Space niggers aside, what do you think of Cosmos? (the new and old season)

Space niggers aside, what do you think of Cosmos? (the new and old season)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2zsy5UkOlbo
youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk
youtube.com/watch?v=v8UU5oI5CKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's liberal propoganda.

tyson is a hack

sagan did it so good though

old one was amazing. sagan's voice and writing style work together to make these fantastically complicated concepts seem easy and approachable. Plus the 70s were a time when the idea of space travel was exciting and sexy, whereas today it's sterile and mathematical. it even ignited my interest in physics and motivated me to pursue a career in the field.

by the time the new one came out i was in my first year of grad school. now, i realize the show is not targeted at me, It's for a general science audience. Plus, i don't like NDT very much. he took on the roll of science educator a little too readily whereas sagan adopted it naturally, since he was such a good speaker. Tyson comes off as condescending and makes it feel like he is dumbing down the concepts for the audience. So that coupled with the fact that i know most of the topics quite well by the time i was in grad school it felt very condesceding and was quite boring.

Still enjoyed watching it every sunday, but there was something missing in the new series (beyond my personal grievances). Maybe it was the 70s charm, sagan's serene voice, not taking itself too seriously or somethign else entirely, but the new one just didn't live up.

Also the history stuff was ham-fisted and too agenda-ridden

1st episode of the new one was decent but he comes off as a 7th grade science teacher who tries to hard.

I really fucking hate this guy.

Well said, it reminds me of people who get dumb 'fun facts' from facebook, on science, politics, and history.

WE WUZ STARDUST N SHIT

Is there a new season coming?

*smacks atoms*
SO YOU BE SAYIN WE IZ PART OF SUM SORTA FUSION SQUAD

Top fucking kek

And /thread

BLACK HOLES MATTER

*laughter track*

It's boring as shit, he either gues through the good topics too fast or stays on the boring topics too long. That history art style they use looks bad and 90% of the history portions is just Tyson bashing religion

old Cosmos was comfy af

new Cosmos is pure fedora

Neil Cosmos was bland and overproduced

Sagan's Cosmos was unique, innovative and comfy as fuck to watch and listen to, after i had gone through the show i would sometimes put it on to gently fall asleep to his voice.

>liberal propoganda.

This.

It's another "fuck you white people" leftist shill show.

They always make it seem like one astronomer vs the church when it's closer to an astronomer backed by some rich guy who has a grudge with the current Pope ( or political leader) pushes the findings to basically spite the church.

>"fuck you white people" leftist shill show

Can you elaborate on that? Seems you've watched it

le god emperor vs le libcucks make america great again Ben Garrison™

>If you believe in god you are fucking stupid
Wow, can't I just watch a space doc without being told you are stupid if you believe in something.

They go out of their way to spotlight "scientists" because they're female / ethnic / immigrants / homosexual, rather than because they're actually good in their fields. It's another example of liberal "too many white males in the U.S. are in "X" field" agenda pushing.

Fuck them, the hack that hosts it, and their agenda.

Yes, yes. The church did nothing wrong. The sun revolves around the earth and there's nothing wrong with the church imprisoning people who say otherwise and burn their work.

Why does believing in God equate to easily hurt feelings?

I liked it, OP. It did what it was supposed to do.

Smart people liked it and felt inspired.

Stupid people got mad at it, and felt they were victims somehow.

>or political leader
>or

the Pope is a political leader senpai

>Smart people liked it

"Smart" people don't like being preached to, or having political agendas inserted into what are supposed to be "science" shows, and the new cosmos is guilty of both.

If you were actually "smart", you'd be able to figure that out yourself.

I wondered if I was imagining the scientician diversity quota, guess I'm not

>Believers get hurt if you call them an idiot
>Atheists get hurt if you make even a slight reference to a certain hat

Thought the old was pretty good, the new one with black science man is laughably bad though. True cvcktainment

>we're all basically the same

aw, that's sweet

>it was preachy and had political agendas

History and science aren't political agendas, user. You kinda sound like one of those flat earth youtube videos.

