How badly is this going to bomb?

How badly is this going to bomb?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ
vg247.com/2016/05/11/world-of-warcraft-gets-warcraft-movie-tie-in-transmog-items/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holy shit is that supposed to be Medivh? He looks like a fag.

That armor looks cosplay-tier

that's probably because they seem to be aiming to make it look like the game instead of making it realistic.

It will bomb worse than John Carter. And it won't have the cult following.

Direct to Landfill

>muh realism

Go fuck yourself autismlord this looks like a fun fantasy film to appeal to my inner 12 year old.

So bad I can't even believe they're making it

Even at peak subs, if every single motherfucker who had a subscription went to see it, it'd barely top it's 100 million budget. Now the sub count is halved, and half of those left are jaded addicts who need that $10 to buy the next store pet.

Probably gonna bomb hard.
Which is sad, because early reactions coming in are that it's pretty great.

It's going to be horrible. I hope it's good, but there has been no indication of that. I just want to see a Half in the Bag on it.

Hopefully it will flop pretty hard. Every single time I'm at the movies and they start playing the trailer with the annoying dubstep playing over the action scenes I want to walk right out of the theater, and just come back another day. Then I remember that every single movie until this comes out is gonna play that fucking trailer.

test

dude on the left looks like some sort of mexican taco mage

Ben Foster is literally the most underrated actor in Hollywood. He alone will save this movie.

I think it'll do fine. It's a big name and there have been more than 12 million players on WoW. Subscriptions at one time =/= total players ever, retards.

>the only people who want to see a fantasy movie are wow players!

Why is Sup Forums a top 3 worst board on Sup Forums?

A surprising number of normies are excited about it, I think it might actually pull this bullshit off. If that's the case get ready for a generation of cartoony fantasy movies... fucking hell.

>wow have like 2m right now
wew lad

Well, I for one will not be going to see it.

>test
being this new

Not badly enough.

Thank you for sharing that based user.

I'm sure its because the movie is bad and not because your embarrassed to show yourself in public

It will bomb pretty badly in the States, but will make most of its revenue in China. They love Warcraft there.

It will bomb because it will bomb because it will bomb because this is Sup Forums and it has to bomb because everything has to suck and be garbage because what else will we do with ourselves?

This, although I'm surprised they didn't give a bigger role to a Chinese actor for this reason.

I would say Gul'Dan is a pretty big role and one that most people are saying is really good

Perhaps you're right, they also need to balance the Chinese market's desire to see Chinese actors in leading roles with the American market's aversion to it.

I think it can do pretty decently if it's any good.

It's a very recognizable brand name. Even my friends who have long since stopped playing WoW ( me included ) and interested in seeing it.

Blizzard will probably give out a code with tickets for a WoW mount, exclusive Hearthstone cards or whatever to ensure its success.

That trailer was a shit show. Nothing about it felt right.

Get SEATED

I wanna hug the dwarf :^)

At least the movie looks like it could be fun

How an patrician of you.

Dw will be heaps of more fun than BvS

Blizz said that they had about 100 mil. registered accounts in wow in 12 years

John carter floped because it had a ridiculously overinflated budget

Warcraft was made for $100 million, if it makes 350 mil worldwide itll be a success

Source on that budget? no way its only 100mil

nvm I just googled it.

in that case this could easily break even but idk how much was spent on marketing

Most sources are speculating the film may only have a production budget of $90 million. Makes sense. The cast is mostly cheap unknowns with Ben Foster probably being the biggest name in there. The directors only done an indie movie and another small studio picture so he's not expensive. Most of the budget probably just went into the CGI, which ranges from plastic to good.

I don't think the movie will be huge. Opening weekend in the low 40 million range. Domestic box office will probably end at $100 million. Internationally is where they're probably hoping to/will make the most. If they're lucky, Asian markets will eat this up and push it to a $300 million worldwide cume. On a $90-100 million movie, that definitely will warrant a sequel.

It will not bomb. It has been blessed by the spirit of David Bowie.

IM NOT A STAR STAR

a movie that's been in development for almost a decade isn't going to be $100m

Warcraft will break 1 billion dollars. For sure.

I wasn't in development its been in development for only 3 years

10 years ago maybe.

Cmon man

I need muh warcraft 4

Not hard enough

More people have been exposed to Warcraft since than then.

How people who spout this meme still don;t understand that is beyond me.

This CGI and live action mix looks like horse shit

Not hard enough.

>he gauges quality of cgi from compressed youtube stills when the effects are meant to be seen in motion on a huge detailed screen

here we go again.

Are garrisons in the movie?

why didn't blizzard just make a movie cinematic instead of one with actors?

all their cinematic trailers are awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

also, anyone know the voice actor for Gul'Dan is for the movie?

>Warcraft 4
user, it's not gonna happen.

it will not bomb, it will do a great business in China and Europe regardless of whatever bs is spout by the plebs in Sup Forums.

Universal has been doing early screenings for a good month now, another sign they have a good product on their hands and are confident in it. They've had time to polish it too, making sure the release date wasn't hijacked by capeshit or starwars. The first early reports have been coming in and they are all positive so far.

The marketing is shit tier no doubt, but its not a flaw, its kinda clever really. Audiences who go without a clue will be awed by the action sequences and the VFX. The trailers show nearly nothing of the storyarc as any warcraft lore nerd would tell you. This isnt LOTR with bad orcs versus good humans. If you expect this cliche you are greatly mistaken and will be pleasantly surprised.

It will be shocking if this movie doesnt reach 400$million worldwide at the very fucking least. Hell it might do just that number in China alone if they get nuts over it like they have for terminator genysis. And that was a true shitshow of a movie.

