What a disappointing movie

What a disappointing movie

The father-daughter metaphor had no impact and the ending was just some ham-fisted life lesson of not running away. The character interactions were boring but that's just my opinion.

The last 10 minutes were just laughable. I expected more

What did you think?

lack of monster was disappointing

I'm not that salty about the aliens but the very end was so ham-fisted and forced

>father-daughter metaphor
What?

>What a disappointing movie
That's because it's a flick.

I have mixed feelings about it. I liked the bunker part but I was so let down by the ending, those aliens were awful. And I was so disappointed by the lack of Cloverfield monster. I was really hoping it would show up.

so that Megan girl was killed in the acid?

Original Megan is with her mother. Second Megan, just like Emmett.

But then the second Megan was I guess kidnapped and held captive right? All that would have happened before any alien attack.

>The father-daughter metaphor had no impact and the ending was just some ham-fisted life lesson of not running away.

he had kidnapped the girl he was claiming to be his daughter

2deep4ya pleb

Yeah, almost 2 years back. I really don't know if Howard really convinced the second Megan with the same history as Michelle, or if the girl had daddy issues and was at some point interested on him.

People don't actually th-think this is better than The Witch, r-right?

>the monster represented the mother's vagina
>Goodman represented the father authority

Wow well done

I really enjoyed it to be honest

Good cast, nice tension, zero blacks

>man kidnaps qt attractive female to a secluded secure bunker
>doesn't rape her

I can't fathom why they decided to take this specific script and change it to a Cloverfield film by throwing in a couple of aliens in the final ten minutes. Felt lazy as fuck.

>ham-fisted

ayo hold the fucking phone

What about the first bitch that he kidnapped and scratched help on the window? She would've been taken long before the ayys showed up. Explain

Cheap schlock/10

Honestly the best part was when they're playing word game. Genuinely tense and well shot, as well as revealing some character stuff without flat out saying it.

But yes, the rest of the movie is pretty disappointing.

MEW in panties is 10/10 though.

Yes, that's the point.

The first Megan was abducted and kept in his rape bunker before he killed and dunked her in acid. Whether or not he raped her or just did some sort of fetish daddy shit that's up to you to decide.

It could've been better if the whole bunker plot was only 20 minutes long. Because the trailer showed most of it anyway. Then the real movie starts with fuckin alien monster. I remember the mystery around the first movie that was nice.

Why are you stuttering when typing out text? Do you have fucking autism?

>The father-daughter metaphor had no impact
It was the entire source of conflict.

That amounted to nothing.

Agreed. I liked the movie overall actually. Would have preferred the movie ended with her escaping the bunker with her makeshift hazmat suit, has to walk miles to the nearest town still unsure if the world ended or if the air is poisonous, and then she get to a ton and everyone's fine and she just has a complete meltdown as everyone looks at her like she's crazy in her makeshift hazmat suit.

>ham-fisted
what did he mean by this?

Solid movie. Had potential but was weighed down by alien/cloverfield tie in crap

Had a couple of geniune tense moments like the bottle opener scene and the Goodman was great

>I was really hoping it would show up.
well that why they took a random bunker movie and rebranded it Cloverfield
and it worked

What do you mean? It forced the girl to work on getting out of the bunker, which was the entire story.