So let me get this straight. Pretty much every god was real...

So let me get this straight. Pretty much every god was real, from Egypt to Greece and Mesopotamia all the way through the East with Buddhist methods of human ascension and Hindu spirits all the way back to the Aztecs and Native American deities. Even the ancient Chinese emperors who were revered as gods turned out to be aliens with godlike technology. But not Jesus.

Nope.

Not Muhammad either or Moses or Siddhartha or Abraham. They either didn’t exist or were so insignificant they didn’t have any effect on the show. Otherwise the Stargate expedition teams would have found some evidence or some mention of their names on other planets to verify their reality, but they never did.

The closest they got to Jesus was one little village on one measly planet who made Jesus into an afterthought to the Devil, who turned out to be an alien too. The Devil was real but jesus wasn’t.

That's the conclusion, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_births
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Goold?

SG1 was a very anti-theist show, and I imagine the writers/producers felt that addressing Abrahamic religious figures would be too on-the-nose and might turn away Christian viewers

It's the same problem with Neil Gaiman. He writes a book called "American Gods" and never mentions Jesus.

He said he tried to put Jesus in but he felt that Jesus was "too big." Or he just wanted to avoid controversy. Either way the book ended up being a statement about the irrelevancy of Jesus and so will the TV show, if it follows the same path, which it probably will.

The thing I don't understand is, the gate was in Egypt used by Ra to gather slaves.

The canon goes that the rebellion happened, the gate was buried and Goa'uld ships were slow enough for flying there to not be worth the effort until present day.

Now how in the fuck did the other religions and gods get on Earth and collect slaves? And what made them leave?

It's not a problem because obviously all the pagan gods are """real""" in the sense that they're just things with superpowers that live on the earth. But Jesus is a proper God who is above all that.

It's never explained as far as I know, the mythology/history of Stargate is a big steaming mess

The only thing the show actually says about Christianity / Islam is that their religious figures weren't aliens using advanced technology. And even then, it does so by not having them mentioned to be aliens.

So it could be the show is saying they were real or entirely made up. It doesn't really say one way or another, just that the Egyptian and Norse Gods were real, but they were actually aliens using advanced technology.

There is no conclusion.

I like this form of argument that doesn't even try to suggest that Jesus was a real person who visited Earth or could be improperly worshipped in a manner similar to pagan gods. Very progressive.

In one of the later printings Gaiman included the section he originally wrote about Jesus as an appendix, which I thought was rather funny and should have been kept in. It even had Jesus self-aware about how people made too big a deal of him, but alas, even for Gaiman he was still "too big."

I'm sorry but we have Thor and Merlin.

The real question is why did every planet look like the woods outside Vancouver?

Question, in one of the episodes they talk about going to Glastonbury Tor to search for technology.

At the End Landry says "I'll have the President inform the Prime Minister", but he says it in a really sly way with a grin on his face, was this supposed to mock a perceived dominance of the UK by America?

I only ask because Stargate never did anything like that before or after, well, maybe the IOA walking caricature begging America to save them when they were on the planet f the space locusts.

Same thing in Supernatural.

No Jesus, no Muhammad. there are references of some prophets ( Rod of Aaron -Moses' brother-, Horn of Joshua).

This.

I'd add this was to avoid pissing off members of religions that are still practiced.

The better question would be, why do the woods outside Vancouver look like dozens of alien planets?

Jesus was a man that found a cache of Goa'uld technology and performed "miracles" with them.

Stargate does mention though that the Ancients who built the Stargates helped to seed Wester Civilization. Their language is similar to Latin and Daniel connects them to Roman history. Furthermore the Arthurian legends were based on the ascended beings, with Merlin and Morgan being actual characters in the show. Merlin claimed he help establish civilization on Earth and other worlds long after the gate was buried.

If Jesus were real, wouldn't the Ancients have had some kind of knowledge about him? Wouldn't Merlin or Morgan have had anything to say?

every american medium ever that makes magic/supernatural shit real also makes Christianity/jesus into either a fraud or god into a faggot

Supernatural is written by Jews, Jews are so butthurt about Jesus that Israel doesn't use + to mark additions because it looks like a cross, the concept of God going away is literally the basis the Khabbalistic Frankism and Sabbateism.

>Jesus exists in Islam, Judaism, Rastafarianism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and many Pagan sects
>DUH THERE WASN'T EVEN A MAN THERE LOL

At some point the absence of their mention becomes very conspicuous.

>Jesus exists in Islam

He doesn't, Issah is not Jesus.

>Judaism
kek

>a dozen religions can't be wrong

Jesus existed and this is a fact.

they were probably trying to avoid butthurt by only including dead religions

Aren't the time periods spaced out too much to connect those dots?

[historic source needed]

Are you fucking retarded?

So enough time passed where Jesus became irrelevant?

he existed sure

he was born and he lived and then he was nailed to a cross and died

and that was the end of that

no evidence to suppose otherwise

>I don't believe this historical figure existed because a religion praises him as their God and people who believe in God are dumb!

Some people are just so fucking retarded.