I know, everyone sucks

>""""science"""" show dedicates 15 minutes of pilot to bash catholic church

New one had great visuals and a great OST, but it didn't feel like anything special. Also the constant "RELIGION IS EVUL" shit gets old fast - even if you're an atheist.

The old Cosmos felt more like a guy trying to bask in how awesome everything is, this feels more like a common denominator educational program.

But again, the OST is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=2zsy5UkOlbo

It's alright. Neill is entertaining, dont understand the hate for him.

>things that make sense to me now must've made as much sense to the people back then

I don't know how stupid you people can be. You do realize that when most of the scientists came up with theories, they were as wild as could be? Most of them weren't demonstrated until decades or even centuries after they were proposed. And it's stupid to thin that the church was altogether evil and they were some martyrs, when history pretty much shows most of them were incredibly pushy dicks who thought they were right about everything and constantly wanted to shove that down everyone's throat.

This is literally no different than dismissing a guy today that would seem like complete pseudoscience to us.

Any GOAT space documentaries? I wanna see all that dark matter n shiet my men

Especially faggots like you.

Yeah, well, it takes one to know one

You can just imagine the production staff trying to find a "scientist" to match their profile for a show...

>"Here's one. Asian female..."
>>"Nope, did that last week."
>"Latino male?"
>>"We've already got one line up."
>"Hmmm....O.K.....ah, how about lesbian native American!"
>>"BOOK HER!"

>History and science aren't political agendas

Don't tell me, tell the leftists in the media.

user, when Galileo showed that the earth revolved around the sun, it wasn't a wild theory. He didn't just speculate on it and propose it off the cuff, he observed it carefully and thoroughly.

When he wrote his book on the subject, the same book that the Catholic church burned and banned, he made his case clearly and concisely and so thoroughly that it would have been absurd to have any other viewpoint.

Galileo WAS right that the earth revolves around the sun, and the church WAS evil to suppress his work and imprison him for it.

Pseudoscientific nuts like flat earthers don't get dismissed because they say unusual things, they get dismissed because they're demonstrably wrong, and even then none of them are imprisoned and have their work destroyed.

Your comparison of a real scientist like Galileo to some kook on the internet who thinks ayylmaos are using chemtrails to fake the moon landing is absurd.

I'm rubber you're glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

>History and science have a well known liberal bias

I guess that's why conservatives are so anti-science and into historical revisionism.

D-don't reply to me unless you have something meaningful to say

You have a beautiful ass.

thanks
you too

I would call you stupid but did that with way more class, so, please dude, think more before saying shit

>I guess that's why conservatives are so anti-science.

The meme that will never die...

Are you familiar with the large hadron collider and CERN over in Europe?

Did you know that their facility would have been dwarfed buy a facility that was being built in Texas during the Reagan and Bush administrations? I bet you didn't, did you?

Do you know why that facility never got finished? Because it was canceled during the Clinton administration while the democrats had the house and the senate.

Liberals HATE science, because it directly conflicts with their bullshit agenda about "muh gender and racial equality", among other things. That's why they ALWAYS defund science programs, like the Texas particle accelerator, to fund "gimme dat" programs to buy votes.

Don't believe me, though, listen to black science man say the same thing: youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk

There were 2 times where he covered female scientists. In the historical animations, he talked jabout how their discoveries were looked down upon because of their gender. It was a bit hamfisted, but it did actually happen, and is still an important part of scientific history. He did the exact same thing with white guys like Galileo and that bacteria guy who were also outcasts in their respective fields. I don't even remember any black scientists being covered, so stop being so triggered.

All the scientists he covered had huge impacts on their fields by the way, so it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

>CONSERVATIVES DON"T HATE SCIENCE LIBERALS DO
jesus christ, it's no wonder american politics is so polarized, you guys truly think in black and white

You know I kind of got sick of Cosmos, Tyson and shit they represent. They don't really make people any smarter or educated. What they do is create brain dead idiots who "fuckin love science" and bitch about religion AND philosophy being evil and useless. Lots of people also take point of series too literally ( or completely wrong) and start saying shit like "research should only be done on things we can prove" not realising how contradictorial that shit is.

