Now that the dust has settled, which one was better?

now that the dust has settled, which one was better?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10192983
nationalreview.com/article/433246/batman-v-superman-culture-war-gets-mythic
nationalreview.com/article/435036/captain-america-superheroes-dumbed-down
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69425906/
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU
forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/05/09/captain-america-civil-war-shows-exactly-why-batman-v-superman-failed/#1c8eb28e46bb
youtube.com/watch?v=pX2VmLwlMV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

strawpoll.me/10192983

BvS looks better and has a better score

CW has more compelling characters and a tighter plot

Hellboy 2: the golden army

civil war no doubt.

This completely this

So CW but I'm not rushing to rewatch either really

Bvs personally

>personally
This is all that matters

All the scores of modern movies sound like the same MIDI shit as each other, there all done by the same fucking 3 people, or trying to sound like them. It either William,s Elfman, or

BvS was the better movie but CW was the better flick

CW was much better, but it felt like the same movie we get twice a year so I actually enjoyed BvS more because it was simply different.

As an end result, Civil War is better.

I think BvS aimed higher and fell short (quite short), while Civil War aimed lower but hit its target. Not sure what I'd like to see studios do in the future though.

Already had this discussion and Civil War got trampled on. Mods had to delete the thread.

nationalreview.com/article/433246/batman-v-superman-culture-war-gets-mythic

nationalreview.com/article/435036/captain-america-superheroes-dumbed-down

Marvelets' only argument will be muh popularity. They can't conjure an original thought even if their lives depended on it.

Here's last thread.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69425906/

WE ALREADY TOLD YOU, IT'S BVS

wew lad

The Marvel Studios fandom is full of generic cunts who try to seem quirky and unique by identifying heavily with a slightly offbeat fandom such as the Marvel Cinematic Universe "But wait, that's actually incredibly mainstream and not offbeat at all!" you say. And you're right. But actual offbeat things don't give as much 'nerd' cred, and these things have more creative value than reality TV so people on Tumblr can make posts such as "Why are all girls nowadays such idiots who watch Jersey Shore? I'm very unique because I like nerdy intelligent stuff like Iron Man 3, and I like quirky men like Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo teehee, look at this repeating gif of 0.5 seconds of Loki doing a thing with his face and a theory about how all the Marvel movies are connected and Thanos is going to collect all the Infinity Gems except in the movies none of them are really "gems" at all and here is some fanart of all the Avengers gender swapped and with less sexist costumes and they all have the exact same fucking face with that bulbous red nose also did you know that I am a girl who likes superheroes I know it's hard to believe but it is true I AM AN AVENGERS look at this gif of Tony Stark raising his eyebrow, anyway The Avengers is sexist because Black Widow's costume is too tight and unrealistic for a special agent so here is a redesign of her in figure hiding combat fatigues because I am progressive. Does anyone else think that Hulk and Iron Man would make a good couple? TEE HEE I LOVE GAYS BECAUSE I AM SO TOTALLY NOT HOMOPHOBIC EVEN THOUGH I TREAT GAYS AS AN AMUSING NOVELTY Rocket Racoon for president!"

>They can't conjure an original thought even if their lives depended on it.
>People I disagree with can't conjure an original thought
>Here's this Armond White review that explains what I think

BvS actually

Ugh...you're not one of those people that preferred the prequels to Force Awakens, simply because it was "different", are you?

Not at all. I disliked the prequels and was lukewarm on The Force Awakens.

However I fucking hated Jurassic World, my god that movie was garbage outside of Bryce Dallas Howard looking fine.

dat dank ass get though

>Jurassic World

Right there with you on both accounts.

