GOJIRA

>Godzilla Resurgence just a little over two months away

Who hyped? What hopes do you have for this latest instalment in the original Jap franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3WkxVHyzivg
youtube.com/watch?v=4SwBp7E3kMc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_mFVu514iic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw You will die in Godzilla's life time
>ywn see all the godzilla movies ever made

This looks like it's going to be the best Godzilla movie ever made. I'm pretty fucking hyped.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WkxVHyzivg

I'm excited. I'm hoping we get something as fresh as it looks. I don't really need a new "cool" Godzilla movie, I want something interesting. Millenium was all about doing something visually cool and now I think its time for something different.

With anno involved it will either be okay or terrible

Not expecting much, but I like the hype

I wonder what kind of bullshit twist or forced symbolism he's going to stuff into the movie?

Anno is probably the best choice for a modern Godzilla movie. He has experience and a lot of knowledge on tokusatsu and with Toho's budget, I don't think he can fuck it up.
It already looks terrific.

>That scene with Godzilla's enormous tail waving over the city
>That presence, that demonic facial expression

It's like I'm 8 again and Godzilla is actually scary and very real.

>Leave japkino to me

the japanese are going to be the artisan caretakers of practical effects.

There'll be a 10 minute monologue over footage of people looking confused in a theatre because deep.

no hype at all, i don't trust slopes regarding anything liveaction

>Nobody will ever do a Sup Forums stream of Godzirra films so we can drink and laugh together and have fun

Just kill me senpai

Have you guys seen other movies by Hideaki Anno?

Cutie Honey live action movie is pretty good, and it's full of action and lewd moments, just as what you'd expect from a Cutie Honey live action.

Not everything he does is EoE lol.

I'm so fucked up...

Isn't Godzilla a female?

He's King of the monsters and always referred to as a dude

hyped? for tiny arms? not really.

what the fuck

I already want to listen to the whole OST

Does anyone know if anyone has the isolated trailer music?

That music may have overhyped the trailer. I hope the final product matches up.

Best part about the trailer is that it literally reveals nothing about the movie

>the japanese are the parody caretakers of practical effects.
ftfy

Nah, Gamera 2 and 3 prove that they are

This is good. We know that it's taking a dramatic route and that Godzilla is at least initially viewed as antagonistic. There's also the possibility of it having a GOAT soundtrack. It had a certain attention-grabbing intensity that made me want to know more.

Post Posters posted by posters.

"no"
team gamera here

youtube.com/watch?v=4SwBp7E3kMc

cgi looks way worse than shin gojira

>not death kappa
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_mFVu514iic

>ants.jpg

>Godzilla Resurgence just a little over two months away
So? No plans for even a limited US release.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some kaijushit, but its going to be for-fucking-ever before I'm going to be able to watch this in acceptable quality with something better than fansubs. Kind of tempers any excitement, you know.

postan

It would really suck if godzilla can't get a limited run but that crappy AOT movie could

Minimalism done right

No. 'Zilla could reproduced on its own, but 'Zilla canonically was just a kaiju that was just called Godzilla due to the media.

Distribution in the US is fuckey because Legendary.

KaijuKino

Sometimes this place is alright

Did anyone else pick up on this?

It's the little things.

He's 100 stories tall, nothing little about him. Except those arms.

I think there is some company trying to get it in all states atm

>dat spinning shot of a tank shooting godzilla
MUH DICK!

Has Anno ever directed a live action movie before?

Cutie honey

That far away shot of him on the city where you see how fucking massive his tail is is great.

That music along with that 400ft long tail waggling make it very ominous.

Really user? That's the one thing I really don't like and haven't gotten used to about it. It just looks too weightless flailing around like that.

>asain actors

Into the trash.

I agree user. Anno is the hero we need

you're on Sup Forums. it isn't shocking or interesting that you're a racist.

We used to have them but you, me and a few other anons are the only people that would care now

not gonna lie ive watched this trailer like 20 times and i still get hyped every time i do

I'll tell you what's shocking.

