What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/simpsons-live-episode-will-show-homers-improv-skil-236506
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SPIDER PIG

It was actually ok. Should have perhaps been the end of the show. Not very poignant though, it felt like an elongated episode with weird arcs like Bart's love of Flanders.

that faggot pig

pic related will always be the end of The Simpsons to me.

Spider-Pig was such a forced meme, I can't believe people picked it up positively.
Grampa's vision at church was retarded.
Alaska was retarded.

Rest was kinda all right.

McBane wasn't the president.

Scorpio's voice actor who was used on a forgettable character

10 years too late.

It was such a forced lame ass plot. It was a zany silly situation.

If they took all the best bits and shortened it into a 25 minute episode it would still be average.

The movie was good. I felt it needed more interaction with the town because the side characters can sometimes be better than the family, but for the first and maybe only movie, it's okay to focus just on the family.

There's minor things like Schwarzenegger as president and not McBain that i didnt like, but there's a lot of great classic Simpsons bits in the movie too. I'd recommend it

This.

There is no other answer.

Loved that game. My disc got so scratched in the end though that the roads would often disappear.

>the Simpsons movie came out 9 years ago
>came out between season 18 & 19
>season 27 is almost over

>The Simpsons Movie is almost a decade old
>The Simpsons is still going despite the movie providing a decent conclusion for the series

My hatred for the animation style made me completly forget about any of the jokes in the film. I can barely remember what happens in it except they were all trapped in a giant glass barrier

It felt like they made it without reasons why and without any kind of vision for what it would be. The plot wasn't different for any of the zany shit they'd been doing in the five years previous. None of the characters grow or change, in fact they repeated character arcs we've already seen in superior episodes. It just wasn't particularly clever in any way.

Was it made just to boost ratings?

>Was it made just to boost ratings?

Seems like it, same with that family Guy crossover

Season 9+. Scully.

Fuck that happened to me as well. Always tried to fix it but when I headed to the quicki mart I'd fall thru the road.

WHAT A FEEL.

>play this game on shitty laptop that would overheat
>world would just stop rendering while driving
>infinite falling

The town creates an environmental catastrophe and kill Green Day. President Swartzenegger deicdes to put a glass dome around Springfield for some reason. Simpsons escape. Do something or something. There's marriage problems with the Simpsons again. They come back, break the dome or somethnig.

I can't even remember why they left, or what that accomplished. Most of the film felt kinda like filler.

Oh and Lisa had a boyfriend who is only relevant for the first act and then doesn't have any impact on anything.

I saw it 3 times with 3 different groups of people

It's not terrible.

>it felt like an elongated episode with weird arcs
What else would you expect from a movie adaptation of the simpsons?

Bart Simpon's penis that got me into shota.

Literally all I remember. Fuck this movie.

>yfw they wont ever stop The Simpsons

GET OUT BART I'M PISS

agreeed, but think about what hell it would be to produce that while running the show

It was the point where humanity and civilization began its rapid decline

>Schwarzenegger as president and not McBain

The president looked and sounded exactly like him. I think you're lying.

Something more memorable or meaningful.

>Simpson has been on so long that the voice actors are starting to die

Just end it already

Nothing, it was a really good movie

It gradually shifted from adult/mature audience material to millennial viral bullshit.

You think too much of the simpsons

Commentary #1 has James Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Scully, David Silverman, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith and Richard Sakai. As if to further prove how slapdash this effort was, Sakai is not listed on the DVD menu as one of the commenters. Maybe he was left off intentionally. Then again, maybe they just didn’t care.

1:20 – First mention of the test screenings, and it’s very revealing. They were talking about what to do with the Itchy & Scratchy opening, and how they expected that as soon as people saw Scratchy they would be clapping and cheering just because they recognized the character. No one slapped their fins together at the first test screening though, and they seem surprised by this. Is it any wonder this show runs on nostalgia fumes? They thought people would cheer out loud just because they saw a character on screen!

1:40 – They’re recording this before the movie came out.

2:20 – This should come as no surprise, the end of the cartoon, with Scratchy getting filled with missiles, came very late in the process.

3:30 – Green Day was coincidental, they just happened to want to be on the show when they were trying to pick a band for the opening. They’re laughing about how they could’ve plugged in any band here.

4:45 – The church sign says “Thou Shalt Turn Off Thy Cell Phone”, the alternate was “Stolen Bible Amnesty Day”.

5:45 – First time pausing the movie. Ugh, this is going to go on for a while. Marge was originally going to be the one spazzing out in church, not Grampa.

