Pacific Rim 2 gets Jurassic World writer

It's over. Del Toro's ideas are completely out. This is gonna be a fucking disaster:
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/pacific-rim-2-enlists-jurassic-893215

the fact you're calling his JUST already has me convinced it will be the JP2 of movies.

better include some fucking dinos then

Why even continue production? If the creative mind isn't allowed to even be there, just stop.

makes sense, they're both kids movies

This can only be a good thing. Everything aside from the visuals in Pacific Rim was absolute trash.

This
the first one had a conclusive ending
I never wanted a sequel

This sequel will never happen in the near future

Pacific Rim will be one of those movies that will get a sequel in 20-30 years when the '10s nostalgia boom happens

>the first one had a conclusive ending
what ending ? that garbage the we got at the end with nothing to it ? Second movie should be about us going to them and fucking up their shit

so it'll be directed like shit AND devoid of any charm. is this just going straight to vod? please tell me no one from the original is coming back.

*absolute fun :^)

Reminder that the budget was also slashed in half, so it'll be a 80M movie that panders to the chinese audience.

>mfw based del Taco was kicked off his own pet project
>implying anyone else will ever put in a tenth of the blood sweat and guacamole that he did

pacific rim story was crap did they even have a writer ?

Del Toro is highly overrated. It's fucking big robots fighting big monsters. How hard can it be?

We dropped a fucking Jaeger Bomb on them, they died, rift closed, go home.

I'm really disappointed. I just wanted Guillermo do do the sequel, but now I have a sinking feeling that this one will have executive meddling inside and out.

Hi Legendary

I'm not part of the "turn your brain off" shit train but the first movie was fun, the story was terrible but it didn't matter.

It didn't matter because it didn't try to be more than it was. Unlike godzilla which was terrible.

Del Toro made a labour of love he dreamed of since childhood. That's the difference.

No, fuck him. The fucker keeps starting projects and then aborting them when shit gets interesting.

It's because his fault that we ended up getting those shitty Hobbit movies.

It's because of that that we never got to see (and probably never will) a At the Mountains of Madness movie.

It's because of him that now, even if this shit gets made, it will be an abomination of a film on the likes of the Garfield movie sequel.

Now he's supposedly working on another project that will also be aborted and turned into shit.

Don't forget Silent Hills.

silent hills wasnt del tacos fault, it was konami's for firing kojima.

brb killing myself

This

underrated post. The original made the majority of its money overseas, absolutely no reason to not pander to that stinky chinky $$$$

I was forgetting Silent Hills. Shit. The guy now has a death touch. Is he cursed or something? Crimson Peak was also quite shitty.

New Line / MGM
Tom Cruise
Legendary

Not one Del Toro's fault.

It's not like the first one made fuck-all sense, user.

The first one was literally the comfiest kaiju movie of the year.

>sense
It was a Kaiju vs. Mecha flick.

Just show me Cherno Alpha actually tearing shit up and I'll be sold.

It'll be all new Jaegers and Kaiju drifting.

Exactly my point. It's an age-old fucking trope going back to the Japanese Godzilla VS Whatever shit.

Why complain about lack of ideas now?

You know nothing, faggot, nothing!

exactly, Pans Laybrinth is high tier kino but recently del toro has been pumping out commercial trash.

No one is complaining about sense or lack of ideas though.

>It's over. Del Toro's ideas are completely out.

It's not a matter of lacking ideas or sense.
Without him at the helm it will be soulless.

You didn't grasp the first one did you?

I know this gets thrown around a lot, but it was SUPPOSED to be cheesy, generic and daft. That was the point.

Are you OP?

No, but that's not the issue. That OP cares enough about PR to post this, shows he grasped the point of the original.

He fears that no Del Toro means a PR2 that is just spectacle but no purpose.

The first Pacific Rim was pretty well made. The characters had chemistry, the script, while ridiculous, it was still very fun and took you back to the good times of Godzilla. It was the kind of movie that made you get excited and feel that charming feeling that you only got when you used to see awesome films for the first time as a child.

Those are the things that come from a good director that managed to put his hands on a script while making the movie. I don't think he had that much input on the story or script themselves but it does feel with the characters interactions and chemistry.

All of those things that are important to ANY movie (not just Kaiju vs Mechs movies) were completely missing from Jurassic World. Milf aunt was a good character, Chris Pratt was generic, the brothers were annoying as fuck, the "muh divorce" subplot was shitty and forgettable and overall it was pretty meh. Entertaining for sure, but it wasn't charming, for the lack of a better term.

3 years and im still fucking salty about cherno alpha. ill complain about this shit in every rimjob thread til i die.

cherno alpha died like a bitch when he should have went out like a beast. he had TESLA FISTS and FLAMETHROWER SHOULDERS.

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T HE BEAR HUG LEATHERBACK, ZAP HIM AND BURN HIS FACE OFF? BEAR HUG. THATS RUSSIAN, HOW'D THEY MISS SOMETHING SO OBVIOUS. FUCK.

I loved the first one.

I was happy enough with a new director, as long as del Toro was in charge. Now they just seem to be kicking him out.

Also how hard is this movie gonna pander to Chinese audiences? The last one did shit except in China.

Pacific Rim without GDT will be like Star Wars without GL: absolute souless trash.

I know, man. The fact it was giant robots wasn't what was good, it was Del Totoro's effort. It takes a very smart and well-versed Toku/mech fan to make it work in such a short amount of time, and he did. Pacific Rim is one of the best summer blockbusters in almost a decade imo, because it knew what it was and never strayed. Del Toro knew we wanted monsters and fights, and we got them in spades.

Well, at least we have the first movie.

>It's because his fault that we ended up getting those shitty Hobbit movies

He remained in the project for months despite it never moving forward, he even moved with his family to australia for the movie and after he quit he left his designs and all the preproduction work he had done almost for free for them to use however they liked. NOT his fault.

Also he's still attached to PR2 as a producer and it's unclear whether the new writer will work on the basis of the script already done by GdT and co. or will make his own thing, so don't jump into conclusions just yet.