Why are so many Americans retarded when it comes to knowledge of geography?

Why are so many Americans retarded when it comes to knowledge of geography?
It's easy as hell.

try me

Because Americans put everyone in the same schools. Unlike superior Germanic secundary education where dumb and smart kids go to different schools. So you can actually teach smart children something while the dummies are busy fixing cars.

that's a pretty retarded post, so we know which school you went to.

McFuckYeah slide me into some kraut school

The world revolves around America. That's all you need to know.

They didn't play enough Total War and Hearts of Iron.

Aced all geography quizzes in social studies 100% because of those games.

Which "geography" specifically? Do you think an average euro can find all their fucking tiny irrelevant countries on the map? No fucking way. So why should we care about them. Same with other continents. The average person probably knows a few countries close to his own and a few "important" countries around the world and that's it. It is just Sup Forums autistits have no better things to do so they are good at it.

how do you test this

name 3 countries

have you considered them simply being retarded in general? :^)

I'm an autist that browses Sup Forums constantly but I still can't find any Balkan country on a map

the only 3 letter I need to know are
U S and A

We used to have these, called grammar schools but they got rid of most of them

It used to be that 80%+ of people attending Oxford and Cambridge came from state run schools now the number is around 15% and most of that 15% come from the remaining grammar schools

Feelsbadman

we'll just see about that

fuck I forgot about sporcle, I'm gonna do american states, will post results

fffuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkk

Did you miss it because you forgot what it was or forgot how to spell it? Either way great job patty.

Because no one gives a shit about anywhere besides america and israel

I just forgot it

Haha Wtf I can only get 20

Tbh I think burgers get way too much shit for that. It's obvious they don't care that much for geography of a continent that is not their own.
If you tested average euro's knowledge of the map of Africa or told him to name the states of USA they probably wouldn't know shit either.
Wew lad. When and why did you learn this?

Just via osmosis over the years

We never had a worldwide colonial empire, so our knowledge of Geography is mostly limited to the general US

you're a smart guy

Man, I don't know.
Geography was the easiest A in my life.
Even got to do a geography bee against the honors kiddies who actually study that shit kek
Thought it was supposed to be something you wing at.

>how do you test this
I made my judgement based on some of my interactions with relatives and other people I interact with daily

>hey, have you heard of *insert major incident here* that happened in *insert country here*?
>"where's [country]"

Sure I understand this if I was talking about some African or tiny island country like Trinidad that nobody has heard of, but I had people do this to me to places that are much more relevant like Ukraine or Syria.

tb.h geography is not about memorizing countries on the map. i mean it may come as a side effect of working with the maps, but no geography class will actually make you memorize 30+ fucking countries on the map. unless, like you said, it is some sort of a contest.

Don't beat yourself up, you got all the good New England states. That's what really counts.

USA focuses a lot more in USA facts than world facts it seems
Like some people might think that the tallest mountain in the world is Mt Rashmire
It's kinda like a country that jerks himself off

No one thinks that. Mt Rushmore isn't tall, I don't think it even counts as a mountain.

bad example, but i saw that in a youtube video and thought it was pretty funny
If you asked your friends and family what the tallest mountain in the world is how many would answer correctly?

I would be surprised if any of them didn't know It's common knowledge as far as I'm aware.
Some of the retards I work with might not be able to point at Spain on their first try tho.