UNDEROOOOS

>UNDEROOOOS

Why alienate the majority of non-americans who dont know what the fuck he's even saying with this line let alone what underoos are ? Terrible writing tobehonestfamilio

Also, what would you have said ?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/49zqww/why_does_ironman_call_spiderman_underoos_in_the/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

underoos was alright, but no one actually got the orange slices line

Wait he said that? I though it was ON THE ROOF

>no one actually got the orange slices line
What was there to get?

It didn't bother anyone here because SUBTITLES exist.

>"change your movie to suit me"
>"i shouldn't have to learn or experience other cultures, things have to be dumbed down for me"

Go back to tumblr, faggot. I don't watch foreign films and expect to be catered to.

i didn't get it

>culture
>civil war

Nice b8 m8

>what would you have said ?

>HIGHER GROUUND!

You eat them after marathons.

Isn't 'underoos' a brand name anyway?

Not really there are screening in my country with OG voice for movies without Subtitle

Its not change your movie to suit me, its unfunny and they were introducing spiderman ffs, and they go with this shit "joke" pathetic

>an American man, in an American movie, branding another American kid, with a nickname pertaining to something American
>being foreign

>didn't bother anyone here
Here, as in, where I live.

>called for "Spider-Kid"

He should've just yelled twink

>'underoos'
>this is considered the height of Burgerclap culture

Not calling the movie"culture", but he's complaining about not understanding a reference which he believes to be strictly American, therefore "underoos" would be a part of American culture.

It's like watching a Bollywood film and complaining about poo in the loo.

In the italian version it was translated into something akin to "Spiderbrat".

How dare they not introduce SPIDER-MAN with the respect and reverence a deity of that stature deserves?

Yawn

fuck faggot ass non-americans

stop complaining and be happy we allow you to not only pay to view our entertainment but yet merely exist

I agree, OP. That's a pretty retarded line. Wouldn't it have been better if Cap threw the shield at him and the following exchange happened:

>Spider-Man: "Did you just throw a ginormous frisbee at me? I'm supposed to be a spider, not a dog!"
>Cap: "Give it back you bug!"
>Spider-man: "Sorry Captain America but spiders are actually arachnids, not bugs."
>Falcon: "He's got you there."
>Black Widow: "Yup its true, we are."
>Spiderman: "Heh."

為什麼疏遠了廣大的非中國誰不知道他甚至這一行話說,他媽的讓什麼談不上什麼餃子?可怕的寫作是誠實的家庭。

此外,你會怎麼說?

I thought he said "ON THE ROOF" because Peter was hiding, on the roof.

brilliant but Falcon should say:
>"He's got you there, bro."

herer, i found a reddit that will help you understand

reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/49zqww/why_does_ironman_call_spiderman_underoos_in_the/

Reddit: The Post

Tell that to brodies snapped spine.

AMERICA MENTIONED

EVERYONE MEET IN THE TOWN SQUARE

what?

I think Spidey should wink at the camera after "Heh". Breaking the fourth wall is never a bad idea

>no one actually got the orange slices line

agreed, this was a much more imbecile shortsighted line than underoos

HONDA ROOSE

Jesus christ that line was bad.

>WONDER OOZE

TMNT confirmed.

>experience other cultures
>Burger's greatest cultural export is a brand of underwear

kek

Are there seriously people who don't understand the Enderoos joke? Even if you don't know what Underoos are, they clearly sound like the word "underwear" and people have consistently said that super hero costumes, of the spandex variety, always look like full body underwear.

Americans didn't because it's related to doing exercise.

I watched the dubbed version in finnish and they gave Tony a funny Sami dialect

He yells out KHATOLLAAH

I think he meant Rhodey

How would underoos exist in this universe? They must have been just recently created. If so, that's a pretty strong indication of public support and endearment. Thus undermining the entirety of Team Stark's position. I

Why would the actual existence of superheroes preclude the existence of comic books- even fictitious comic book characters predating the appearance of real superheroes?

this. non amerikek here, got it the first time watching the trailer.

Ah, good point.

Yup watched the movie, was confused as fuck.

I mean I guess it's funny if you've ever heard that word before in your life, but I'm sure they could have used a word play that would have worked for the non-US audience.

Did US-fags find this funny (Not making fun of you guys, genuinely interested if the joke works if you are an amerifag)?

