuts

Not true, man. Not true at all. Union grips, set decorators, etc make upwards of $600/day. They're on the low end of the totem pole on a film crew.

>The site says that many of the stars are "becoming united behind Robert Downey Jr." One source said, "He’s the only guy with real power in this situation. and balls of steel, too. He’s already sent a message that he’s not going to work for a place where they treat his colleagues like shit."

He stars in the worst movies in the MCU. GotG, CA, Antman are all superior to everything Ironman was in and at this point would make just as much money without him.

I would argue and say people know Renner from Hurt Locker and he definitely has fans (granted not nearly as much as RDJ/ScarJo) but who am I to disagree with double dubs

>Scarlett Johansson is an A grade actor with a long history of good movies.

Scarlett Johansson is an A grade actor with a long history of good movies.

all the movies he was in are the biggest MCU movies, he even gets a big bonus if CW will outgross TWS

Scarlett’s maternal grandparents were Meyer Schlamberg (the son of Shloime/Sol Schlamberg and Mollie Sussman) and Dorothy Chodosh (the daughter of Isadore/Yitzhok Chodosh and Chana/Anna Weinstein). Scarlett’s grandfather Meyer was born in New York, to Polish Jewish parents from Warsaw. Shloime was the son of Leib Schlamberg and Zlata Schuemonitz. Scarlett’s grandmother Dorothy was born in New York, to Jewish immigrants from Minsk, Belarus. Isadore’s father was Boruch Chodosh. Chana’s parents were Gavriel/Gavril Weinstein and Leah Ginenski. The surname “Schlamberg” was changed to “Sloan”.

>Mark Ruffalo
>$2.8 million

That's why he's angry

>Scarlett Johanson
>20 million

She's the worst part of the movies.

>Scarlett Johansson is an A grade actor with a long history of good movies.

>Get paid more than most people make in a decade for woodenly saying your lines and looking pretty
>Baw not getting paid enough

>RDJ plays a tier 2 shitty character in one movie and spawns a billion dollar franchise
>meanwhile scarjo has how many movies now
>when is that solo black widow movie coming out? oh right its pushed back again

equal pay for equal work, if RDJ was paid 50M then scarjo shouldve been paid at most 500k

same fucking story with niggers and jlaw, equal pay for equal pay, until they can lead a movie to the billion mark on their charisma and presence they dont get to say shit

The bigger movies you've been in, the bigger your salary usually is. Scarjo has been the star of such shit films as Lucy, but guess what, Lucy grossed almost 500 million worldwide on a budget of 40 million.

A guy like Ruffalo has a low salary because he can't carry a movie on his own. He's a good actor but in a supporting role, or leading a smaller indie or oscar bait film. Neither of those make the kind of money the studios ultimately want.

That's why Scarjo can command a high salary.

Crying over pennies when you're making millions is one thing but when you're doing a lot of your own stunts like Evans and a manlet whose stunts are pure CGI shows up and makes 7x the amount you do when you're the starring role, I bet you'd be pretty salty yourself.

But who said they were unhappy? They certainly haven't expressed that.

I need a source for that pham

Fuck him.

What about Bucky? How much did he make? Or that nigger?

But Evans doesn't do his own stunts.

Lady Beard poster is a cool guy

>black widow
>20 million
But no one gives a shit about black widow.

No one.

No one goes, " man I wonder what's gonna happen to black widow" when they go see these flicks

>Gee, I wonder if Avengers 3 will make more money because of RDJ or because it features half the Marvel catalog

If Disney wants to hand him a mint, fine. It's dumb to think he's the reason for the success at this point given Literally Whos of the Galaxy's success.

RDJ and Scarlett Johansson are much bigger names than Chris Evans and you know it

Outside of the MCU all these actors are box office poison.

Even RDJ. Seriously, whats he done lately thats been a hit? Fuck all.

Take a quick look at all of their careers on IMDB. Marvel is their mealticket. They've got fuck all else to offer.

>Butthurt christfag believes God's Chosen People runs Hollywood

Pure coincidence, goy.

Yeah it's almost like money can't buy happiness

I like to look at her

Hemsworth is a terrible actor. People just like him in MCU movies because he's Thor and he's handsome.

No one remembers him from other movies.

Same goes to his brother even though hes a discount hemsworth.

Thats

jew
e
w

it can buy things that give you happines tought

Sherlock Holmes.

I agree, though. In the end, you're worth as much money as your agent can get for you. Given RDJ is Republican, he'll get all he can get.

I don't blame him. I blame Disney.

>>meanwhile scarjo has how many movies now
The actress? A ton of movies. RDJ himself has had tons of movies, too, of course.
>until they can lead a movie to the billion mark on their charisma and presence they dont get to say shit
Not many movies make over a billion dollars so I don't think that's fair.
Lost in Translation made 30 times its budget. Can't say that about any Marvel movie.

You can't just say ScarJo doesnt play a big role in the MCU therefore she doesnt deserve much money. It's like starting a low scale indie movie and hiring (say) Vinn Diesel but only offering him five thousand dollars of salary because he has a minor role.

That is definitely Chris Evans in drag crying about his wages

the fuck did I just watch

>complaining about getting 6.9 millions

Man. I wouldn't even give a fuck if someone else was making 50 millions.

With 6.9 millions I could buy my whole city and make 10x this amount in less than a year, the same time it took RDJ to make this fucking movie.

I hate hollywood, holy fuck. As much as I like based Evans, this is so stupid.

