What the fuck happened?

What the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6_ctkElxBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the designers knew most people would bend over and take whatever they tried to jam in their ass. someone put paycheck effort into this.

They really should have stopped at the first one.

Even Batman Batmans Batman.

True Powerrangerkino right here

Iron Man.

This
you still haven't seen transformers???

Jews.

>boob armor
Why not make the whole upper torso piece deeper instead of fitting the boobs specifically?

>a fucking power rangers reboot
this is the low we have reached
what's next, a dark teletubbies reboot?

They already did that
it's called boobah

Kinda want to motorboat the girls though.

America

>Japan releases new and interesting designs every year while staying true to the origins
>America is incapable of doing it

nothing changed, it was always shit.

can't believe people pay money to see anything if it's based on something they used to watch as a kid. I liked the show at age 7-8, but kind of embarrassed about it and recognize that it was the lowest form of repetitive trash that should be forgotten, not revived with nostalgia.

>We should hate what we loved as kids
Tips fedora into your direction and smirks*

The only thing it needs is to be deconstructed.

Batman Begins happened

why do people hate simple costumes? you can make a modern capeshit without your characters looking like Tron..

/thread

Its call growing up son.

They became the Big Bad Beetle Borgs.

Saban knows nostalgia pandering is retarded

Nope, growing up is realizing those things were childish, not that you should hate them, is pretty fucking different.

we shouldn't hate everything, but a lot of stuff made for kids was trash. as children we didn't recognize this, because honestly, kids will like almost anything if it has bright colors and fast movement. still, we should be able to recognize that some things were bad even if we feel nostalgic about them.

>"not muh" autism
>over fucking Power Rangers

Manchildren get btfo every day but still they persist with more and more gutless 'outrage' directed at no one in particular except maybe their own internal dissatisfaction over a wasted life worrying about ridiculous things like Power Ranger costumes

I found sentai and KR to be more fun, then during my teenage year I went through an edgy phase and started liking Garo way much and hating Sentai a lot, then, now, I went back to my roots, so really desn't affect me much as powerfans

It's stupid to care that they look different but the new ones do look retarded t b h

Wasn't the point of PR costumes to be simple yet unique? these are literally the same with different colors and crowded as fuck with lines and shit, it's like the opposite of what it should be.

Here's a wild idea.
Maybe what seemed cool to you as a kid, doesn't seem as cool now to modern kids.

Really?
These are the today Sentai, and kids love it.

The bottom looks like battle armour. I'd watch it.

I always kinda liked how the Power Rangers' outfits just looked like clothes. You slap on this magic tight clothing and bam, you're a badass, you're a different person. The effect isn't the same with armor.

looks like iron man fucked a transformer from the movies and these are their bastard kids

>tfw show my little nephew old shows like thundercats, silver hawks, ulises 31, etc
>tfw he says the look cool and seem better drawn that cartoons nowadays
Felt nice not gonna lie

>japanese kids love it
fify

The combat isn't going to be the same either, is going to be harder to move with tactical armor all over the place and that is going to show.

>it's a lets talk about power rangers as if super sentai never existed before and after it,
The whole super sentai thing is about stunts and weird attack poses, you can't do that on heavy armor.

Thundercats is fucking trash along with Silverhawks.
>reminder that there is no good release of them out today that isn't fucked to hell.

fears became real

>is
I meant the old shows, not the remakes, user, and they were great.

I meant the old versions. They are trash.

Yeah, because Japan is trapped in some sort of temporal bubble so they can't change, right?

PR had like 20 shows? kids loved them, each one of them

Yeah because Batman Begins invented armored suits. Oh wait.

>Japan is trapped in some sort of temporal bubble
I don't see any used panties vending machines anywhere else.

>kids loved them, each one of them
And they'll love this one too.

looks fun

The 20 PR shows stayed faithful to a certain style, this movie isn't going in that direction so don't be so sure.

I think these are their best suits yet.