No, because humor sometimes doesn't translate.

Also, I'm very fucking fluent, probably better than quite a few amerifags due to reading numerous English books, but a very niche word like

>Underoos

Is something you might never learn unless you actually live in the US.

If this was written as a joke, it fell flat on it's face outside the US.

UNDER ROOSE

Same, He is clearly alerting Spiderman to come into the fight and Spiderman is standing on a roof, so it seemed pretty obvious he was saying "on the roof".

Is there anything you queers won't get offended by?

He should have asked for Icy Hot or something. I still don't even understand the orange slices line.

>Enderoos sounds like underwear to him

Did you never play sports and at half time or after a game the players would be given an orange slice to suck on?

>an orange slice to suck on

What the fuck? Did you play pee wee soccer in a gay soccer league?

Here in Latinshitland that line was traslanted to 'hey boy'... not even fucking close.

I played soccer for years as a kid and we never had orange slices.

Nowadays all kids are given a gallon of sugary sports drink to drink

Mad pajeets detected

Never during a game but I've heard of my friend in the marines utilizing this

I remember when I played soccer as a kid someone would bring out a plastic crate full of sliced oranges.

I THOUGHT HE SAID ON THE ROOF THIS ENTIRE TIME NOW I FEEL STUPID

The line wasn't the issue. It was the execution. A lot of my friends thought he said "on the roof" or "under roof" respectively. It wasn't clear.

>Why alienate the majority of non-americans
Because nobody gives a fuck about them aside from their dollarydoos, which they'll cough up regardless of the dialogue. Literally just foreign cattle.

No, the line was the issue.

in the UK you eat them during halftime of a football match

It's an american thing faggot

>Did you just throw a ginormous frisbee at me?
No. He took it from cap you autist. Stop forcing this shit

Ok so underoos are American underwear or something? Slang for underwear?

I got that.

What I didn't get is why did he call Spiderman underoos? Spiderman isn't wearing underwear over his suit or anything like that?

redditor: the redditor

That's actually good writing.
Give me you email, we will hire you for mcu.

You don't think he could have said it clearer?

I also remember in iron man 3 robert downy jr. saying something a long the lines of "wet beef". So I guess I'm bias in saying I feel like he could vocalize better.

In my country it was translated as "Does anyone have some Vitamin C ?".
It made totally more sense that the orange slice thing.

But the movie is called "Captain AMERICA"

that's fucking retarded what's he going to do with vitamin c inject it into his ass

old fashioned underoos

In Russia this phrase was translated something like "LittleDude"

That really is a stretch for a simple quip.

Calling him "longjohns" or "spandex" or something else would have worked better.

I've always been interested in little things that are changed in translations.

Got any more?

looking it up it's a brand name for superhero themed underwear

>caring about what non-americans think

your parents never loved you then

Why do yuropoors always miss the point?

in my country underoos was translated with:
now small guy

i shit you not

Canadian here, this make sense but not underoos

what do you guys call kids underwear with stuff printed on them?

Have you never taken a vitamin c tablet before? Jesus Christ

ANDERUS

really?
If that's a Canadian joke I don't understand it and I don't want to

>American
>culture

i watched this last night but just shitposted on Sup Forums during most of it

I practice plenty of sports, if anything I just drink sugared water by the end.

It seems to be more of a resent thing. It never happened when I was playing sport, but then it was common when my younger sisters were.

>SHOEHORN!

The movie is called Captain AMERICA

Also it's not like it's out of character for Stark who's also anerican

What bothered me more about the Airport scene was all the characters quiping each other on their powers every few seconds. Keep in mind these are characters who has seen an Alien invasion of earth, Hulk's abilities, even Thor. Yet they act surprised and surprised when they see a little ability the other character can do.

This may have to do more with the fact that they introduced Spiderman as a new character in the movie who's never been seen in the world before. But that's stupid of the film makers to do in the first place.

examples?

"ah le spider man, strength of le spider, quick of le web"
"ah le ant man, size of le ant, bravery of le insect"
"ah le american captain, le shield of destiny"

I don't recall anyone being surprised by spiderman, but antman turning big is a pretty big deal. He was essentially hulk lite

reddit pls go

in ant man didn't pimm mention orange slices when coming out of tiny form? It was so fast though I'm surprised it made it into a quipp in this movie.