Jodie Foster slams male filmmakers for relying on rape storylines for female characters

Agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4GMrG0cekw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Women get raped it's an ugly truth and it shouldn't be something that's untouchable in art, nothing should be untouchable in art.

When was the last time that even happened?

Lawrence got raped by the Turks.

Well, it's an old troupe, but it works depending on the storyline.

not necessarily but i agree that rape shouldn't be the go-to storyline for damaged female characters. it's cheap.

No, that's stupid
She's deserves to be raped after that

edward norton was raped in prison

Every season of Game of Thrones
Jessica Jones
The couple I can name off the top of my head.

Rape is pretty much in the same league of writing as slavery.
Its not a bad tool, but its overused and its put there in mainstream productions to get a tip of the hat from the cynic audience that gives them awards.

I suddenly feel like playing pinball.

Is it even a popular troupe? I really can't think of many in recent years, certainly not enough to make a big deal about it

>Jodie Foster hasn't been in a movie since 2013

/thread.

I think she quit acting
So she should keep her stupid comments in her pocket

>Jessica Jones

Widely praised by feminists.

actually yeah i agree with her 100%

rape happens in real life and it's important to not shy away from it in art, but so many movies and shows use it as a lazy, cheap or edgelord way to add "characterization" and it's just really cringeworthy

What the fuck is she talking about?

is it sexist? Fuck no.

is it overused? Yes sure.

She's a director now.

Jodie Foster was so pretty...

Rape can be a storyline if not overdone. To be honest, how many times is murder a storyline? A fuckton. Rape is the same level as murder really, if not better. Either complain about murder too or be quiet.

So basically tumblr favorites?

I'm trying to remember the last time anyone relied on a rape storyline, though given what some consider rape it's probably Batman or something stupid.

Last major complaining I remember was Game of Thrones, not sure what the outcry was for either, there were no graphic visuals and it was intended to make us dislike, even more than we already did, the perpetrator and was a pretty natural progression of the storyline. It's not like anyone was celebrating it. I dunno. I really wanted to fuck Jodie Foster back in the day though.

So I guess she doesn't care for that oscar she won for The Accused?

>Jodie Foster
>stupid
>has left the industry
Mel would release a pack of niggers on your ass for talking shit about his waifu

There's not a whole lot else to do with women. They're boring and have no hobbies and have done very few impressive things historically.

Real storylines about women would involve them looking at Instagram while at dinner.

>feminism has reached such a level of insanity that any depiction of a man exercising power over a woman needs to be banned

>Jodie Foster was so pretty...
>tfw when Prime-Jodie Foster fucked Prime-Kelly Mcgillis back in the 80s while filming The Accused...

>there are people who really think that
Jesus, is this really a film board?

Bitch is just angry because nobody wants to watch DUDE WALL STREET LMAO

Can we start making two versions of every movie? The real version and the heavily edited safe space one that lasts 40 minutes less
There are enough lesbians to make a small profit of the later

>Sup Forums has reached such a level of triggering that any criticism of a trope means that people want to ban it

jesus fucking christ do I hate women
that's why I always fuck them unapologetically hard and rough. it’s hard for beta males to realize that women want this. they’ve been taught otherwise their entire lives, so the first time they see it happen, they think something is wrong. but she is gushing wet

>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

hahahahahahahahaa

That's true of literally everything.

Underrated.

Feminists literally want to ban EVERYTHING. They're the most anti-fun people on the planet. And we can't just ignore them, they will attempt to destroy our civilization.

This bitch has to be put in her place, and every bitch after her.

So what happened to respecting creative freedom?

>Feminists literally want to ban EVERYTHING.
She never said anything about banning anything. She's telling writers not to be lazy.

Taxi Driver was her best movie and she was statutorily raped in that

ugh. can we not?

>Real storylines about Anonymous would involve them looking at BLACKED threads while at dinner.

Still mad about that one rape scene she had to do haha

She wasn't bitching when she was getting famous in Silence of the Lambs getting jizz thrown on her and women were getting skinned.

She basically is advocating it by calling a story premise 'lazy'. Shaming it off instead of doing the braver thing by admitting it is censorship

She sounds like she wants to get raped

It was her best movie and she was in it for like 20 mins lol

It is lazy though. If she had criticized Hollywood for churning out sequels and capeshit instead of original movies I'm assuming you'd have supported her instead of saying "why is she trying to ban things?"

She's not saying it should be untouchable. She's saying that it's a drastically overused origin/motivation/plotline for female characters in movies. It's not that we should censor the use of rape in character development, it's that we should get more creative and try to do something different than constantly rely on rape to develop female characters because it's a lazy fallback at this point.

I'll shoot Ronald Reagan in order to save her from being raped.

>acting out her rape with guys sucking her bare tits

was that the movie that fucked her up mentally?

You really don't get what the true intent is.

>did Jodie Foster write a good movie?

Fuck no. Not even fucking close. She's now telling male writers to write what she wants, because she's offended. What does speech considered "offensive" turn into? Censorship. This shit has been going on for decades.

