Sucker Punch was a treatise on the objectification of women as seen through the eyes of various nerd subcultures...

Sucker Punch was a treatise on the objectification of women as seen through the eyes of various nerd subcultures. The prism by which the movie is shown self reflects to the viewer their own ugliness.

It's a movie that literally hates it's own audience and spits on them.

>"“I wanted to rub the human race in its own vomit, and force it to look in the mirror.”" - J.G. Ballard

If that isn't true kino, I don't fucking know what is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPsL6dECQ38
vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/sucker-punch-or-how-to-make-monarch-mind-control-sexy-7-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

3edgy5me

too bad, i would have gone to see it if it was just slutty waifus

I would have liked sucker punches if the action scenes weren't so long.

It is tho, OP is a faggot

Great panty shots

youtube.com/watch?v=OPsL6dECQ38

I agree.
It's a hypnotizing take on psychological trauma. It cleverly turns it into an esoteric, theatrical, fantasy extravaganza. Its own nakedness makes people feel shameful and embarrassed.

I'm completely serious, by the way.

OST was literally patrician tier

no, it's literally just the quintessential snyder flick, with scene after scene of raw mindless spectacle strung together with the loosest narrative string possible

>he didn't get it

So you're saying you don't know what true kino is.

Honestly the movie wouldn't have been that bad if they took out the 2deep4u shit and gave it to a more competent director/producer.

Only thing Snyder is good at is directly adapting comic books.

>he's convinced himself there's something to get

hi pleb

>Only thing Snyder is good at is directly adapting comic books.
He isn't even that good at that. He managed to do a scene-by-scene paint by numbers of Watchmen while missing the entire point of the original.

>noah
At least make your shit less obvious

NORMIES DON'T UNDERSTAND, NORMIES WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

grown up emily browning is my underratedfu

FUCK YOU FAG, THE WATCHMEN COMIC SUCKED, NOT ENOUGH COMPOUND FRACTURES AND WIRE-FU

>only seen mos and bvs
>never interested in sucker punch, began wondering if it was more about me reacting to cultural symbols
>things posted here have gotten me genuinely interested
>supposedly there might be a different cut released in the future

There is literally nothing wrong with objectifying women.

Zack finished his final cut, which is the more counter culture version, bigger focus on musical aspect.

Maybe it will be released when WB released the 4K Blu-Ray, would be a good opportunity. If not then, it'll never come out.

The extended edition is still enough to dissect, follow and understand. The final cut would basically be more "weird"

If that was true, Sucker Punch is even worse than the schoolgirl/yellow fever/waifu-fags it hates because it shamelessly panders to them. You can't have it both ways.

So is this the new meme post or is OP the same nerd but blasted from the Snyder thread last night?

OST was literally trash, Hot Topic versions of song that were only okay in the first place

You best be trolling, Becky

>The final cut would basically be more "weird"
this would be interesting to further see how he approaches certain ideas. as far as i can tell, sucker punch is the only movie where he went all the way
the weirdness in bvs was interesting, with all the allusions and references and commentary on the characters it at times gave me the same vibe i get from some morrison work

Zacks final cut ends with all the girls coming back to life and singing a 70s Chicago Soul tune ending with the curtain closing.

Not to mention the individual performance dances that 4 of the girls each performed as well.

One of his obvious direct inspirations is The Fountainhead.

So I wasnt supposed to blow my load to baby doll?

>it's another plebs literally don't get it episode
I'm getting tired of reruns.

The action scenes were great and so was the music.

jesus christ what a fucking hack

>The Fountainhead.
Explains why he doesn't understand an altruistic superhero like Superman.

>Superman chooses to save the earth instead of siding with his own people
>Superman literally dies to save the world

>Zack Snyder doesn't understand Superman is altruistic

Holy fucking shit, sometimes I want to keep believing the whole pleb thing is just memery, but no, plebs are real.

Alright...

*takes off specs*

Let me tell you what's wrong with Mr. Zack Snyder. To put it simply, his only problem is that he doesn't care about nerd culture. That's it. That's all. Satisfied? Good. Now run along and join the other sheep. Bye. Bye!

*sits there*

Oh, you're still here? Good, you've passed the test. The truth is yes, Zack IS too careless, but he's merely guilty of disregarding TOO much nerd culture. Alright, picture this- you're walking through the English countryside and see a cinema. In this cinema you see a film, a film very different from the Simon Pegg-esque upper middle class quip oriented flicks you're used to. Through seeing this film you are shown things- wondrous things. Now, up until this moment you're just a normal bloke. You watch Netlix on the weekend, talk to uni friends on facebook, have a joke and a share witty conversations between classes and generally get on with your life. But this moment changes the entire paradigm. It's something you genuinely never thought possible, but guess what? It happened. It happened and it can't unhappen. Deal with it.

So what do you do? That's the million dollar question, right? What do YOU do? Do you keep it to yourself? Sure, that would make things much easier, but why do that? Why keep it to yourself? Why do something simply because you're in fear of stepping out of the small, narrow box that society has put you in? That's the definition of, to use a much used modern phrase, a cuck. Yes, a cuck.

At the end of the day Zack Snyder is, at the very least, not a cuck. That's something he has over most people here. And that, I think, is something that must be said.

Knowing the bullet points of a Christ figure archetype isn't the same as understanding an alteuistic character and it shows.