8:15 – Discussing how widescreen means they can cram more stuff into the background. This reminds me of nothing so much as “Phantom Menace” when the fact that every shot had a bunch of crazy crap going on in the background was considered an unalloyed good.

9:00 – Someone compliments Castellaneta on his performance of Grampa speaking in tongues. Castellaneta seems taken by surprise, I don’t think he was paying attention.

9:30 – The scene in the car with Grampa in the rug was endlessly rewritten.

10:45 – As Homer and Bart are on the roof, someone says “With this movie, for better or worse, everything done is crucial. Everything is either setting up a joke, paying off a joke, or giving you information you have to have.” That seems a rather grand assessment.

11:45 – They’re very pleased with themselves for having Homer fall through the roof instead of off the roof. Truly, creative genius at work.

12:30 – More about how many rewrites they had to go through, this time in regards to the scene with Lisa going door to door.

12:45 – Continuing in the same vein, they initially had Lisa and Milhouse getting together, but test audiences weren’t familiar with Milhouse’s longstanding crush on her.

13:45 – A lot of things changed between the test screenings in Portland and Phoenix.

14:25 – Discussing the little banner at the bottom of the screen to advertise a fake FOX show, they originally had it a bit crueler, “What are you going to do, entertain yourselves? Don’t make us laugh.” But that got shot down. At least one person here, I can’t tell who, sounded a little mournful about that getting bumped for safer material, “I was hoping to take a chance with it.”

Green Day

Fuck Green Day

15:15 – Very pleased with themselves for managing to show Bart’s dick.

16:25 – Still laughing at how cool they were for keeping in the nudity. Nevermind that Bart is handcuffed to a pole for some reason.

16:35 – Rewrote the whole handcuffed to the pole scene after the original “didn’t work”.

17:15 – Now Bart’s getting humiliated in the restaurant and they’re going on and on about how they toned this down. In the original, Homer was even less likable here. Test audiences to the rescue!

17:45 – Apparently it was a lot “coarser” originally and just kept getting toned down.
18:30 – They went through lots of designs on the pig. I’m sensing a pattern here.

19:00 – Yeardley Smith just showed up.

20:10 – Al Jean (I think, might be someone else) is talking about how this schmaltz (he uses the words “sweet and deep”) with Bart looking enviously into the Flanders house while Homer cuddles the pig is his favorite scene. Someone else then cracks that it’s a good time to go for popcorn. First time I’ve laughed.

21:20 – Homer getting electrocuted while biting the fish survived years of rewrites.

21:45 – Test audiences love Flanders cocoa preparation.

22:00 – Spider-pig was a late entry.

25:00 – Apparently both David Silverman and Richard Sakai left. I, uh, didn’t notice.

25:10 – The computer animation technology they used was very new. They didn’t think that even a few years ago they could’ve done as many rewrites after test audience reactions. They used Wacom Cintiq tablets to do quick story reels, which were brand new at the time.

This is The Simpsons ending on a high note.

26:30 – Discussing the silo, they had long arguments about how many euphemisms for “shit” they could come up with and whether or not they could call it “crap”.

27:30 – As Homer drives up to the lake to dump the silo, there are a bunch of signs that say “No Dumping”, and one with Hans Moleman saying “You Suck”. They had a lot of other signs there, but they all got dropped. No explanation is given, but I choose to chalk it up to continued desire to make this as bland (and profitable) as possible.

28:30 – Talking about the squirrel with all the eyes, originally there were lots and lots of creatures, but audiences didn’t know what was happening at the end, and so they dropped it. Hence, the “thousand eyes” thing from Grampa’s rant doesn’t work.

29:45 – Went through a lot of designs for Russ Cargill (a/k/a Not Hank Scorpio), to the point that Burger King had the wrong design made into toys.

31:15 – They stopped playback at the point where the dome is coming down and the church people run to Moe’s and the Moe’s people run to church. According to them this was one of their favorite jokes, they all loved it, and yet they were going to ax it until, you guessed it, one test audience finally laughed at it.

31:45 – We’re still paused here and this deserves some more attention. They had to make the sign at Moe’s say “Moe’s Bar” instead of just “Moe’s”. There’s some crosstalk, but you can hear Jean (again, I think it’s him, not sure) in the background saying that they did that in case people didn’t know what “Moe’s” was. That ought to tell you everything you need to know about the mentality behind this production. They’ve dumbed it down to the lowest possible level out of what can be roughly described as total audience paranoia.