Am i the only one that habitually fart-rapes women in elevators? Any time i find myself alone with a girl in an elevator I let out the biggest silent but deadly i can(most of my farts are silent for some reason). Then i try and time it so right as she smells it I turn my head a little and smile at her.

Surely i'm not the only one? Just seems like a natural thing to do, but never talked about it to anyone before.

>Every season of Game of Thrones

people get murdered in every season of Game of Thrones

people commit incest in every season of Game of Thrones

people get tortured in every season of Game of Thrones

but God forbid a cruel and unforgiving universe allow women to be raped!

>only screenwriters can criticize other screenwriters
Try not being so reactionary and actually read what she said.

wait didnt she make a movie with that excat plot?

Ha ha ok bro you're right. Women are right about everything you know! Why would we try to mansplain and oppress her? Gotta white knight every moment of every day or we won't get sex ever again!

>your cuck levels are off the fucking charts

>tell him to not be reactionary
>he goes full tard
Haha, memes.

>proving my point

>daenerys captured by brutal horde of slave drivers known for pillaging and raping
>the only fine ass silver haired white girl they laid eyes on
>this is one of the few times gang rape would make sense
>she's not raped

biggest letdown yet

>this fool thinks Silence of the Lambs was her shot at stardom
It was Taxi Driver.

If you don't rape women you are literally a cuck.

Haha yeah bro I can't believe anyone would doubt the words of a woman! They feel like emotions and stuff that men can't comprehend! You don't need reason, you just need to listen and believe!

And if there's something that they don't like, you need to be a good numale ally and take it away so those strong women can keep feeling those important good emotions and stuff!

Shit, you are immensely butthurt about all this.

>feminist boogeyman
It exists but it ain't Foster.

Number of female characters who have been raped in a movie: 94837689245493864

Number of male characters who have been raped in a movie: Ned Beatty in Deliverance, Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction

Haha bro we should all have a knee jerk response to everything, fuck thinking calmly, you are literally being cucked by Jamal in your cuckshed if you disagree, fucking cucks I swear are you kidding me you're a white male haha

>has-been tries to be relevant again.jpg

Cuck

>all these buzzwords
Do you talk like this to your friends as well?

I get your point but you forgot The Dawg Pound.

or whatever that move was called

A plot device cannot be 'lazy'.

Stopping it is simple infringement of freedom of speech.

Only cucks have friends

>""""storylines""""
No thanks

Yeah man feminists are so great for society. The marriage rate has dropped every fucking year but that's great because marriage is sooooo oppressive! We need to take more rights away from men and keep those vile rapists out of public life. Better yet, let's not even allowed to see rapist men in a movie! Better do what every woman feels because it has to be right and good for society!

Feminism is like sooooo good for society and stuff because girl power! Am I right strong ladies?!

>A plot device cannot be 'lazy'.
So you have no problem with M. Night Shyamafamalam making every movie from now on?

> She's telling writers not to be lazy.

I suspect she’s telling writers to write fantasy women who don’t exist in real life.

I thought Emily Blunt’s character in “Sicario” was a good example of a female character done right; she’s stronk and all but in the end, is overwhelmed by what she’s gone thru.

Nice how you're the one who took it from someone criticizing lazy writing to feminism destroying everything after being told to not act like a reactionary autist.

Now imagine if it was revealed that she'd been raped.
Would that have improved her character?

>Implying

Thelma and Louise

Haha women don't even NEED to write a better movie! They just need to tell those icky boys what they can do and think! Because they have like so much power!

She's telling us to be literal cucks.

You sound triggered. Are you a cuck?

He was a cuck

>caring what old lesbians have to say

the rape scripts just got 10 feet thicker
-Brazzers

For every 10 Shyamalans, if one can do it right, it is worth it.

>she’s stronk and all but in the end, is overwhelmed by what she’s gone thru.
What? She's 100% ineffectual and hand picked because she's dense as fuck, that's literally the whole point of the movie.

It's "overused" because it stirs people's emotions. If you'd read Poetics you'd fucking worship tropes rather than use their inclusion as a basis of criticism. Drama is about connecting with the widest possible base of people and stirring their emotions.

>Brazzers
*Blacked

>All these cucks talking bad about Jodie "The Nigger Grave Digger" Foster

youtube.com/watch?v=E4GMrG0cekw

DESIGNATED

If you like Jodie "I want to castrate all men" Foster, you're a numale who encourages well endowed males of African descent to impregnate young white women.

Kind of agree with her. It's a lazy plot device. At worse, it's tryhard edgy storytelling like Game of Thrones uses. At best, it's a cheap symapathy ploy and way to make a character complex. The female equivalent of giving a make character a dead wife.

It also inspires a bunch of shitty, inane pity pieces from women on Slate or whatever who've been raped who feel the need to praise/criticize the show or movie.

Why are there so many cucks on Sup Forums?

Define reactionary. Skimming the thread it seems like it's just a word you really like the sound of

t. cuck

Pretty much.

You can make a good female character without adding a rape aspect within her story.

Take Fargo for example.

>Jessica Jones
Adaptations are cheating.