A literal perfect movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g6tR78d0cmA
kat.cr/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-1966-bdrip-1080p-t10451520.html
musicboxtheatre.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkeQkb8NMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i've only seen it once, but am I the only one who thought Mortimer wasn't fleshed out enough? or should i just rewatch it and look at him more closely?

Please learn what literal and perfect mean, because it is clear you do not.

tuco and blondie were given a lot more time to shine true. Also Mortimer was the character from "a few dollars more" played by the same actor. Lee Van Cleef plays Angel Eyes in GBU

Dat soundtrack.

I prefer For a Few Dollars More but everyone has an opinion.

That look in the El Indio's eyes made me feel sympathetic to the asshole.

I really appreciated his performance.
Did Gian Maria Volonte have a bigger career after this?

I feel like El Indio regrets what he did but numbs himself with drugs to try and forget.

Tgbatu was a prequel it took a rewatch or two for me to finally realize myself.

Blondie dresses more like how he appears in Fistful of Dollars as the film goes on.

Bridge scene.

Otherwise yes but it's still a 10/10 movie even thought it's not perfect.

Music coupled with his haunting gaze makes every scene he's in.

The war backdrop drags the film down.

>tfw you will never be as alpha as Eastwood

I like it more every time I rewatch it.

this as well. I wanted more angel eyes.

FAFDM is really great especially Indio

Meme movie

Threads like this die but capeshit lives on.

I'm watching Hang em High right now, because I liked the Booker T and the MG's version of the theme so much

Not really, the best part was the fact that Leone didn't play favorites and showed that both Confederates and Americans were good/bad in equal measure.

>you'll never see moventum pictorum like this ever again

feels bad man

youtube.com/watch?v=g6tR78d0cmA

>mfw that ending when they trick you into thinking Blondie was really gonna let Tuco stay like that

Can you imagine how fucking dark that would have been? That would be reaching Mad Max 1 levels of sadistic downer ending

Fuck yeah it is. Literally the greatest film of all time.

What's with the colors? Is this the original? My copy doesn't have that sepia or w/e filter

does it make it a better watch with those colors?

It's just recoloured screenshots

I personally wouldn't watch it in those colours, I liked the really bright but desaturated look

Apparently these are the colors that were supposed to be used for the film originally.

It looked pretty weird on the first watch, but I got used to it after that and now it looks really nice in my opinion.

It's not screenshots. The entire film of the copy I've got is like this.

perfect soundtrack too

Huh, didn't even know they released versions in that saturation

Is yours an original copy?

DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAH

I don't think it is. The torrent I downloaded it from said it was a Blu-Ray rip. I've never bought the Blu-Ray version of the movie, and I assumed that it'd look like this since my copy is a remastered version.

maybe I should redownload the movie and watch it again.

got link to that specific version with the saturation?

my copy cuts off the audio at the end for some reason

I'm glad they did it the way they did.
I would have been fucking crushed if Clint just fucking left tuco

Which True Grit was better: remake or original?

No worries. Here's the link:

kat.cr/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-1966-bdrip-1080p-t10451520.html

I don't remember if the audio starts playing in Russian, and if you have to change the audio channel to English in VLC, but I just used a program to delete the Russian audio track from the movie.

remake

Played at my local theater a few weeks ago. I'd never seen the Dollars Trilogy and marathoned the first two in 24 hours before watching the extended version of TGTBATU on the big screen. One of the best experiences I've had in a while movie wise. It's amazing how affecting those movies still are when nearly every aspect of them has been a part of the public consciousness since their release. I can also see why there weren't too many classic straight westerns post Ugly as there's no where you can really go with the genre after that.

Theres really not that many straight stories you can tell anymore anyways

Something like 40% of produced movies between 1950 and 1960 were westerns. Theres just so fucking many of them

How does a prequel act as such a good finale to a trilogy.

I disagree, there's a reason classics are classics. A simple story told well and with passion will always resonate, it's just that we seem to have forgotten that fact as cynicism has invaded popular culture. As far as Westerns go I knew there were a ridiculous abundance of them I just found it interesting that Ugly was so great and was such a good deconstruction that it effectively outshines the vast majority of the Westerns that came after it and probably contributed to the temporary death of the genre's popularity.

>prequel

When will this meme end.

None of the films relate to each other in any way. They are just a trilogy because they have the same director and main actor playing different versions of the same character.

I suggest you guys watch it in a movie theater. Best theater experience ever, desu.

How do you find theaters that show old movies?

>meme
>Chronologically before the other two films
>Clint gets his poncho at the end of the film

Totally not a prequel at all.

>It's just exactly the same but don't call it that!

Thanks autismo.

Go on movies.google.com and look at the theaters in your area with the least amount of capeshit.