No. They say it in the 98 US movie but then he was like asexual or something and reproduced without a mate? Or something stupid like that.

same here.

>That classic muppet face Godzilla roar
>That music
>That everything

that's fucking scary!

He worked on many live-action parody tokusatsu movies back in the Daicon Films days, he also acted as Ultraman in the Return of Ultraman.
He directed Love & Pop, Shiki-Jitsu and Cutie Honey, as well as some other short films.

People hyped by the way Godzilla looks makes me feel like I'm living in a bizarro universe.

Looks like shit.

It's the best Godzilla since the 90s Toho movies.
It looks weird but we still don't know what's going on. Also it isn't just Godzilla, this is SHIN Godzilla.

I've warmed up to it a lot, and want to see more before I judge it.

Not judging the quality of the film, who knows how that will turn out, but I think this Godzilla looks stupid and the opposite of menacing.

The super tiny eye is just too funny.

I've warmed up to it, but it's not one of bests, it's just not terrible

It's better than son if godzilla suit, but other showas and millennium are superior

The JSDF sequences look great, even has the classic tank lineup shot

I think the opposite, the face looks absolutely terrifying. The tiny, black eyes gives it a more beast-like appareance than before.
Anyway it is admittedly weird, but again we don't know what's going on in the movie, or why is Godzilla covered in that red secretion, but I think it looks definitely menacing as it is.

No I'm talking about the design, not the movie in general. At first I hated it, but like I said I'm warming up to it. But all we see are a few scenes of him just derping around in the trailer. I can't judge a godzilla until I see him smash a building and shoot nuclear fire.

I like how immobile he seems. Gives him a strange, ominous quality, like a walking monolith.

when does the evangelion show up

Yeah I love that too.
The scene where he gets bombarded by the JSDF and he's standing there as if nothing was happening. Bad Ass.

Don't care for it
Because
A. No US release
B. It'll take over a year for this to release on blu ray

Gojira has always looked kind of goofy so its more authentic, thats why people like it. The tiny eye thing is sort of from Evangelion, I like it. The fact they made him look like a THICK badass football playing lizard man in the American version is wrong

I've actually heard they haven't even announced a Blu Ray version and so far they only have a DVD release planned? I'm cautiously optimistic but even Toho is sort of acting like they don't have much hope for it.

I'm warming up to it but that's not saying much

I thiught the leaked photos made it look terrible. Not it's just not terrible

It's only better than Son of G to me, but the movie could redeem it

Why are his eyes so beady?

say that to my face you fucking cunt

>THICK badass football playing lizard man
literally the best version

Definetly top 7

>Why would a marine reptile have beady eyes

Cute

thx bb

Why is he so stationary in all of the scenes?

Literally looks like some prop. There's no life to him.

>There's no life to him.
Because he's so dead inside

seems like he's all burnt up and in pain, like it would hurt to move and crack his skin. We've only seen a few short scenes of him and hes mostly just standing around

>Skin like half-dried lava

Why am I so erect?

but why?

Are are there so many separate scenes of him just standing around doing jack shit in the middle of a city? Must have taken days for him to even get to some of this places considering the pace he moves.

These shots just come off as dumb as fuck to me. They don't make sense. Even when he's getting shot at by hundreds of tanks he's still moving like a snail.

Why is he burnt up? Supposedly he's the Godzilla that got blown up by the Oxygen Destroyer.

Why is he just standing around? Dunno i've seen as much of the movie as you. Its a little early to be complaining about it in my opinion. I sort of get the feeling he'll be using his tail a lot more than previous Godzillas, maybe thats why.

I'll bet there's a scene were after the military is boning him for 5 minutes straight, he stands motionless then his next form bursts from the crumbly burnt surface of himself and attacks. Like a molting insect

Bombing not boning

Wtf

That is one of the rumors and would be very Anno. If something like that happened i'd squeal like a little bitch

>Boning
I knew after Deadpool there would be pegging scenes forced into other movies but this is ridiculous