How long ago did the show get good again? I've just finished the last two seasons but I'm wary about going any further as I'm enjoying liking it again.

32:00 – Now comes the obligatory, “The church isn’t next to bar!” rag on the “die hard” fans who won’t like that. It goes on for thirty seconds and someone even mentions No Homers.

32:35 – Getting into more of the cut jokes, as the dome is coming down they originally wanted Burns to pop in and say that at this point you can no longer get your money back. They were afraid people might not realize that it’s a joke and actually ask for their money back. Wow.

33:10 – Mildly interesting trivia point: Edward Norton came in and did a Woody Allen impression for the guy who gets crushed by the dome, but they dropped that too.

34:15 – The dome has come down, and they’re aware of how much pointless exposition they now have to get through. But putting the screen in the dome made it “interesting” enough, according to them.

34:45 – The “trapped like carrots” line was a Swartzwelder joke that lasted from the first draft.

36:00 – They had some writers from the show come in late and do a lot of the lines for Albert Brooks. They’re the ones listed as consultants after the credits.

37:20 – Talking about all the writers who aren’t here for the commentary. Meanwhile, the crap silo is being lifted and the movie is steadily getting worse. Long silence.

39:00 – Talking about how tough the big crowd shot was to do. Needless to say, they cut jokes about three times after the audiences didn’t laugh.

40:15 – The scene with the arms breaking through the door was a late entry as well because they “could never get a great joke for these arms coming through”. Oh, we know.

40:45 – As the Simpsons are being driven out of their home and are fleeing over the wooden board to Flanders’ house, there is much discussion about how things were changed even after the animation was done, and how they had to keep at it because a lot of the jokes just didn’t work.

41:20 – “I just love Marge’s hair burning like a q-tip, and she calmly shakes it off.”

41:30 – Odd discussion about how they didn’t want to make Homer too much of a jerk. Huh? This is him not being too much of a jerk?

42:30 – The treehouse scene was actually worse in earlier drafts where they had lots of other things going back and forth during the mob scene.

43:10 – They were surprised the censors let Homer use his middle fingers. That was one of the few things I actually laughed at in the theater.

44:50 – The little moment that Lisa and Colin share was originally Bart and Flanders with Bart mooning the dome and it turning into a heart shape. But people thought it was weird. The test audiences may not have been a bad idea after all.

45:50 – The “gone mad with power” joke, which is maybe the best line in the whole movie, is the one they used to test the foreign language auditions for Not Hank Scorpio.

46:30 – The two policemen kissing and falling into the hotel got cut in Singapore. Now you know.

47:25 – The motel scene, as Marge and Lisa and Maggie are scolding Homer, was rewritten more than almost anything. Despite that it still ended up “burdened with a ton of exposition that has to get in.” Alaska wasn’t even in the movie for the first two years of the script.

Why didn't they just dig underneath the dome?
That'd be my first idea.

48:30 – “The original idea was that Homer wanted to go to Homer, Alaska.” It’s really getting weird on the commentary, they’re recounting all the different rewrites and dead end ideas they eventually discarded or worked into the movie. I think they can tell they kinda went off the rails and this list of justifications just reinforces that.

49:45 – And – wham! – we’re at a carnival where Homer is going to ride a motorcycle for some reason. The list of equally terrible alternatives continues, at one point they were going to be on some kind of clown try out show. No wonder this film feels like disjointed nonsense, that’s how it was put together.

50:30 – “The lesson of editing this film was definitely getting from point to point quickly, and not laboring, and not making it look like a new film was starting.” Let’s consider that comment, they realize that they have a bunch of unrelated scenes that have nothing to do with one another. Instead of trying to justify them or weave them into a coherent story, their solution was to jump from one unrelated thing to another as fast as possible.

50:55 – The whole carnival scene was kept in because originally they hadn’t set up that Homer could ride a motorcycle, which they needed him to do at the end. For a while they didn’t have any set up for their ending.

51:30 – The scene at Moe’s where every thing gets stolen was another late, unrelated addition.

52:00 – The drawn out joke where Marge doesn’t want the attendant to see the wanted poster comes in for some heavy, preemptive defense here. This was, I think, not a unanimous winner among the writers.

52:40 – The cut to Burns house leads to another round of “Oh this scene was a pain!” and how they didn’t have anything that really worked. Some of these really feel less like explanations than justifications.

53:30 – Talk of which stuff is computer animated and which isn’t.

54:00 – They really had a bug up their ass to send the family to Alaska, and they went back and forth a ton on why they were there.