>Ugh...
>>>/tumblr/

I don't know cause I doesn't consume Jewish media

>I doesn't consume

Score
>Batman v Superman (Marvel scores tend to be forgettable)

Acting
>Batman v Superman (Affleck was best Batman yet; Irons, Hunter, etc… were great; even Gal surprised)

Story
>Equal but slight edge to Civil War (both suffer in the same areas - namely trying to cram two movies into one)

Cinematography/Visuals
>Batman v Superman (Snyder is objectively unparalleled in cape movie visuals; Larry Fong's cinematography is stunning)

Editing/Pacing
>Equal but slight edge to Civil War (both suffer pacing issues in the first act; Civil War's Bourne-esque action scenes and BvS final battle are both headache inducing)

Emotional Impact
>Equal but slight edge to Batman v Superman (fights felt more brutal, greater sense of gravitas throughout; unneeded humour during airport scene detracted from stakes in Civil War)

Tone
>Batman v Superman (given the subject matter and stories each movies was drawing from, Civil War should have been as serious as BvS)

Action
>Civil War (apart from some editing issues the fight scenes and action scenes were fantastic; too much green screen/cg detracted from BvS fights - namely final fight w/ doomsday)

Themes
>Batman v Superman (a heavy handed but nonetheless unique character study of these heroes in the world, interesting parallels with Arthurian legend, Shakespeare, etc…)

Set Up for Future Movies
>Equal (Loved the inclusion of SM in Civil War and WW in BvS)

Overall
>Batman v Superman (not a movie without major flaws, but its a unique and subversive take on a genre thats starting to feel generic and played out)
>BvS: 7.5/10
>Civil War: 6.5/10

I'm astonished at the amount of people that fell for this. I mean...I know the internet is full of fucktards but come on people. Has no one here heard of Armond White? This dude hated literally every Pixar movie and loved Transformers 2.

Of course Batman v Superman was nut bustlingly good in his eyes. And too much character development was happening in Civil War. TWO STINKY TOES WAY DOWN.

second favorite excuse:
>muh critics!

beta nu-males, not once

>disney shill vote manipulating

Well expressed, I agree 100% although I would rat BvS a 7 and CW a 5.5

Haven't seen BvS. Liked Civil War.

Reminder that even the soundtrack is superior in every way.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU

forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/05/09/captain-america-civil-war-shows-exactly-why-batman-v-superman-failed/#1c8eb28e46bb

Professional opinion incoming, all fanboy kids can shut up now

>Editing/Pacing
>>Equal but slight edge to Civil War
Nigga, you just went full retard. The editing in BvS was horrendous.

Nobody honestly thinks BvS can even COMPETE right? This is all a shitty Sup Forums meme taken too far, right?
Or do people on this site really just not have the ability to understand how BvS was nothing but utter trash?

I think TFA will look better in retrospect once more movies are out. Not because they'll be bad, mind. I think they just wanted to make a relatively "safe" to reestablish a brand that hasn't had a well-received installment in 32 years. They've reestablished confidence in the franchise, and now they can do riskier things.

One movie was bland, formulaic and nonsensical and the other ambitious but messy.

Since I'm not a pleb I take BvS obvs

>Spider-Man has more lines in Civil War than Superman did in BvS

You need professional help to get over that perpetual adolescence.

the entire first act of Civil War grinds to a halt in the same way BvS does. The early action scenes are messy quick cut nonsense. Jumping around from location to location and different points in time, flashbacks, etc… are major issues.

Friendly reminder that dumbed down masses historically represent the majority of the world population.

But by all means, continue with your Marvel circlejerk to make you feel better about yourselves, if only for a little while. You can't hide from the fact that your mediocre and conformist lifestyles are drenched in banality and lack of ambition, and that you're celebrating the success of a faceless corporation as your own.

One more thing; why do Marveldrones fear what they don't understand?

Encountering the unknown reminds them of the ultimate unknown: death.

If a person is unsatisfied with their lives and feels inadequate they reject it out of fear of having to face their own mortality one day and realizing that they wasted their lives.

So instead of facing their inner demons they choose to cower in the warm and soothing but provisional embrace of escapism and ignorance, which is what Marvel flicks represents to them.

Have fun in your thread though.

So basically, the opinion of an assblasted DCuck.
There is a good reason why you all fell into irrelevancy.