This

i doubt that you are more clever than the jews over at Disney

the other movies are of course successful but it also comes all down to marketing, merchendise, awareness etc

Sherlock Holmes was 7 years ago.

fucking weebs i swear

I meant that comparatively to RDJ, Evans is out there sweating with his doubles. He definitely does some stunts/fighting unless they're adding him in with CGI later.

RDJ mainly just has a series of closeups inside the suit.

Money is relative. Make minimum wage and you'd still have some sweat shopper in china making 1.25 who'd say the same thing.

Also, 50M before taxes, agents, managers, lawyers, accountants, etc. 50M probably nets you 20M at the end of it all.

Yes. And all he's starred in that have opened wide since is MCU shit. If he's able to wrangle the money out of Disney, good for him.

I feel sorry for Chris because he doesn't like capeshit and wants to actually make good films but when he tries hard to do it and takes his time it just doesn't work out the way he wants it to.

Hemsworth was good in Rush, all the capeshit and fairytale movies he's doing isn't exactly extracting his best acting capabilities

The strategy is to bounce between big budget films for $ and indie art films for acting cred. And when you're attached to the biggest franchise out there, you don't have time to do (or contractually obligated) other blockbusters, and no one cares about the turds Evans does in-between MCU since they blew their budget hiring him in the first place.

So what else have they done, you ask? They don't have to do anything else.

RDJ isn't as big a star as he thinks he is.

The Judge - Didn't even make it's budget back.

Chef - Made about $30.mil.

Due Date - Barely scraped $100 mil.

It is not as simple as it looks. It's not about hard work, nothing in this world is about hard work, stop watching japanese cartoons that put hard work as some sort of master to all rewards.

If it wasnt for RDJ they wouldn't have a job now, for better or for worse, RDJ risked with the first movie that started this whole business. There is merits, credits and "respect" going behind the scenes, thats why he's being paid that much. He holds the biggest bite of this apple because he was there first.

Business works like this too. Especially when we're talking about partners and shares. People don't even show up to work anymore and they get more money than those who do. Why? Because he was there first, because if it wasnt for him, the company wouldn't even exist. Are some people an ass about it? Yeah, not everybody. Do people quit because of that? Some do, but is it worth? Probably not.

>Chef
he was not even 5 mins in this movie and where only there because Favreau asked him to

>Doesn't like Capeshit
>Fantastic Four
>Captain America

A lot of what you're saying is true.

But theres the old Hollywood adage "You're only as good as your last movie."

Audiences don't seem to give a fuck about any of these actors outside Marvel movies.

My bad. I took a quick look at his latest work on IMBD and figured it was just a vehicle flop for him.

Not to mention scott pilgrim that could be put in the capeshit category.

And don't tell me he wasnt having a good time playing a douchebag. He was the best part of that movie.

but look at JLaw, she is the highest paid actress, and Joy made had a 60m budget and grossed only 55m

because there are movies for a wide audience like capeshit and katnissshit and there are other movies

Studios realize that a lot of movies won't make money till they're on home video, amazon, netflix, etc.

That's why Kevin Smith has a career. Not because he blows up the box office.

How do you know how big a star he thinks he is?

If he can get the money, why the fuck shouldn't he try to get it?

>if it wasn't for RDJ they wouldn't have jobs

>Xmen and Spiderman (both Marvel) were some of the biggest blockbusters of the 00's years before Iron Man

Sure he kicked off the modern MCU and helped Marvel with their own studio, and I'm not downplaying Ironman's success, but they knew there was big money in their IPs since Fox and Sony were making bank.

Ironman wasn't supposed to blow up like it did but it was expected to still perform very well while they built their own studio.

Other than that I agree with you. How hard you work or how skilled you are doesn't matter in Hollywood only how much money you can make.

He turned down Captain America twice. He only does them for exposure that allows him to do smaller projects.

Even the MCU itself is being cucked by a manlet.
P O T T E R Y

he actually turned it down 6 times

which only enforces your point, but i thought i'd come help you out

RDJ had to build all the suits so no wonder he got paid more

Scarlett Johansson gets paid because of her looks. Funny thing is she's quite average looking.

If it is about looks Chris Evans should be paid 10000000000000000000000$

Please. She's not particularly hot.
She's just the seconds most famous female A-lister after JLaw at the moment, and pretty much the only true contemporary female action star.

>that allows him to do smaller projects.
>The film was released on video on demand starting on March 31, 2015 before a limited release on May 8, 2015 by Vertical Entertainment.[2]
This is too small desu

RDJ and ScarJo got more than everyone else because they were in on the ground floor of this shit with the Iron Man movies and got deals involving a percentage of the profits. RDJ didn't just get paid $50 million upfront. Everybody else is locked into contracts, and bad ones at that because Marvel Studios was notoriously tight-assed before Civil War.

Also note how weirdly RDJ and ScarJo's characters have been treated in the movies because of this: Iron Man 3 is treated as the "last" story and ends with him definitively retiring... then immediately coming back for Avengers 2 , multiple female secret agent characters have been introduced so they have replacements for Black Widow, etc.

RDJ was smart and, in the beginning, negotiated into his contract a %age of ticket sales

She doesn't want it because it will bomb so hard and make her lose ground come salary negotiations for the next avengers movies she's in.

I feel so bad for this 6ft1 handsome muscular millionaire actor

I think Chris Evan's star power has sky rocketed with AoU and now Civil War.

RDJ is overpaid, but I'd still like to see Ironman 4 :-/

This. Experience also has value and he has experienced every super slag from that's been in the franchise

>he turned it down 6 times

What the fuck did Marvel see in him? I thought they would hate working with someone who used to work for their competition, Fox

>the only true contemporary female action star.
>implying she isn't just an off-brand Charlize Theron