Is it cultural appropriation for an American to play an African character like the Black Panther...

Is it cultural appropriation for an American to play an African character like the Black Panther? Why not cast a real African like Rick Cosnett?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Another epic race bait thread made by a capeshit loving mobile poster

because that's not what an African is supposed to look like

nice dubs check mine

Check your failure.

Why is he even called Black Panther? Panthers are Black in the first place

>look its a yellow banana?
>oh rly m8

Panthers are tan, friend. Try and get an education outside Marvel/DC Sup Forums threads once in a while.

thats a fucking cougar

bananas are white though

Because there's no such thing as a panther. I don't know why people think it's a real animal it's not it doesn't exist.

Cougars, leopards, jaguars, these are real cats. Calling them panthers is like calling all eagles Phoenixes. Only Americans do this shit with Panther.

>only Americans do this shit with Panther

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank

Yes, that's a tank. They don't go around calling actual animals panthers.

>Is it cultural appropriation for an American to play an African character like the Black Panther?

Not really "cultural appropriation", because he was created by a couple of white, Jewish guys from New York and is thoroughly a product of American culture, but it would be unabashed whitewashing - the very purpose of creating the Black Panther for Stan & Jack was to create a black hero, something they'd never been able to do in their twenty-five plus years in the industry at the time. If you want an inexplicably white African hero, go make another movie about The Phantom, whose line has somehow managed to stay white despite being in Africa for 400 years.

I thought the image on the right was Azrael batman from Knightfall

You check your privilege.

some one post the weebum of that panther sucking on that dudes hand

The opposite happens all the time so I don't see the big fucking deal.

They made Annie, the RED HEADED orphan, into a black girl and no one cried about it. So glad that movie fucking flopped.

Rick Cosnett is so dreamy.

this

You're right that "panther" isn't a specific species, but people still call whitefish "scrod" and all sorts of arthropods "bugs" as a catch-all term.

"Panther" just means a big cat that isn't a lion or tiger.

but his name clearly states it is a black panther
did you sperg too when a pink panther played the pink panther in the pink panther movie?

"Panther" can refer to any is several big cat species, including leopards, jaguars, and cougars (it's the genus name for big cats, including tigers and lions as well). The mythical creature Panther had black fur, so black variants of these animals are typically referred to that way.

So "black panther" is slightly redundant, but not inherently so. It's no less imprecise than Blue Beetle.

Anyway, T'Challa's specific animal is a leopard.

Why did this turn into a thread where people argue about animal taxonomy?