Man, I remember hating that movie so much when it was release, it was always dark and they always seemed to fight at night and the costumes looked weird to me

They straight up stole the new costume designs from the video game Mass Effect.

>Simple yet cool
How Japs do it?

They got better by the look of it.

>mfw there were people who seriously expected the new Power Rangers to look like cosplayers

>To look like cosplayers
It's the opposite, cosplayer look like PR

>fun
Nice buzzword

>cool
Maybe it's about time you growed up, little Timmy.

Maybe, maybe not, you seem pretty upset I don't though.

No. The original PR costumes look cheap as fuck.

No matter what this looks like, how close or far it sticks to the original designs, it's going to be shit. I can't believe people are so vocal about how true it is on ether side. I'm stunned people actually want this.

Look, I'm kind of a sucker for capeshit. I get that it's cool to see the superheroes you saw in comics and cartoons and video games growing up adapted to the big screen. And some of those characters, ridiculous as their concept is, can be used to tell pretty interesting stories if the writers put the right care into it.

But the line has to be drawn somewhere, and honestly, Power Rangers is a pretty stupid idea to begin with. Harsh as it sounds, it was one rung on the ladder above shows meant for actual toddlers. And that was fine when I was five and the something-out-of-nothing bullshit behind their suits, weapons, and zords didn't need any kind of explanation of rationalization other than the Energy turning into the Power that drives the Force of the Power Energy Force, as long as episodes stuck to formula and delivered on the action. But personally, I think there's a really slim chance that they'll be able to give the premise a better logic to adjust the movie to the now-adult audience of nostalgia junkies it's clearly targeted toward.

I just don't see it being anything but stupid and/or boring.

And? you still got the thing wrong, cosplayers look like that who wants to imitate, not the other way around, PR can't look like cosplayers because PR invented those costumes.

there are no more used panty machines you dumb faggot.

>Power Rangers is a pretty stupid idea to begin with
>While saying he likes capeshit
It's the same thing, user, superpowerful people in colorful costumes doing heroics and forming teams.

>we want the capeshit audience

Who in the motherfucking fuck would possibly want or ask to see Power Rangers rebooted?

You forgot
>They also have secret identities, they also fight a monster/badguy of the week/month
And you know why they look so much? becasue sentai, fuck, tokusatsu in general was inspired on capecomics from the 50s-60s

I thought image above was how they would look in the movies.

But other capeshit has room to tell decent stories. The Power Rangers show was twice as formulaic as a comic book story, the origin was that a bunch of kids luck into free super powers, and there wasn't even a pseudo-science to all the costumes and weapons and shit. Just dropping words like "power" and "energy" and "morph."

I won't argue that it's not similar, or that other superheroes aren't geared to kids too, but Power Rangers wasn't even as mature as other cape shows and cartoons, and it just doesn't seem like it's going to work.

I did!

Power Rangers RPM would disagree with you.

Well, I haven't seen that one. Maybe a movie of RPM would work, but Mighty Morphin is probably going to be dumb.

>there wasn't even a pseudo-science to all the costumes and weapons and shit. Just dropping words like "power" and "energy" and "morph."
But there was on the original japanese version :^)

when will it end

>If only he weren't a fucking walrus
That costume would be so much better if it were thinner

it's a shame

>Comic characters that have "lucked" into superpowers
Spider-Man
Captain America
The Flash
Dr. Manhattan
Etc.

Also, let's not pretend that the pseudo-science in capeshit is any less handwave-y.

Cap's shield is made of a bullshit fake element that "Reflects 100% of the force exerted on it"

Tony's suit is powered by "Repulsor technology."

Superman gets his power from the fucking son.

Spider-Man just happens to develop the most powerful and useful material on the planet in his shitty bedroom with no resources.

And don't even make me fucking start with Batman.

Your silly bullshit isn't any more respectable than this silly bullshit.

>I don't like things that are different.

I'd rather have at least some explanation than none at all. Power Rangers have fucking nothing. Where do their suits and zords and shit come from?

