Why is the first thor movie so underrated?

why is the first thor movie so underrated?
it was beautiful and the music and set and direction was amazing and felt more like a complete movie than anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUOEKKglAr0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post qt lady sif familia

I don't like how Odin's personality changed between movies. If his motto is to avoid war when possible but make sure he is the one that ends it should it start, then why would he have been so against finishing off the Ice Giants after Loki had started a war?

In general they seem to change Odin's personality just to contrast whatever Thor's personality is.

She's not even cute. With those cheekbones she is simply classically beautiful.

Are you applying Norse Myth logic to Norse Comic logic or was that a think in the actual comics?
Because if it's the first, then don't even bother, that is the least of it's issues.

Probably because the second one was shite and that's what people remember the most.

Neither? I'm applying my knowledge of how people work. Odin's personality and perspective of the world significantly changed between the movies.

Are you implying that there are examples in myth or explanations in comics as to why Odin's personality would change on a dime?

Oh. I don't remember him changing that much. Wasn't he always a pussy?

>pussy
Wait, what? How old are you?

His wife being slaughtered because of his adopted son might have something to do with it.

>His wife being slaughtered because of his adopted son
Loki dindu nuffin though. He was in a prison cell.

I saw this, it was stupid.

Like, Thor becomes a better person by drinking coffee, wanting to bone Portman and beating up a suit with nothing in it. And then he destroys the rainbow bridge, but I don't even remember why it was a good thing. And Loki murders the king of frost giants but nobody cares.

I don't think the death of his wife had much to do with it. The message was that kind of brutality was necessary to be a good ruler, which is why Thor turned it down.

Are you implying that Asgard should be happy about what Loki did?

It's the best disney marvel franchise.

What I mean is that the frost giant king's death was very brief and I'm not sure if it was addressed in a meaningful way by anyone afterwards. The whole thing started because of a conflict with frost giants and asgardians but the former disappear from the movie after Thor gets expelled and never come back. I get that it's a movie about Thor, but then why go with that opening? Thor could've become unworthy through any number of stupid acts.

Okay, where do I begin...

They needed to introduce the Frost Giants to give an origin with a face to Loki as an adopted son. The Frost Giants provided an evil looking bunch of antagonists on which Loki could do a 180 on (first he is a mustache twirling villain siding with the ebil bad guys but oh wait, actually he has Asgard's best interests at heart as Loki sees them). The whole thing helps enforce that Loki is the god of deception. Finally, there needed to be a people perhaps a little deserving of destruction for the movie's lesson about enlightened ruling to make sense.

I loved it. It was super comfy. Don't care what the ratings say. It's sitting on my shelf and that's where it's staying.

youtube.com/watch?v=NUOEKKglAr0

I guess my problem is that the inclusion of frost giants comes off as unsatisfyingly one-dimensional.

Well like I was saying, that's kind of the point. They are there to be villains in a very simple sense. They are meant to be villainous enough to not inspire pity but not quite evil enough to warrant genocide.

Because thor, a literal god, came to earth and didnt immediately doggy style kat dennings with his norse megacock. I get some suspension of disbelief but that was too far.

She does indeed love her push-up bras, brah.

Thor reminded me too much of Masters of the Universe. Where the Earth parts looked cheap. It also bored me similarly. It didn't help that the antagonist, Loki, was an anemic threat in this film.

I liked Thor 2 better, but that's faint praise.

Isn't Masters of The Universe GOAT status?