What are the best movies of 2016 so far?

What are the best movies of 2016 so far?

Batman vs. Superman

Anything that wasnt made in 2016.

Hail Caesar and Midnight Special are the only two films worth shit so far. The year has been slow, but it'll pick up soon I hope.

I'm looking for serious answers senpai

Haven't watched a lot of movies this year and I need shit to watch ;_;

Here's another pupper in return

what about CIvil War?

X Men Apocalypse

These are cute puppers.

Dogs are objectively good animals. Why are we saddling flicks with Tyrelle quotas while our excellent dogs are killed off or one-dimensional antagonists in most kinos?

wtf is that thing

The Lobster
High Rise

no need to thank me.

Giant Sea Spider

A lobster

Tell me that' shopped

Norm of the North

Pretty bad year so far but Norm makes up for it.

I'm so out of touch with current movies, I just realised the only new thing I saw in cinema this year was Deadpool. didn't like it

Have another puppy.

Meh Deadpool was ok but it really has no replay value

>inb4 snake eating puppy
fuck you in advance

Hail Caesar!
Zootopia

stay chill pupper

You know, i thought 2016 was going to be like 2014 in terms of movies but looks like we will have another 2010.

>i thought 2016 was going to be like 2014 in terms of movies
Why would you think that?

It's ok, the dog isn't real

I have seen a different new movie every week this year.

Movies I really enjoyed:
The VVitch
10 Cloverfield Lane

Movies I enjoyed:
13 Hours
Hail Caesar
Deadpool (mainly for waifu purposes)
Knight of Cups
Batman vs Superman
Green Room

I have not yet seen Civil War but I imagine I'll enjoy it.

Paul Dano is the star of a film coming out this year. That automatically makes 2016 a good year.

>only movies I've seen this year are Star Wars (twice), The Boy, Deadpool, Batman v. Superman, and 10 Cloverfield Lane

just

>80+ movies this year
Step up.

What I've seen from this year has all been pretty great. Midnight Special, High-Rise, and The Witch were solid films. Hail Caesar! was phenomenal.

Linklater, Jarmush, Refn, Malick, Herzog, Jeff Nichols, that Thai guy which begins with a "W", and a few other directors I like are slated to have new films coming out.

It's already better than last year.

no, this is a sea spider

Green Room has been my favorite so far but I've only seen like 10 movies released this year.

That's a dog

Knight of Cups
Embrace of the Serpent
Son of Saul
Aferim!
The Revenant

Would you kill this dog for 18 billion dollars?

probably not :3

An interesting ethical question. Does the murder of an innocent puppy outweigh the supreme benefits 18b could bring about? With that kind of money you could set up a program to help dogs around the world.

I've seen maybe 50 released this year, no capeshit. That said, A Hologram for the King is probably the best of them. Haven't seen The Lobster, though.

yes. I'd kill two more like it, even.

I think he's referring to that meme image that circulated normie sites like Twitter and Facebook, that showed a cute puppet and said "Would you stomp this dog to death for 18 billion dollars?"

Which is ridiculous because 18 billion dollars is such a ludicrous amount of money, that any sane person would. If the question was more realistic like " would you stomp this puppy to death for 20,000 dollars" that would actually open up an interesting debate. (I wouldn't though, I love dogs too much)

Eh, I would think that most responsible dog owners would spend at least $20k over the dog's lifetime, right? Between food and vet bills and shit.

>I've seen maybe 50 released this year
Do you go the theater every other day?

Can I half kill it for 9 billion dollars?

you call that a knife?

>any sane person would violently kill a cute animal for money
Maybe if the puppy got gassed they would do it, but nobody outside a sociopath would stomp something to death for money

I'd do it for 180 dollars.

$10,000 is my minimum

Pic saved.

No, I go a lot, but Amazon has current releases regularly, often before the theatrical release or same day. So theater a few times a week, Amazon a few times a week.

Daily reminder pupper is a tumblr-tier, doge-level meme that has no place on Sup Forums

>High Rise
Looks fucking awsome can't wait.

>The Lobster
I thought you were talking about the monster in that picture.

id do it for a dollar 80

>but Amazon has current releases regularly, often before the theatrical release or same day.
Aren't they all the direct to DVD shit?

Thai guy which begins with a 'w' is referred as joe, because his real name if correctly pronounced can summon Belial. The movie is Cemetery of Splendor which looks pretty interesting

>dogfags

Disgusting.

Based on movies I watched so far this year.

Zootopia
10 Cloverfield lane
Deadpool
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
Captain America: Civil War

No - a lot of them are festival releases, then things like Tangerine, then yes, a lot of shit, too.

Yes, I liked Tangerine.

Tangerine came out last year though

Guess I am a sociopath.

Just an example of movies released on Amazon when given a limited release in theaters. High Rise did the same thing, as do lots of other smaller movies.

I'm sure they do the same thing at the iTunes store, but new releases regularly come out on these formats when they open, and often before they open.

London Has Fallen is the most fun I've had watching a movie this year.

Butler was fucking hilarious

>this is Sup Forums now

>this is the state of cinema during the first half of the year

Daredevil season 2

>Kill pupper
>be billionaire but still feel horrible about it
>use money to clone pupper
>adopt it and love it forever
>donate some more money to animal shelters and shit
>feel better

>now
If all you watch are films with massive advertising budgets.

The look on that dogs face is priceless.

Have you seen the movies released this year so far, that list is as patrician as it gets.

Of course

I can help lot of people with all that money and the life of the worst person is more valious than the best animal

Although I think it's a 2015 film, it came out this year. I highly recommend it if you're into dark fantasy

Came out last year, I think I saw it in autumn.

>mfw some dumb parents brought their three-year old because the word 'tale' totally means it's for kids

Man it's been years since I've been back Sup Forums, what the fuck happened to you?

It was alright
Nothing really that great if you want something more than adult fairy tales

>user was reported for not posting dog

>no Hail Ceasar
>no Midnight Special
>no The Lobster

And those are just the big movies

Dough. Loved it.

>Get the hell away from that thing. That's not a dog, it's some sort of thing! It's imitating a dog, it isn't real! GET AWAY YOU IDIOTS!!
This why it's important to learn different languages.

Yes, but this isn't just money we're talking about.

It's 18 billion dollars.

Can you even comprehend how much money that is?

It's insane. Fuck, I'd kill a person for 18 billion.

I'd kill a LOT of people for 18 billion dollars.

(I'm taking the piss NSA. It's a joke, it's a joke conversation.)

Reported

I'm just here for the cute dogs

My little dear, what a beautiful puppie! Where did you bought this furred treasure?

>the life of the worst person is more valious than the best animal

puppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppyhesowittle

smartass

Lewd

>want to watch videos of cute doggos
>WHAT'S UP YOUTUBE SMASH THAT MF LIKE HERE'S A VIDEO OF MY DOG
>talks over the whole time instead of letting me enjoy the video

This shouldn't be allowed.

oh no

doctor connor's class

Hail, Caesar!
Mountains May Depart
The Witch
Embrace of the Serpent