55:15 – The whole point of the long, drawn out throwaway avalanche scene was to get Bart and Lisa out of the house so they could have a sex scene. These guys can’t write their way around a problem in less than thirty seconds of screen time.

57:15 – After a long discussion of how they had a hard time coming up with a reason for the people in Springfield to riot against the dome (really? they riot all the time), they decided that the audience would be really focused on the family. That lead to this damning self indictment, “We really wanted to write this movie for people who weren’t that familiar with the Simpsons.” Which prompts someone else to reply, “We found out we got no free laugh when a character said, ‘Oh that’s that character, it’s good to see them in the movie’.”

In those two sentences lies the root of why this movie sucks. They wrote a movie that didn’t try to appeal to fans because their earlier attempts to appeal to fans fell flat. Why did those efforts fail? Because they were using single test audiences whose main sin appears to be not laughing uproariously when a known character simply appeared on screen.

58:00 – Silence as the plot to blow up Springfield commences in the President’s office.

58:40 – They selected Tom Hanks because they thought he was the most trusted celebrity in America.

59:30 – Pretty much ignoring Homer’s freakout and Bart’s taunting of him and talking about the background animation.

60:15 – They actually think they’re keeping Homer from being a jerk as he walks out on his family.

61:10 – At one point they had Homer riding a moose. Like you do.

61:40 – Kavner had to do a ton of takes for Marge’s videotaped farewell to Homer before they finally decided that she nailed it.

63:20 – We’ve paused again as Homer floats away on the iceberg. Castellaneta describes doing Homer’s voice nowadays as “physically exhausting” because there’s so many emotional changes and “lots of yelling”. He should have some pull with the writing staff by now, maybe he could do us all a favor and see if he can get them to make Homer yell less.

64:20 – Castellaneta’s still talking, this sounds like Behind the Actors studio (such a pleasure to work with X and Y). Somewhere, the disembodied spirit of James Lipton is smiling.

64:30 – Yeardley Smith chimes in with this interesting little factoid. She’s talking about how recording this was like the early years of the show when it would take about eight hours to get all the voices recorded; now they’ve got it down to about four.

65:30 – Smith’s going on about putting emotion into cartoons and what a great character Lisa is. Meanwhile, the movie is still paused which means we’re not advancing towards the end at all.

66:15 – Right after discussing how improbable it is that Marge would ever leave Homer, they talk about how they were really going for a gut slamming moment with this breakup. Nobody noticed that those two statements are contradictory. Also, movie still on pause.

66:40 – Oh hell, the seconds are going slow, literally. While it’s on pause like this the timer is moving at about one half speed, which means this pause hasn’t been three minutes, it’s been more like six. C’mon, unpause . . . unpause . . .

67:00 – They’re just filling time now, except that there’s no need to because it’s paused. All they’re doing now is congratulating one another.

67:30 – I keep expecting this to end, and it keeps not ending.

67:40 – Thank fuck, we’re moving again.

68:00 – As the polar bear menaces Homer for no reason, they’re discussing how the upcoming “epiphany” scene is one of the “biggest problems” in the movie, “audiences had a hard time with it, we had a hard time with it”.

68:40 – They were thinking about cutting the epiphany scene, but they didn’t think it felt “thick enough” without it. Translation: even when we don’t have a set amount of time to fill, we use filler. Hans Zimmer, the composer, had to tell them that Homer was already trying to find his family when he left the cabin. In other words, they had constructed a story so poorly that they needed the soundtrack guy to tell them where their plot holes were.

69:15 – Still defending the inclusion of the epiphany scene.

70:20 – Talking about yelling as things get worse on screen.

if you honestly think the new shit is good, you never really liked the good ol simpsons...
I did watch a new episode yesterday to see if they were any good.
It had homer singing with ned on a boat wish some salami and fish as guitars. What the hell is that? so much for their personalities.

I guess it's okay for the standard the movie set tho. It's not "lady gaga episode" disgusting...

71:05 – More help from Zimmer as they thought the hallucination was too scary until he made up the orchestral arrangement of the Spider-Pig song for them.

71:20 – You can detect hints of shame as the hallucination rolls on, they’re speaking awfully defensively, especially given the fact that no one in the room is being critical.

71:40 – After Homer gets dismembered, including an “Ouch, My Balls” moment, there’s this: “Every crude physical joke, played great.” So, they know this scene sucks, but they think hitting Homer in the balls makes it okay. Remember, this took years to develop.

