Idiocracy movie is becoming reality more and more nowadays

Idiocracy movie is becoming reality more and more nowadays

how so?

Ledditfag, GFTO

Two words:
>Donald Drumpf

it'll be more like Sleeper imo

I'd say demolition man is becoming more of a reality, in the sense that sjw shit and political correctness is getting to the point that soon half of us will be living in the sewer eating rat burgers praying for a real life Edgar Friendly.

David Arquette thread?

All I know is iphones and the internet are detrimental to sociability and intellectualism. I unironically believe intelligence and taste will soon be phased out and we will be consuming rehashed hero garbage. Feels like it's already happening.

I'm assuming that you're comparing him to the president in that film, and if I'm correct how is trump like the president in the film?

this movie deserves a sequel so bad pls or atleast cinematic universe pls pls plssssssss

I am currently practicing to be a teacher and I am in a grade 8 classroom. The kids are being destroyed by iphones. Half the class is spent with them on their phones using snapchat or using the classroom ipads to watch youtube videos.

It's all over.

Maybe if this happens it will help everyone out?

The whole SJW/PC thing is completely overblown.

You don't ban cell phones? Or did you try and it didn't work so you just gave up?

I was in high school at the time when it just started to be "normal" for everyone to have cell phones. Teachers kind of treated them like Game Boys and didn't even want to see them, so they would usually get confiscated.

Fuck, I remember in elementary school, the first time I got an MP3 player, it was shitty and cheap and had barely any space, but teachers didn't even want it near the school for some reason. I tried just keeping it hidden in my bag but no that fat piece of shit Darren tattled on me and I had to get my shit searched every day.

Is it this normal to feel this old this quickly?

Is internet shaming people/comedians and forcing them to publicly apologize for their offhand comments/jokes really that far off from getting fined 2 credits for swearing ?

This is my first placement so I'm just in class to observe how kids behave and how teachers actually function. Some teachers have different rules but a lot of them are very pro-technology in the class. And because a large class of 25-28 8th graders is hard to manage as you have to spend time with small groups at a time, a lot of kids are just on their phones or using the classroom ipads to search the web instead of doing work. Part of the method is meant to make kids responsible for doing their own work and accepting the consequences of messing around when they get incomplete grades but it doesn't seem to matter to them. The huge majority of them just sit on their phones and watch youtube vids.

Even older people are like this though. The average millennial spends a depressing amount of time on snapchat, instagram, facebook, twitter, etc etc. We're in the age when people consider the notion of actually thinking something through and coming up with reasons for viewpoints is considered far too much work and people who do this are generally disregarded as being pretentious. When some dummies get mad during debates if you question their reasoning it's always hilarious (and sad) to hear them say things like "this isn't a classroom bro! we're not in court bro! just let me say my generalizations and not have to think about them!"

In my opinion, yes it is. Believe me, I'm not a huge fan of the whole 'public shaming movement' but I personally don't see how one could compare the two scenarios.

Someone probably said that about television and video games at one point.

More than likely we're in just another transitory phase of human destiny. You have to think, if there are any advanced civilizations in the universe, did they never reach a point in their technological evolution where they had something akin to internet or smartphones? The former is probably a common milestone in any sufficiently advanced civilization.

If anything, I feel like we're increasingly social in the sense that we communicate more ideas with more people more often than we ever did. If you define sociability as interacting more intimately with your family and friends, having a nice family dinner and talking about what happened at school, then yeah maybe we've slipped, but on a broader scale, we're more connected now that we ever have been.

I just have a feeling that we were somehow meant to be where we presently are. Barring any apocalyptic events, I'm pretty sure we'll be fine in the long run.

>we communicate more ideas with more people more often than we ever did
you mean sharing le funny facebook meme vid with your "friends"

Do people on Sup Forums unironically like this autismfest of s film? I see it everywhere on Sup Forums, thought i might check it out, and its just comedy for toddlers. Am I missing something here? Is there something I'm not seeing in it?

This flick is brought up every election cycle. You're not fucking intelligent, you moronic cunt.

Not a direct comparison, but imo the whole sjw movement IS getting so blown out of proportion that several years down the road I could see things getting so strict it's almost as silly. For example making cyber-bullying a crime punishable by law would be a step in that direction.

The major problem with it is that it's not particularly funny. Especially for a Mike Judge project. It also went through release hell so it was kinda cult-ish initially for that reason alone.

>detrimental
Bullshit.
I fucking learned programming languages without any books, just using the internet, Imagine doing that 20 years ago, impossible.

I live in Canada and there was a provincial law passed in that vein that was eventually stricken down because it was not nearly narrow enough. So I get where you're coming from.

No, stay long on this board and you realize how close we are to Fahrenheit 451 minus the burning books part.

How does it feel to be 16 years old?

Welcome to CostCo, I love you.

Jamie Lannister sure is pissed.

>I'm 16 years old

I love you too brother. Paid for by Carl's Jr.

Yep, the whole of society is dumming itself into oblivion. We're not being censored, we're censoring ourselves.

As an aside, I do not like Bradbury as a writer, but respect his imagination

hahaha epic reddit XD

You.. you sir, have my le upvote..!

I motherfucking need more Terry Crews as prez.

Just stop. If you want to talk about politics, go to Sup Forums.
Tired of seeing this shit posted everywhere.

we're not idiocracy we're gonna be Brave New World