Sooooo....where's Oswell Whent?

Sooooo....where's Oswell Whent?

but can a swallow carry a cocounet?

he Whent away

He's right there sharpening his sword like in the books.

according to the wiki that's High Tower

but let's just say it is Ser Whent, the where is Hightower?

>where is Hightower
At the Polic Academy

High in the tower obviously

This fight scene is worse than the Sand Snake fights.

no

But it wasn't good.

Why does he only have armor on his torso? Why does his helmet look like it's made out of cardboard? Why does he have two swords?

underrated

>scene airs
>all the tryhard faggots screaming WHERE'S HIGHTOWER
>actor confirms he technically was hightower
>tryhard faggots seamlessly transition to screaming WHERE'S WHENT

If you literally couldn't tell the characters apart then neither character is actually important. Shut the fuck up.

This scene was simply atrocious.

They should have done something that looked more underhanded, like throwing sand in his eyes, catching him in a net, shooting him with a crossbow or have more of the knights attacking him with spears

literally who?

>If you literally couldn't tell the characters apart then neither character is actually important. Shut the fuck up.
There were 3 Kingsguard there. That's pretty important. 3 kingsguard defending Lyanna/the tower? Why? Obviously because they're defending Jon Targaryen.

Also, the fact that we can't instantly detect Ser Arthur Dayne is a fucking travesty.

Whent is the name of Dayne's second sword. Dawn and Whent

That's Hightower in the background.

He was supposed to warg into him and let Ned kill him.

Oswell IS the tower

>he still thinks R+L=J

>whent
>no bat helm
Yeah nah

>shooting him with a crossbow

God the tears if all 6 had pulled out fast loading crossbows and bolted them down where they stood while the KG rushed and killed 4 of them close quarters

>he doesn't believe in R+L=J

>That's pretty important

It has symbolic importance of the seven kingdoms rising up against the three-headed dragon. Boo-hoo that's been lost. The point is that the specific cunts doing the guarding really aren't important, as established by people being wrong about which one of them was missing.

Ser Arthur Dayne should have been instantly recognizable by anyone with any semblance of ASOIAF knowledge. The other two aren't as easily distinguishable, but there should've been 3.

Guys was if Lyanna got pregnant from Hodor when he was normal and when her Ned, Ben and her father found out they hit him so hard he had brain damage and took him as a servant?

yeah no

>and took him as a servant?
He was already a stable boy.

came here to post this

TELL ME ABOUT DAYNE?!
WHY IS HE OF THE NIGHT

>He was already a stable boy.
now his is a horse

screencap my post, im 89% its true

In the tower with Lyanna.

>yfw Jon is a Whent

We thought he was Whent because he's described in the book as being hunched over sharpening his sword when Ned arrives which is what amalgam Hightower/Whent was doing in the scene.

>He was a stable boy
She said see ya later boy :^)

It doesn't change my point: Both of them fight and die, making no appearance in the entire series other than that brief dream-sequence. They are both the definition of 'unimportant character' and it's silly to complain about one of them being cut.

Dayne I can see people being pissed about. If the main guy they fight was just some random-ass jobber or whatever. The other two, nah, sorry, I just don't care.

Oswell Whent? Oswell Whent went.

I get your point but it seems like such a meaningless change. I can understand more cutting characters like Victarion. The big problem George has with the series is all these extra characters and story lines popping up when he should have been consolidating stuff and working towards an ending. Now he's completely buried in extraneous world-building and will likely never finish the series. D&D if nothing else are at least working towards finishing the show and they know they have far too many characters for the audience to keep track of as it is. Consolidating story lines and minimizing the number of new faces people have to keep track of has some logic to it even if the results aren't always that great.

But I highly doubt it would break the bank for them to have one more stunt-extra on set for a one day shoot. The changes they made didn't feel like they were streamlining anything. If they were then why not just have the key players there (Ned, Howland Reed, and Arthur Dane) and ditch everything else? It felt like the just wanted to make the scene different from the books when it's one of the better segments in there, it's also short and self contained enough that it doesn't need any big editing.

>I get your point but it seems like such a meaningless change.

It more or less is, which is why I don't get complaining about it. I mean, suppose there'd only been two in the books, and there were three in the show. What difference would it make?