MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM

Can Hollywood pull of a Mobile Suit Gundam movie franchise?

maybe

prob have to do the colonist vs earth (genetically modified vs pure blood)
a condensed version of seed (3 movies)

No. I say this as a 15 year fan of the franchise.

I hope Zack Snyder does it desu

I think you can simplify some of the stuff enough to make it work. They just got to correct the name and tone down the UNDERSTANDING.

Newtype, Oldtypes, Earth Federation opressions and Zeon is pretty fun stuff.

I think you meant J.J. Abrams desu

that was so epic
i was glad i could see that in person.

but simplifying it would be correct (i.e oldtypes-earth and newtypes-coordinators)
1st movie about an attack on a colony station
2nd movie the survivors going to earth
3rd movie figuring out that it was a third group trying to get the oldtype and newtype to kill each other. so enemies become friends to stop the true enemy.

they could but it was wouldn't really be gundam unless the director sacrificed profit for accuracy to themes of the series

so no

No I mean John Woo

fuck no

Hollywood can't do anything without making everything look bulky as hell.

If Ghost in the Shell succeeds critically and financially there will be an anime to film renaissance in the 2020s.

I bet you my entire Yugioh collection.

We will definitely see a Gundam film in the next decade.

>I bet you my entire Yugioh collection.
I bet it's all cosmos and nekroz, fucking pleb

>Tom Hiddleston as older Char Aznable
>Tom Holland as young Amuro
I'd fund it

More like Kuriboh and Blue eyes White dragon and 4 Dark Magician variants. The purple one, the blue one, the red one and the tombstone blue one.

Stay pleb

This is true but they'll have to pull an Iron Man. Shit doesn't even have to be even remotely similar to the original source it only needs to have a memorable character.

>he doesn't even have the banned from us print dark magician girl

which one of these actually worth something
i checked kuriboh and it costs 2 dollars at best

Once the capeshit bubble pops Marvel will stagnate after infinty war, come out with the New Avengers, do a Secret Invasion adaptation and fizzle out cause of a lack of ideas. Probably adapt a Secret Wars movie and call it quits.

And every other studio will try to secure anime rights to adapt into a mainstream film.

I used to buy Japanese starter backs cause there were cards unreleased in the US. 5 cards for $2.50.
I never got a banned Dark Magician Girl but I got a holo pararrelogram Tombstone dark Magician that was holo all over. The kids at school thought it was a sticker.

Old yugioh cards aren't worth anything because of a lack of popularity nowadays. If a live action movie comes out and is a critical success they'll sure to surge in value.

Cute tongue on that robot.

Idk why america doesnt like art

They would probably put someone like Michael Bay as director/producer, so no.

Hollywood movie studios don't care that much about anime, because it's foreign and pretty recent. Cape comics, however, have been part of usa culture for quite a bit, so there's an interest to try to adapt them.

The movies are so many and space far enough apart they can reboot the series in a few years with the All New Avengers.

You got me thinking. LGTSS

Ryan Gosling as Char Aznable
Tom Holland as Amuro Ray
Lily Rose Melody Depp as Sayla Mass
Kelvin Yu as Bright Noa
Brenda Song as Mirai Yashima
? as Frau Bow
Paul Dano as Kai Shiden

This.....

Any American Gundam movie will be dumbed down and INO. Fuck, I would not be shocked if they just buy the rights to Gundam Wing too, for source material, since its the only fucking Gundam Wing series that made it big in the US and then rape the source material.

Marvel lost traction with Ultron, and now it's in a fizzling out phase.
Civil War was a success only because of Spiderman, if Spiderman wasn't in it, it would've bombed.
Doctor Strange, Guardians 2, Ant Man 2, and Thor Ragnorak is going to oversaturate the market with C list charecters and by Infinty War hits no one wants to see capeshit anymore.

Most Americans have shit taste and have to formulate their opinions based off of other peoples opinions.

No. It would have to be animated to be the appropriate scale for the battle scenes

Gundam Wing wouldn't transition that well into film. The original Gundam could be easily dumbed down but Wing has a LOT of politics.

Is the movie gonna be 6 hours?

They wouldnt be able to do this justice either

Hasnt there been a live action Akira stuck in development hell for a long ass time? God that would fucking suck

They have the money but they'll end up a mockery on the level of G Gundam

I would love to see a live action Tequila Gundam desu

>Tequila Gundam
>that sombrero and cactus arms
>it'll never get pass the PC authorities

10 years too late

Most of those characters are uncastable. Also I don't want to hear a bunch of English speakers saying "fraulein" and "mein Kaiser" so it would have to be bilingual. I hope it never gets bastardized

>mfw they called him Spike Gundam in the american dub

They couldn't do it, the Gundam would come off looking shit and people wouldn't like it because RX-78-2 isn't sentient and it can't be muh optimus prime

Truth. Even that G-Saviour movie was so bad to sit through. Gundam tends to be too complicated to tell within a movie franchise without all of the background already being known. The Gundam movie trilogy isn't close to capturing what happened during the original series. Char's Counterattack only works because you have at least seen MSG, if not Zeta/ZZ building up to it. F-91 as a largely stand alone movie was a bit of a mess and that again relies on you knowing a bit of what's gone on over the years in the UC.

All those mothers that complained about "death" in some of the names after the Gundam Wing figures. "Hell" and "Devil" being censored early on because of the "death" complaints.

>F91 was supposed to be an entire series
>instead it's just one big mess of a movie
It still hurts.

Probably too risky. The kind of people who like giant robots are also the kind of people who complain loudly about everything not being perfect, and everyone else just wants quips and easy plots and an explosion every 7 minutes. Look what happened to Pacific Rim and it wasn't all that complicated and had no slant eyed source material to butcher.

With a cool dark bop/ jazz score and brutal space/ mobile suit deaths it could be stylistically cool. Condensing the one year war would be a good idea. Changing some character names is mega important because some of the original names border on retarded. Making sure the robots look and operate like real machines is also necessary.

The idea of the federation being totalitarian is interesting, especially if zeon is presented as also shitty. Newtypes are cool but would serve the story well as a big reveal.

pacific rim worked
transformers too before they milked it too hard

>Can Hollywood pull off
No.

It doesn't matter what you're asking about.

>wanting another one
>after the NTR'ing mess that was G-Saviour
granted, it was made by Canada but still.

Milkable sequels is where it's at nowdays.