>Civil War is a phenomenal film, and very well might be Marvel’s best ever, which is really saying something. There’s a reason movies like this are held up to a gold standard, and at this point, DC is going to be lucky if they can produce a film that’s even half this effective. That’s not fanboy talk, that’s just coming from someone who likes well-made movies, great characters and coherent stories. And right now, only Marvel has all of those things. We’ll see what the future holds.

/thread
#DCucksonsuicidewatch

It definitely is. Look at all the people here that hit Bingo already!

Not saying that both movies aren't trash but he got you there dipshit.

There is too much objective good in BvS too warrant it being as bad as critics said it is. Further, nearly all its flaws are shared by CW suggesting that objectively it isn't as good as critics claim. Subjectively you can like one over the other, but objectively there isn't much difference between them.

>Dawn of Justice

>A film about how righteousness prevails, scarred souls being healed and looking to the future with the hope of being better people, and the importance of heroes.

>Civil War

>A cynical treatise about how heroes are unnecessary, A film about tearing people apart. Literally a a work advocating negativity and failure.

What a surprise that the critics chose to reward cynicism over hope and led the sheep astray

>All these movies that abuse orchestral pieces sound like MIDI
are you deaf?

>Give BvS a slightly better rating than Civil War
>Explain my reasoning using objective points of comparison
>Even praise Civil War in some parts
>assblasted DCuck

um ok…

>Forbes utterly shits on Warner

That's it. The DCEU is officially dead.
DCucks can pretend that it's only the pleb majority that prefer Marvel, but that doesn't change that the wealthy elites (who are the only ones whose opinions matter) also think DCEU is utter failure

We know how those ones turn out.
He's the embodiment of nu-male.
Do you rely on these people to tell you what's good?

Next he'll break out Evans

youtube.com/watch?v=pX2VmLwlMV4

>there were a lot of ideas that were a little too smart for me to understand

Yes, the man who wrote Gone Baby Gone and Goodwill Hunting is not smart enough for Batman v Superman. Being Ben Affleck must be suffering, I really hope his solo-Batman film is a critical and commercial hit.

Sheep on suicide watch.
Why do Marvelets get triggered so easily?
It's very hard for them to swallow the truth.

>Objective

Top fucking kek.
Maybe call it "shilling under the pretense of objectivit but I need to be so superficial and undetailed about it yet it's still obvious I'm a retarded DCuck who's buttblasted about my most hyped movie being absolute fucking shit"

>The DCEU is officially dead

Don't you mean The Batman Cinematic Universe?

>That’s not fanboy talk, that’s just coming from someone who likes well-made movies, great characters and coherent stories

But Civil War was packed with convoluted story lines, messy storytelling, massive tonal shifts, terrible acting, etc… Even if you hated Batman v Superman I don't see how someone could justify Civil War being an actually well made movie.

omg so much this!!!

Holy shit how analdevastated are you? BvS is shit but it's Citizan Kane compared to CW, deal with it and move on bro

>"ALFRED WE HAVE TO STOP SUPERMAN! HE BAD CAUSE HE KILLS PEOPLE!

>"THE BAT IS DEAD! STOP KILLING PEOPLE!"

Because simply put, Marvelets have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned them into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when they should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

It objectively is. Read If you then still don't understand how BvS is such a bad movie compared to Civil War you might wanna medically check if you're legitimately retarded.

>BvS is shit but it's Citizan Kane compared to CW

BvS fans are still stuck in that "Denial" stage of grief I see

Literally nobody in the world with an opinion worth shit believes this. Keep telling yourself that your movie is secretly good DCuck.
Delusion is also a solution

Are you really going to say that Civil War's tv-ish cinematography is better than Larry Fong's work in Batman v Superman?

You Marvel shills are the worst. Cant even have a real discussion about a movie unless it "No Marvel is perfect, DC sucks XD". Just go back to spamming evans memes until your ready to formulate a real opinion.

