Geordi La Forge

How did Geordi La Forge achieve the position of Chief Engineer aboard the Federation's flagship?

Other urls found in this thread:

soupsong.com/rplomeek.html
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/VISOR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

by being black and blind

By being good in engineering things? His visor also picks up all sorts of engineering related stuff which gives him an edge over the non blind folk.

He failed upwards

Sucked off Jean Luc every night for a month.

his ability reading rainbows

Fucking SJW travelling in time to put nigger on old shows and movies.

Sup Forums kills themselves in the near future obviously

in early seasons he was just the pilot, and they seemed to have a rotating Chief Engineer position. Maybe he transferred departments so they'd have a dedicated one.

picard explains it in on ep,

>djordi was a engineer/pilot on a ship where picard was on...
>picard noticed that something sounded weird
>laforge searched all night for the reason an fixed it
> picard knew that he wanted him as engineer on his ship

end of story

Warp speed don't rainbow read me, nigga

Damn tumblr is triggered hard tonight.

because engineers are nerds and since Geordi never gets laid ever he was perfect for the position

Was gonna say this. Geordi's got no life so he can always be relied on.

Affirmative action is the only answer because Geordi only sees in Predator thermal vision, this means he can't see a visual display. Every time he looks at a screen, he sees one big blur and just bullshits.

Never mind the fact that he can't see different colours of wires either.

Star Trek is the true red pill

TFW geordi only knew who he was talking to based on the heat signature of their genitals.

>tfw gonna make some Plomeek soup for lunch

Any of you guys tried this recipe before?

soupsong.com/rplomeek.html

No Geordi has normal vision as well as the ability to visually perceive various sorts of energy. He's said multiple times that he just filters out the information he needs in order to see. He was blind from birth and learning to use his visor was like us learning to use our eyes.

>Geordi has normal vision
Source.
Also movies don't count since they have to cater to plebeians.

why does that guy have tits?

Because it would make no fucking sense if he didn't?

>Source.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/VISOR

>The VISOR, acronym for Visual Instrument and Sensory Organ Replacement, was a medical device used in the Federation to aid patients who had suffered loss of eyesight or who were born blind. The VISOR detected electromagnetic signals across the entire EM spectrum between 1 Hz and 100,000 THz and transmitted those signals to the brain through neural implants in the temples of the individual via delta-compressed wavelengths.

Ok good job ignoring the rest of the page as it describes how it's all wavelengths added together which means NOT normal vision.

Then it even has a picture showing Geordies vision.

lol so?

How is allowing him to see across the EM spectrum giving him normal sight?

all real men got big tits

I can't find the clip but he does say at one point that he just filters out the information he needs. I think its from the episode where his brain is getting hacked through the visor input nodes.

Yeah they do.

So the moral of the story is to jam sand in the captain chair so it squeaks and when he goes to bed oil it up and bam, chief engineer.

The real question is if they don't get paid, why would you enlist to clean up glasses for the big dogs?

It's now I realize how retarded that visor design is.

Maybe you like being around people and bullshitting with them.

It's a fucking fram air filter.

by being good at his job. the ship never blew up on his watch (except for that one episode and that was picurds fault)

he rerouted the antimatter/matter relay through the eps conduits and vented the extra plasma from the warp nacelles

like putting too much air in a balloon!

>venting drive plasma
>reinitializing the warp coils without repairing the intermix chamber
>"BRIDGE WE GOT A COOLANT LEAK!"

you guys...first one in the jeffries tube with me gets to use the hyperspanner...

Someone post the chart about cosplay """"""fans""""""

So I'm lost.

what

Is that Idris Elba from Star Trek Sabotage?