72:50 – After Homer runs out of the tent, they used to have the medicine woman saying “I will bill your HMO” or “How come they all think I work for free?”, but they never got a big enough laugh so it got cut. The testicle hit though, that stayed in.

73:35 – The dogs attacking Homer stayed in from the beginning.

75:00 – Rather than discuss the pointlessness of having Homer get lost again, they’re talking about more things that didn’t test well and got cut.

76:00 – The wrecking ball was in there from the beginning, someone even calls it a “classic coyote shot” and “Chuck Jones 101”. I’d call it Remedial Chuck Jones 1a on account of the coyote always got hurt in quick and inventive ways whereas this wrecking ball is the same joke over and over and over.

77:00 – Changed the backgrounds of the town so it doesn’t look as bad in response to – guess what – audience testing.

78:00 – A couple more concepts that didn’t make it past the test audiences.

79:00 – More discussion of things that didn’t please test audiences and now aren’t here.

79:50 – Having Homer write his plan down on a leaf was used to “re-establish story”, whatever that means.

81:10 – Cletus distracting Not Hank Scorpio was, just like so many other things, a late substitution. It used to be Lenny.

>The drawn out joke where Marge doesn’t want the attendant to see the wanted poster comes in for some heavy, preemptive defense here.
That's because it was lifted from "Wrongfully Accused"

82:00 – Now that we’re back to the dome, there’s a lot of talk about the large backgrounds in a lot of shots.

82:30 – Homer kicking the bomb so the timer goes faster was in there from the beginning, unlike so much else, it tested well.

83:30 – Talking about how much of Bart’s personality they could retain while he’s with Flanders. They had him “de-Barted” to a greater extent earlier.

83:50 – Mildly interesting note, they were nervous about the police bomb robot killing itself because there was that Super Bowl commercial with the suicidal robot that pissed off the anti-suicide people.

84:15 – “Once again, Homer’s gonna get hit in the head”, followed by polite chuckles.

84:40 – They didn’t know how much people needed to be reminded of the whole carnival/motorcycle thing. I can’t imagine why people would have forgotten a throw away scene that had nothing to do with anything that was about seventeen such scenes ago.

85:15 – They weren’t sure how to get Homer and Bart to reconcile, and they ended up doing it the way they did because Hans Zimmer wrote a musical cue that they liked. Zimmer sounds like he should’ve gotten story credit at this point.

86:30 – Martin getting his revenge was in from the beginning.

86:50 – They were nervous as to whether or not people were going to buy the whole “riding the motorcycle upside down and hanging on by the hair” thing, but ultimately they figured they’d done so much already that people wouldn’t care.

88:15 – Originally they were going to be chased down the dome by the bomb, but they thought the cracking dome made “more logical sense”. They actually said that.

>Homer is going to ride a motorcycle for some reason.

Give them some credit, that scene was setting up the precedent for homer to ride a motorcycle again at the end of the movie

89:30 – Originally they weren’t going to have Not Hank Scorpio confront Homer, but then “Matt” (not sure if it’s Groening or Selman or someone else) pointed out that, yeah, you might want to have the hero confront the villain.

90:15 – After Maggie saves them, they laugh about how she just wanders off instead of being taken by Bart and Homer. Originally it was going to be President Schwarzenegger, now it’s Maggie. I’ve lost count of variations on “this was character X, but then we changed it to character Y”.

91:00 – Yeardley Smith improvised the line about Lisa’s had being sweaty. I like that line.

91:30 – As they’re all celebrating, originally they were going to have Grampa come up and says, “I never thought I’d be happy to say these words, but . . . my son.”

92:50 – Homer falls off the roof to end the movie and someone, I think it’s Castellaneta, jokes “You could see it coming from two hours away.”

93:30 – As the credits roll, Smith jokes about “sequel” being Maggie’s first word, which prompts lots of joking around about how it’s not important that she already had her first word fifteen years ago. Do people really care about that?

96:00 – They’re still hanging out during the credits, talking about animators and editors and generally congratulating each other.

These hurt to read. I'd kind of pushed the movie out of my mind.

It wasn't done in the 90s.

That was a fun game.

I saw it a bunch of times, honestly compared to the episodes of it's era it was nice. Actually fun to watch the first time.

Sad. Not one of them gives a fuck anymore.

It's especially weird when you consider that's exactly how the main characters got out. Did nobody look at that and say "well, there's an idea"?

best scene

Thanks for the writeup I wonder how much better this movie would have been if they didn't self-cencor the whole way through.