It will do a solid favourable early reviews / 10 and BTFO the haters.

Early release in Europe guarantees stronger opening in US. Gamekino is here to stay.

He's got a point, the chinks will go crazy for this shit.

i've been asking that question since wc3 days

Because the cinematics made by blizzard costs several millions per minute. I dont think you guys realize the polish they have or the insane amount of work they require. Blizzard isn't king of videogames cinematic by luck. These few minutes of hd 3D cinematic take often as much work as full fledged 3D movie releases. They have a much higher quality standard than the vast majority of 3D animated movies, they have much more detail than traditional 3D animation, they are entirely animated -no motion capture is ever used on them. And Blizzard's cinematic department is rather small compared to most animation houses. They hire only the best, and only people that have passion for their games. You have former animators from weta and ilm working in this department, this is a very small elite group really.

Economically it would be a huge money sink requiring an insane return on investment, so a big business risk that scares investors from the get go.
Blizzard would have to hire hundreds of highly qualified animators. Protip: most of them apply to blizzard's cinematic department and get rejected anyway because standards. They would have to scale up to ridiculous amount their pipeline and invest big fucking time on IT infrastructures just to allow such a thing to happen.
It would be a nightmare to manage and keep blizzard high standards.

And lets not forget Square's debacle with the final fantasy 3D movie. Hollywood has not.

My fucking sides are in orbit.

You nailed almost every Sup Forums trope exept missusing the word "kino" and writing "capeshit".

I tip my fedora, good sir.

I'll try to enjoy it as a parody. How I approached Pacific Rim and Drag Me to Hell.

IT WILL

-Haruhi Suzumiya

>How badly is this going to bomb?

It's kino as fuck and he's going to be the LOTR of 2016.

What house is this?

Is that Magni Bronzebeard?

>Is that Magni Bronzebeard?

Probably. It's either him or Madoran Bronzebeard

I love you Haruhi!

ayy lmao

>less than a month away from release
>no media blitz/massive ad campaign

Blizzard already reads the writing on the wall, trying to save as much money as they can now on this imminent trainwreck

looks like a gryphon's head.
Wildhammer maybe?

People said the same about BvS and Civil War.

>THEY'RE BEAST

what did he mean by this

Blizzard isnt in charge of the marketing. Universal and Legendary are.

well someone clearly understands this movie is an incoming bomb and are trying to save on money

>implying CW was bad
>implying BvS is anywhere near the same level of CW
Careful with that edge, you'll cut yourself

They're both terrible.

You know what's going to be more entertaining than the movie? Watching complete autists on Sup Forums go into spergrage about details from a 22 year old game that was pretty much only about the gameplay being changed for a hollywood movie.

Are you autistic? His post was not condemning at all. It was objective.

But BvS did bomb

Or maybe someone doesnt need to hyper market this movie to death and beyond like some morons have recently done.

Quality wise, it might actually be good.

But even if that's the case I think it will flop at the box office.

>tfw Duncan Jones is now a director for hire
F

I think it's going to be decent fantasykino and the only people hating on it are people who still give Blizzard the benefit of a doubt. Fortunately for me I don't

What the fuck are you trying to say? Drop the mindless fanboy act, it's not worthy of an adult.

They LITERALLY are doing this.

vg247.com/2016/05/11/world-of-warcraft-gets-warcraft-movie-tie-in-transmog-items/

He wanted to do this anyway. If you see any of his interviews he seems really confident and enthusiastic about this and seems that he has put a lot of effort into this.

Whats the big deal with this? All you have to do is log in the game after the movie is released, it doesn't force you to get a movie ticket for a code or something.

>Moon
8/10

>Source Code
5/10

I'm guessing Warcraft will be a
6/10

It was confirmed it isn't tied to tickets, just logging into Wow after the movie premiere

Only retards on Sup Forums said that, same people who thought that a movie with a Stars Wars logo would flop. Same for Deadpool.

no way does this have a budget of 100 million, just because some old articles say that. Warcraft probably has a budget similar to Pacific Rim which was 180 million. Movies with heavy CGI don't come cheap, John Carter is another good example which had a budget of 250 million and no big name actors.

well since you dont follow the news kid, Sony pictures just fired their marketing president just a month ago after the ghosbuster trailer fiasco, WB wasted about 200$ millions on marketing a fucking batman/superman crossover, you know the 2 most well known superheroes on planet earth. Clearly the marketing bumped it's box office results.
Were these facts mindless enough FOR YOU BIG GUY? Or are we now living in a world where the marketing campaign decides the success of a movie?

trend is down why should warcraft go up, it will be 2/10

We get it. You still play WoW and you desperately want it to be the mainstream, semi-acceptable hobby it was 7-10 years ago.
You have an addiction and you can't stop yourself from paying $15 a month to play a game that has fallen into the gutter over the past few years. No amount of yelling, namecalling, hoping and praying that this movie will be so successful that it kick-starts WoW's popularity again is going to change that.
It's over. Everyone else either dropped it when it became shit, or grew up and moved on from MMOs or video games in general. You haven't, and you need to deal with it.

see Possibly the same guy I initially directed the post at, but it's completely applicable to you as well.
You know that just because you play a (poor) video game made by Blizzard, doesn't mean you have to mindlessly fanboy EVERYTHING they are involved with, right?

meanwhile HearthStone alone, a warcraft spinoff card game, is bringing more business to blizzard than wow ever did. Keep raging kid. pull up your copy pasta you know you want to

this is the thing that worries me