And by "lucked into", I meant that's the extent of it. At least the characters you mentioned had an interesting story leading up to where they were by the end of their origin story. The Power Rangers were just given their powers by a god out of the blue, and they were ready to roll.

First post best post.
Power Ranger fans are retarded.

How much cock is Jason David Frank sucking to get in on this movie?

It looks badass bulky, and it makes sense. You get bigger with age, theres no way to reconcile a middle to late aged dude screaming HENSHIN and turning into an anorexic gymnast. They were made by a space wizard as part of a galaxy wide war.

>PR invented those costumes

No they didn't.

But you get one.

Zordon is an alien wizard who has lived in seclusion for 10,000 years. He made the robots and powers for when his archnemesis inevitably broke free of her prison and he needed soldiers to fight for him what with being a fucking head in a jar.

That's more or less what the show tells you.

Zordon needed Teenagers because contrived kid's show, and he picked those five because they were already honest and decent people and already were martial arts students.

And also, when they're given the powers, they immediately turn down the offer and walk away until an attack by enemies forces them into Zordon's war, so they weren't ready to roll.

It's all just silly bullshit, man. Toku, comics, it doesn't matter. None of it is particularly smart, and it doesn't need to be to be entertaining and engaging.

We had to make it believable that that fatass Fujioka was in that suit.

The original Rangers were military people augmented with science to fight magic nazis.
The reason superhero stories and heroes have degraded so much is because we haven't had a large-scale war for too long. It's true.

The pseudo science was that a wizard from Eltar used his magic to find ancient relics. Fusing the relics with his magic and high technology, he created devices that tapped into a font of power that exist throughout the universe.

Why? To combat an alliance of all the evil in reality.

Ranger teams exist all over the universe, like green lanterns.

The issue you have is tone. Existing PR lore with a darker or at least less stupid tone would work easily.

>But personally, I think there's a really slim chance that they'll be able to give the premise a better logic to adjust the movie to the now-adult audience of nostalgia junkies it's clearly targeted toward.
People like you are the reason Civil War and BvS are the norm. In other words, grim no-fun shit that's too ashamed to be a superhero story. Where's that guy C.S. Lewis and his magical quote when you need him.

Oh hey its Masked Rider Warrior Leader.

youtube.com/watch?v=f6_ctkElxBg

Are they all in Iron Man suits?
TMNT suffered this same fate

>Civil War
>Grim. No Fun. Ashamed of being superhero movie.
You high?

They literally look like Iron Man ripoffs, right down to the fucking glowing chest triangles.

I think if you'll take a moment to be honest with yourself, you'll see that the fun to bullshit ratio skewed far towards the latter with Civil War.

I wanted to get jerked off by Pink Ranger when I was a kid.

It's almost as if aesthetics of the 90s don't work in the 2010's

>Triangles.
Motherfucker needs to go back to sesame street, those are diamonds.
No pal, you're high. Any movie where a dude can bring town a team of demi gods with a rubber mask is not ashamed to be comic book.

So, what you're saying is, any superhero suit made today has to look like those new ones? Because that's the only possible way that the current year should have anything to do with the way costumes are designed.

Yeah, but tell me something besides the action that was fun.

>so, if you just hold this dried grass simulacrum, I'll set it ablaze.

>I'd rather have at least some explanation than none at all.
Why? How does that affect the quality or story in anyway? Are people this unwilling to accept that a man could fly?

>PR lore
I cannot believe you actually called it that. Are you also an expert on the Sesame Street mythos?

>with a darker tone would work easily.
No, it would only inadvertently put more emphasis on how juvenile it is.

>a less stupid tone
I think the tone would still need to be somewhat light-hearted, but what it really would need is a redone background story. They can't just be random kids that get the suits just because they take karate after school. If they absolutely have to be teenagers, at least make them part of some military prep school. And don't just have the suits and zords appear out of nowhere. I know the whole idea is that they "morph", but shit's gotta come from somewhere.

>Tell me about the parts of the action movie you enjoyed...
>Action doesn't count.
uhuh