FUCK YOU user THE FBI IS GOING TO BE AFTER ME NOW

It's broad daylight, those shadows are way too pronounced.

legitimate kino of vidya

they wanted to do a movie since like day 1
bart the general was even supposed to be a movie, at some point

thanks for posting bro

>James Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Scully, David Silverman, Dan Castellaneta, Yeardley Smith and Richard Sakai

as someone who has watched seasons 2-9 w/ commentary very recently this is the dream team (although i dont remember richard sakai ever being there)

>but test audiences weren’t familiar with Milhouse’s longstanding crush on her.
HE DOES NOT

>According to them this was one of their favorite jokes, they all loved it, and yet they were going to ax it until, you guessed it, one test audience finally laughed at it.

for sake of playing devil's advocate, they had never dealt with something this big, and certainly not test audiences, so it's understandable that they might take the audiences opinions into account

>They had to make the sign at Moe’s say “Moe’s Bar” instead of just “Moe’s”. There’s some crosstalk, but you can hear Jean (again, I think it’s him, not sure) in the background saying that they did that in case people didn’t know what “Moe’s” was.

>ends with a treehouse of horror level

NOT CANON

>They selected Tom Hanks because they thought he was the most trusted celebrity in America
To be fair he probably is. Hence Trevor Moore's 'Tom Hanks is an Asshole'

It was like a really shit 2 parter with some strange plot about the Simpsons moving to Alaska in the middle

>Let’s consider that comment, they realize that they have a bunch of unrelated scenes that have nothing to do with one another. Instead of trying to justify them or weave them into a coherent story, their solution was to jump from one unrelated thing to another as fast as possible.

this has always been in the simpsons style. they never really belabour the story points because the story is usually jsut a vehicle for the jokes. most episodes's first cat is almost entirely disconnected from the later two in terms of story. I get your point that it is just a series of ideas smooshed together, but i think that's more of a problem of bringing the simpsons to the big screen than the specific plot

>does whatever a spiderpig does

You hero

it used to make sense in classic simpsons. Then they just copypasted the structure over and over and now people like you see it like "lel they wanted to bury grampa and ended up with a tennis court". Which btw was the beggining of the end, they literally say in that episode "i bet you didn't see that twist coming huh" or something like that.

>Al Jean (I think, might be someone else)

How could you confuse his distinctive nasally voice with someone else?

Thank you kindly for the writeup.

I never minded going from one apparent plot to another, but in these last years, they tend to have the episode just END, like they run short of film, no conclusion.

avclub.com/article/simpsons-live-episode-will-show-homers-improv-skil-236506

how the FUCK are they going to pull this off?

castellaneta is good at improv

I mean more the mocap to animation

They could do one of a few things
>homer is still, they use audio recognition software to swap in different mouth shapes
>homer can switch between a few poses with pre-drawn keys based on either dan's mannerism or someone on a computer clicking a button
>they go full ugly 2D skeleton tweening
>they just use a cel shaded 3D model of homer

Sounds like a strain on the animator's wrist.

I guarantee you they make a joke about that because 'remember when the simpsons was funny? here's that thing it said back then that you liked'

>27th season
>he thinks it's still animated by hand

i feel like the second one
since the article said they aren't using electrodes or anything, it's probably just some generic sitting/standing and talking movements then mouth animation

>yfw the live publicity stunt is just a test to see if they can rely on audio software to do automatic lip sync and fire half of their animators

it was made when the show had already turned to shit

>I get paid to LEEEAD, not read

>Very pleased with themselves for managing to show Bart’s dick.

It wasn't that bad. I expected nothing and got a passable simpsons episode in a time when simpsons episodes weren't good anymore.

Most of the good bits were shown in the trailer.

one of those helicopters is just a reflection of one of the others

>Castellaneta seems taken by surprise, I don’t think he was paying attention.
lel

>people never make unlikely bonds

The bar/church scene was legitimately funny, I'm glad that they didn't care about the rabid "die hard" fans that would have complained about the two not being next to each other. Not sure how I feel about them changing it to "Moe's Bar", I feel like people unfamiliar with Simpsons could get the joke based off simple observations.

>Hans Zimmer, the composer, had to tell them that Homer was already trying to find his family when he left the cabin
That's really pathetic, I'm wondering if this movie was a too many cooks in the kitchen situation, seemed like a lot of people wanted various scenes and they had to fins a way to string them together.

__________________________________________(You)

>Mcbain
You mean Ranier Wolfcastle?