>objective

That is a 3 syllable word for any thought too big for little minds.

Your mind and judgement are warped, and you're out of touch.
Deal
with
it

impressive pasta

If this isn't a copypasta,

what do you think of Nolan's films?

>See Forbes article
>Expect a well-reasoned analysis of both movies and why Civil War is better
Meanwhile
>Marvel can do no wrong!
>Its okay when Marvel movies shoehorn in characters!
>I didn't understand BvS therefore its bad
>Muh mindless fun

Yes. BvS was an incoherent mess and utrer trash. If I gave a 4 year old a camcorder and told him to make a meaningful movie I'd probably end up with something more meaningful. No amount lf "lol 2deep5u xDD" changes that.
Nobody on this world can say how BvS is a good movie without saying "b-bu at least it's not Marvel!!!" while BvS might not even exist and people would still love Civil War.

Both were utterly shit.

It boggle that mind that so many of you tards can take these shitty flicks so seriously.

Seems like you're triggered by the truth, you might want to stop posting for a while and do other stuff before embarrassing yourself even more.

pretty much

It's a well reasoned analysis, your fanboy goggles are just blindnng you

baneposting is a numale reddit meme tho

>now that the dust has settled, which one was better?

Whichever one you enjoyed more.

Civil War for me. I've seen it twice. Didn't see BvS, no plans to.

I dislike most capeshit but I do find it funny that DC fanboys can actually defend and discuss a movie while acknowledging its problems, but Marvel fanboys spout images of Chris Evans and post Rotten Tomatoes numbers whenever someone criticizes Marvel/defends DC. Can these Marvel fanboys actually defend the movie without using memes?

There's nothing compelling about the adolescent creeds of Steve and Tony.

>Spiderman has more lines in CW than Superman in BvS

Holy shit is this true? How can you possibly fuck up that much?

Both were subpar movies.
BvS had plot issues and stuffing too much into one film.
CW had serious pacing issues and so many characters it lost focus of the story at times.

>warm and soothing but provisional embrace of escapism and ignorance
That's all capeshit

Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.

It takes just such dreamlike moral clarity to reprove the Nolan trilogy’s chaos.

Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?

The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence. Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.)

I don't know man...I think in a few more post I can really make one of these DC retards blow a gasket.
They seem to take their movies about two grown men running around in capes pretty seriously.

It's serious because their mom's have the same name.

There is nothing to defend about a genuinely good movie DCuck

Holy fuck Im watching a group of men call each other childish because of their favorite kids movie...I enjoy Capeshit to a degree. I can enjoy watching it, discuss it with people afterwards and probably never give it too much thought in the future. Because its a film aimed at kids to sell toys to kids...you dont actually think they make the $$ from tickets do you?

CW - 50's / 60's tier commercial garbage
BvS - Cape Kino

BvS is actual cinema. Clear winner.

He asked what you thought, not what the White man wrote.

>defend and discuss a movie while acknowledging its problems

Yet DC people attack critics on RT that point out DC flaws, and attack people on Sup Forums that point out flaws in Man of Steel and BvS.

That makes you and every DC fan a hypocrite based on your post.

Did it really? The focus was entirely on Cap, Tony, Bucky and Black Panther.
The other heroes were more of side characters and didn't really meddle too much with the plot?

You go to /x/, you don't get to have any opinion at all.

It is pasta but I didn't connect emotionally with any Nolan film, they're cold and compromise heart for his vision of realism.

On the other hand, I felt actual empathy for Snyder's characters. He's also much more skilled in telling a meaningful story onscreen, and knows how to use a wide array of filmmaker's tools to do this.
In short, his vision just comes off more sincere personally.

>CW - 50's / 60's tier commercial garbage
>BvS - Cape Kino
>BvS is actual cinema. Clear winner.

oh really? because civil war is destrying BvS on box office, critics and public

Thanks for your rational post, user. No sarcasm

No worries. Should be copypasta desu, this thread ain't leaving Sup Forums anytime soon