That kind of "science" and world view is becoming more and more like a creepy cult and it is really cancerous. Those people don't realise how close they are to becoming the same medieval christians they criticize just with different retarded dogmas. It is really cancerous.

Sagan one was better tho.

>Liberals HATE science, because it directly conflicts with their bullshit agenda about "muh gender and racial equality", among other things.

Care to elaborate on that?

I think they are talking about the living scientists they have come talk on the show, not their historical coverage.

what about stephen hawking? he's legitemately good in his field and he's one of the most popular scientists as well

I think you're being a little too negative about this.

People are stupid. They latch onto anything that other people are latching onto and eventually when the mob is big enough, they start getting dogmatic. Whether it be religion, the newest super food, newest diet, social man-hunt or social justice, too many people together leads to idiocy.

So this month the fad is pop-science. is this really a bad thing? Public interest in science means more funding of research, more scholarships, more recognition for discoveries, more scrutiny of weak science and personally, more appreciation of the hard work that goes into it. So what if there is some mis-information and shitty journalism about science, at least it's getting people talking about it.

He's a nigger

To anyone who wants an interesting astronomy course without reddit niggers or Carl DUDE SPACE LMAO Sagan, I recommend TTC's Introduction to Astronomy. 50 hrs course from the very basics of physics to limits of non-academic knowledge, all with intelligent and charming host

There are no living scientists coming to talk on the show. The only ones on the show who talk or are mentioned are Tyson and historical figures. The show doesn't take place in a "now."

American politics are so "polarized" because leftists infiltrated the U.S. government, the media, and the entertainment industry, in the 60's, and the American people are too apathetic to do anything about it....

That's why we won't last, as a unified nation, for another 50 years.

>politics are polarized because THEY fucked it all up
jesus christ do you listen to yourself?

>That's why we won't last, as a unified nation, for another 50 years.
dad told me a long time ago america should've split at the civil war, and the longer i live the more i think he's right

I turned it off once he got to the cosmic calendar.

That was just so stupid and insulting I realized that the show was actually aimed at fucking retards.

Then I saw this. Look at this garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=v8UU5oI5CKs

What fucking stupidity. I don't care if I sounds HURR NO FUN ALLOWED the show was for idiots.

>why we

Sup Forumscat detected

lel, just lel. Take a breather, not everything is a fault of the evil lefties.

Do you hate CGI or something? The cosmic calendar was great.

You're right.

It's the fault of the apathetic pieces of shit that accommodate their bullshit.

The cosmic calendar was nonsense, dumbing down of the worst variety and I don't care if it was in the original show.

Another retarded attempt at America trying to be """"""""""""""""""educational""""""""""""""""""

The scientists here in Canada are much smarter, not fat, and aren't prone to being fake like you fat assess

DUDE

SCIENCE

LMAO

>a fucking leaf

How was it dumbing down? Please elaborate.

All that effort and this is what I remember that scene for.

NDT is an unbelievable cunt

Game of Thrones is even worse trash than Cosmos.

the fact that he thinks Game of Thrones is anything like Sopranos in any way makes me even more angry.

I enjoyed the new one. I don't care much about Tyson and little I know about him as a scientist or publicist. He's got a pleasant voice and personality and that's more than enough.

It was also very pleasant to watch and had a good moral. Good show.

Never saw the old one.

STOP WATCHING TV AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE WITH YOUR LIFE
YOU'RE A SCIENTIST NOT A CELERY

>In the year 415 of the Common Era, a mob led by Cyril of Alexandria raided and destroyed the greatest library of the ancient world. The library had been ransacked several times before then, but it was this attack that effectively ended research there.

>What will happen the next time the mob comes?

What did he mean by this?

>This is literally no different than dismissing a guy today that would seem like complete pseudoscience to us.

What? It's no where near the same thing, simply dismissing someone's theory isn't the same as burning him at the stake for his theory

>90% of the history portions is just Tyson bashing religion

True, but their was plenty of religion bashing in the old show as well

he said to elaborate not spew autistic maymays