He either fucked off back to his ship, died, or died and went to Heaven.

Ascended beings are usually caught up in their own devices and full of themselves, they probably just scoffed at the idea and went back to fucking things up.

have you even read the book? they mention jesus several times the only reason he doesn't get involved with the plot of the book it has nothing to do with him. gods in american gods get their power from the amount of believers and worship they get in the country so pagan gods in america are almost powerless and in perpetual poverty while american Jesus is mentioned as being like a celebrity very powerful and very rich he has no reason to join up with Wednesday.

are you ?

>Issah's mother is not a virgin
>Issah was not crucified
>Issah did not perform miracles
>Issah was just a prophet

Open the Coran before spouting bullshit straight from Vatican II

Holy fuck did you just get blown away.

That's embarassing

>historical figure

[historic source needed]

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
>68–173 While scholars have criticized Jesus scholarship for religious bias and lack of methodological soundness,[nb 7] with very few exceptions, such critics generally do support the historicity of Jesus, and reject the Christ myth theory that Jesus never existed.

it literally is in opposite view with the new testament and in agreement with the Jews that jesus wasn't the son of god and was crucified but didn't die

Of course they don't believe he's the son of god, they believe he existed and was a prophet.

that's a load of bullshit written by liberals, t. Muslim

the prophet and the christian Jesus are different persons

>the prophet and the christian Jesus are different persons

They believe his actions and power were different, but that's like saying Hitler didn't exist because one group thinks he was great and the other thinks he was a bit cheeky with the ovens.

>two characters live completely different lives
>but they are somehow the same person because their name is kinda close

Sean Connery and Sean Penn confirmed for the same person

Jesus was one alien 2000 years ago, he could've been completely irrelevant back then so nobody else gave a shit but his believers grew over that time, he dies in his own story anyway so why would he show up

Think about holocaust deniers, the actions are different but the person is still the same person.

except holocaust deniers don't deny Hitler was the chancellor of germany and leader of the third reich and led his country in WW2, they claim that the motives were different and that although concentration camps existed there are no proof of the systematic extermination of jews.

Yeah you're not very convincing. One group thinks he gassed Jews, the other thinks he didn't. Different actions. Your argument isn't that strong but I'd love to be proven wrong, I'm definitely not tied to this point of view.

the lives of Isa and Jesus are completely different, the only thing they have in common is the virgin conception, the performance of miracles and being crucified

the only thing holocaust deniers disagree with is the systematic extermination of jews

Neither jesus bit mohammed are real so it's irrelevant

That's actually a really good explanation.

Muhamad is probably an invention (there are no non muslim contemporary records of him, the first report being from the 13th century) but Jesus factually existed.

I'm not sure that's the only things they share, but it's not much of a distinction that there's one difference instead of three.

It's situations A B and C are different instead of just situation A. You aren't convincing me. Why would there be so many similarities otherwise? How common is a virginal birth?

I'm not the user you quoted, but you do realize that, as the one claiming two different historical figures are the same, you should be the one to prove it, right?

He wasn't mentioned in the first edition. If Jesus is mentioned in the version you read then it must be a later revised edition.

>How common is a virginal birth?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_births

To be honest, they had been driven out long before Jesus did his thing

>it's a "someone bad activated their Stargate and bad stuff is happening" episode
Why didn't they just "bury" the gate so a wormhole couldn't be established? Just put a big crate in the middle of the ring while there's nobody off-world, that's all it takes to stop it activating.

There's a lot of weird little plot holes in SG-1, but this one gets me the most.

Because curiosity.
They wanted to explore new worlds.

I already proved him wrong by posting this earlier. By the way I'm so confident in my being correct that I'm being shy and coy in my arguments on purpose. I don't need to try to win this argument. I'm just bored.

They addressed that very early in the show. They decided that burying the gate would be a mistake because the Goa'uld had space ships and would come for them (and did). They decided to use the gate to find allies and technology that would help them defend against the Goa'uld.

Thanks, and now eliminate everyone on that list who didn't preform miracles and was crucified. Maybe you should have realized at least those three criteria need to be present instead of just reading that one sentence and thinking you led me into a checkmate.

Don't bother arguing with christfags on Sup Forums. I guess they also believe that the arians worshipped a different Jesus because he wasn't exactly the same as their version of him.

literally everyone with any knowledge of christian and Islamic theology agrees that Jesus and Isa aren't the same, christians and muslims alike.

>literally everyone with any knowledge of christian and Islamic theology agrees that Jesus and Isa aren't the same, christians and muslims alike.

So you're saying the Wikipedia article is wrong?

yes I am

Well I trust Wikipedia more than I trust you user. Sorry.

Oh yeah, of course. I must have a real shitty memory, I forgot that entirely.

It's ok.

>trusting either Wikipedia or anons

The last two seasons of Stargate focused on the Ori - which were copies of Christianity... and oddly the Game of Thrones Red God... MARTIN YOU HACK.

>-
>...
>...

You're gay for using these to add conversational rhythm to your post

A big gay boy

What's wrong with ellipses...? wow...