>tfw my local indy theater will be playing 8 1/2 on Sunday and The Seventh Seal later this month
>tfw watching films on netflix and notice at the beginning that it's produced by my local indy theater's production company
musicboxtheatre.com/

Because his character goes through some sort of arc in every movie that is always forgotten in the next "sequel".

bump for more literally perfect movies

True. If he has 100k at the end of GBU then what's the point of the work for meager amounts in the other two movies?

>tfw you realize they're going to have many more adventures together for years to come after that moment

maybe something wrong with his adding?

did you guys cry when tuco died last year? ;_;

>Music Box Theatre
Fuck yeah, I went there to see Godzilla 1954 the weekend before the reboot premiered, it's such a cool looking place.

>reboot

There's no such thing as a reboot in the Godzilla universe, user.

I'm glad he lived to be nearly 100 years old

No he was 98, he led a good life

I cried tears of joy and celebrated his life but did not cry for his passing and wished him well

Definitely. It felt weird to watch The Room screening and Greg Sestero Disaster Artist book signing there though since the place looks like a church inside and had religious statues and other things. Strangely comfy desu.

Good reference, good ending.

Once Upon a Time in the West was better

thanks. kinda weird that the file isn't in english.

"For a few dollars more" were objectively better movie.

Watch this and try to say no. Just try

whoops forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ

>Effects
>Monatge
>Screenplay
>Music
>Story

It's good, but there's no way it's better than I mean really, you can't have a better finale than that.

>that single tear when he realizes this is the end

How does a psychopath gets so relatable

Why does Blondie always have a swisher in his mouth?

Came here to post that. FAFDM is wildly underrated. I don't legit know why people like The Good The Bad and The Ugly more.

a literal perfect movie. have u seen it?

I don't know, it is a cool scene but it does not make really that much sense. The bad would have kill him when he turns back, maybe he was afraid of Tuco?

Also Tuco would have checked the gun, I mean Blondie already conned him once. Maybe he is not that smart but still.

Imho second movie ending was a lot better and emotional

Because it's better, and is on a larger scale than FAFDM is.That's not to say FAFDM isn't incredible though, it is - it's just that The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is the greatest film of all time and nothing can beat that.

>I'm looking for the owner of that horse. He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar, and he's a pig!

The good the bad the weird was just as good imho

If you haven't seen it watch it amazing film and homage

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOND

Has there ever been a movie character that makes you both laugh and feel more than Tuco makes you laugh and feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkeQkb8NMo

Are there any other good westerns? Other than dollar series?

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is the best modern western by far.
Watch it and be amazed.

>not including the scene with blondie and tuco in the wagon

What were they thinking

john ford, john ford, and john ford. clint eastwood made some good ones too

FAFDM is the Partrician choice

I would have if I was the one that made the video. Makes the brothers scene even better.

Cowboy Vs Aliens

And the scene after that, when tuco talks the blondie. Was so amazing

The finale in fafdm is much better. There's far more emotion in the standoff because it wasn't about money.

The video uploader should have included it

Yeah, but when I watch a Western I'm not watching it for emotion, I'm watching it for its grand scale, and TGTBTU delivers on that.

Here's a link to a webm I made of the scene, because fuck that guy who made the video:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1463159190617.webm

>not including the part where Blondie gives him the swisher after Tuco tells him about his "meal"

You're obviously a pleb

by that logic, once upon a time in the west is the greatest of them all. fafdm has a better story for a western and, obviously, el indio.

>tfw

don't be a gayboy

4MB limit my man, not much I can do about that.

w-what is he trying to convey with that wordless acting?

>fafdm has a better story for a western and, obviously, el indio.

I agree, it does. I don't agree that OUATITW is the greatest though.

So what was the deal with El Indio? He was actually loving the girl? Or he simply found his conscience went depressed after she suicides? Was he suicidal too? Like giving a (small) chance to kill him to his enemies?

>all those nightmares and opium addiction scenes
Such a great character. He is the psychopathic bad guy but still more emotional than the others

i don't think it's the greatest, it's one of my least favourite from leone. user said he watches westerns for the grand scale, and in that dept ouatitw is #1

I felt that gtbatu had poor pacing and there was too much going on. They kept jumping around too much.

I'm the guy that said I watch Westerns for their grand scale. Why do you say that OUATITW is the best in that department instead of TGTBTU?

That he got that far and was fucked

This is true Kino

plots a lot more complex with a lot more elements (killers, land rights, railroads, long-delayed revenge, mistaken identity, love triangles, double-crosses and shoot-outs).

and it had a much bigger budget.

DI UNA GRANDISSIMA
PUTAHAAHAAAHAAH

A lot of problems with dubbing and too many poorly framed, shaky close-ups.

Nice try though, IMDB pleb.

>problems with dubbing
dont be a gayboy. who gives a shit

Holy shit, the dubbing was awful