The way you get to point B from point A has to be inbued with the proper motivations.

I don't know about any of that.

I was just there for the cute girls and the fun visuals. Everything between those two aspects might as well not have been there.

Thinking back on it, I realize I seriously don't even know what the plot of the movie was, much less what it was trying to teach us about objectification.

Do you have to be clever or something to """get""" these libtard movies?

I just saw a loud dumb action flick, not a deep critique of society.

>confirmed plebeian
I bet you missed the Courtly love references too

only if you felt dirty afterwards

>literally "not my superman" le post

kys

It's kino, and it's time this becomes known to Sup Forums

tfw friends with her brothers and meet her every time she visits the family. She is short as fuck

post yfw 96% of the audience gets 2deep4u'd by hack snyder

Is she cool?

vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/sucker-punch-or-how-to-make-monarch-mind-control-sexy-7-2/

>"“I wanted to rub the human race in its own vomit, and force it to look in the mirror.”" - J.G. Ballard
>mfw

Devilish

OP here, won't lie, I always remember that quote because of the song "Mausoleum"

Holy Bible is one of the best albums of all time IMO.

nice pasta

Damn right it is m8

shes cool, but she has lost a bit of her ozzie accent. its weird.

well not unusual to lose some accent if you've been living in america for a while.

nice to hear she is not a bitch thogh. I usually dont give a shit about actors/actresses, but I always liked Emily. Maybe its the singing, she does a great cover of Asleep by The Smiths in Sucker Punch.

why is nobody posting sucker punch sluts?

I watched this movie a month ago. I feel like i am only truly enjoyed movie. Musics were good, concept was good, Oscar isaac was good. waifus were hot.

Story is enjoyable , and it changes themes you dont get bored.

honestly only snyder movie i enjoyed

Now that I think of it, why isn't this Sup Forums, the movie?

Is the board THAT riddled with beta IQlet nu-male faggots?

Judging by the amount of sheepspeak you're trying to float, yes.

>beta IQlet nu-male faggot spotted

Odd, you don't seem tired by endless waves of Superman and Batman movies.

> (OP)
>If that was true, Sucker Punch is even worse than the schoolgirl/yellow fever/waifu-fags it hates because it shamelessly panders to them. You can't have it both ways.
The whole objectification thing was an after thought after the criticism.

Nope.

kek what a dumb cuck did he really think he would be getting an art house film?

This. Reminds me of people who want to use anime to take shots at the otaku, the very people keeping it afloat. And the only way they can do it is by pandering to them in the first place.

People watch entertainment to jerked off, not to see some faggot jerk himself off, blow his lot on them and call it an artistic statement.

>People watch entertainment to jerked off,

Is there something below pleb-tier? Because this guy just found it.

Finding junk food for the brain "thought provoking"? Yeah, I would say that is below pleb-tier.

>sheepspeak
woah woah, be carefull with that katana

I know it's mostly just meme but I also have friends who unironically like this movie a lot. Oscar Isaac is the only lasting quality of this movie.

>that awkward Juan Hammone cameo at the end
>"it's almost like she WANTED me to make her a potato instead of trying to advocate for her sanity"

Bravo Snyder

I'm glad nothing about it actually appealed to me. I didn't go see it.
>Budget $82 million[2]
>Box office $89.8 million[2]
And neither did a lot of people. Maybe if Snyder tried to make a good movie instead of political horseshit, he wouldn't be damned to capeshit hell.

Fuck off movieblob

I didn't really like the film but I was constantly jacking it the whole time so that was fun

Giant Samurai spinoff when?

>If that isn't true kino, I don't fucking know what is.
its fap material

>prism

I dropped it right there.

Anyone saying they jerked off to this movie is lying. The women werent hot (except Carla Gugino), theres no nudity which is the biggest crime this film commits, the outfits are hardly revealing, if they wore one piece bathing suits theyd show more skin than this, the shit action, dialogue, music, and "story" are all too dumb, wierd, and distracting to keep a hard on for. Seriously, unless you can blast one real quick to a short scene with Gugino, youre not getting anything out of this. And even then, go watch Sin City, she gets naked in that one

Looks like someone's not the mama

I didn't post that in this thread, how the fuck did that happen?

>The women werent hot
>Emily Browning
>Pudgens
>not hot
You might actually, literally be a homosexual.

It was originally going to be a new Heavy Metal.

objectification of women
MOTHER OF FUCK
WE ALL LOOK AT EACH OTHER LIKE OBJECTS, ESPECIALLY IF WE DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER

THIRD WAVE FEMINISM IS RUINING THIS PLACE

Pick some different ones

It was shit.

>blackhat

Dun goof'd

You can keep your spic subhuman.

>Films men will never understand

100% kino, especially the extended cut

Reminder that it's also a female revenge fantasy and that it works on 3 levels. GOAT examination of the male gaze and female identity.

DUDE COLORS LMAO

i like this review.

Sucker Punch was 2deep4plebs...

Sucker Punch is the all girl Full Metal Jacket. It's a 'kin masterpiece to be sure...

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

>>>>>Pudgens
Disgusting.

literally the worst movie ive ever seen

its zack snyder embodied, all style and NONE AT ALL substance

>yfw his career is a performance piece based around the central theme of "The Fountainhead,"

Good thread OP

If you don't like SP you have a serious case of teh gayz

Isaac is hot, full homo.