1. Your country

1. Your country
2. Did your country play the American national anthem and other nice American songs after 9/11 happened?
3. Why or why not?

youtube.com/watch?v=xwrX-LN9-L0
youtube.com/watch?v=rmpo0csiIMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellow_Ribbon
washingtonpost.com/local/on-sept-11-a-tiny-canadian-town-opened-its-runways-and-heart-to-7000-stranded-travelers/2016/09/08/89d875da-75e5-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v0NoHN1TU5I
youtube.com/watch?v=nxWyAtA7-OY
youtu.be/ppAeMWFCqC8?t=293
youtube.com/watch?v=JGmvXGBBfjs
youtube.com/watch?v=S1J6TFHCevg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_93_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=NecoBo0BhEk
youtube.com/watch?v=85phxGUzMtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1.Sweden
2.No
3.Dunno

the Army football team went on the field with a French flag after the Paris attack

i was 2 years old at the time
i dont know

What would playing the US national anthem in another country do?

Nah we played the benny hill theme while they rolled on crying people and collapsing towers.
youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

>people who don't remember 9/11 are now old enough to drink and use Sup Forums

Why the fuck would we do that? You guys act like 9/11 was the end of the world and nothing was worse.

You guys killed way more innocent people in the wars that followed, destroying nations even.

Did they Walkover?

soon they'll be like 9/11? whats that? muslims are peaceful and european :D:D:D

>Caring about 9/11
>Being an Edgy European

There's the door, guys.

pls no, don't let europe die

Freshman in my high school were born after 9/11

1. Cunt
2. Why the fuck would we do that?
3. Just, why?

How was that edgy? That was just the reality.

I was born in 1996, I didn't know about 9/11 until 2003

As an act of solidarity. Does everything so simple need explaining to you?

1. Flag related

2. We let burgers land in our airspace when all the flights were grounded, so many burgers were stuck in Gander, NL that they had almost the population of the town staying there. Everyone was staying in people's houses and such.

3. Burgers are our friends.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellow_Ribbon
>washingtonpost.com/local/on-sept-11-a-tiny-canadian-town-opened-its-runways-and-heart-to-7000-stranded-travelers/2016/09/08/89d875da-75e5-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html

We still pay tribute to it m8. Even in my shitty small town we have a small ceremony

>i was born in 1996

Thats it. Im FINALLY leaving and never coming back.

why are canadians so nice

I know, i love them

Flag
No
Why?

>Why?

>solidarity
But why?

That's why you have a minute of silence, not playing the goddamn national anthem.

It's called being civilised.

You do both, no need to be angry and rude my friend

See

see

No you don't, the national anthem is for celebration.

When was the last time you played another country's national anthem for such a reason?

The paris attacks

See

You celebrated the attacks? For fuck sake, and you call us rude?

Does it only apply to France?

What about Belgium? Or Germany? What about Breivik's attack in Norway?

that wasn't implied at all

1. cunt
2. no
3. Because Korea is not America

The national anthem is a song played as a celebration

Why do you keep saying this, it's played at memorial services all the time

lol fuck no

a lot of us laughed and said its about time yous got slapped back

No it's not.
Then we have a single trumpeter and then a minute of silence. No national anthem.

UK
It was 9am and I was about to get a blowjob.
TV was at the end of the bed.
She was shit at blowjobs anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=v0NoHN1TU5I
youtube.com/watch?v=nxWyAtA7-OY

These two song were on the radio the whole time.
I don't remember to much anymore, but we had a minute of silence in school. Most of us were to young to really understand what has happened and I couldn't even understand why people would do this to others, which made me dislike the muslims for the first time, when they were showing interviews of survivors and people jumping from the windows.

but we love poland

>when they were showing interviews of survivors and people jumping from the windows.
youtu.be/ppAeMWFCqC8?t=293
;_;

I remember that video, not going to listen to it again. It's fucked up if you really think about what that guy must have been feeling and you basically hear him die.

>only Canada did/does anything notable
>All these other rude answers

kek

>Beamer tried to place a credit card call. With FBI agents listening in on their call, Beamer informed Jefferson that hijackers had taken over United 93, that one passenger had been killed, and mentioned the dead pilots. He also stated that two of the hijackers had knives, and that one appeared to have a bomb strapped around his waist. When the hijackers veered the plane sharply south, Beamer briefly panicked, exclaiming, "We're going down! We're going down!"[3][9][10]
>Following this, the passengers and flight crew decided to act.[3] According to accounts of cell phone conversations, Beamer, along with Mark Bingham, Tom Burnett, and Jeremy Glick formed a plan to take the plane back from the hijackers.[11] They were joined by other passengers in discussing their options and voting on a course of action, ultimately deciding to storm the cockpit and take over the plane.[3] Beamer told Jefferson that the group was planning to "jump on" the hijackers and fly the plane into the ground before the hijackers' plan could be followed through.[8][9] Beamer recited the Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalm with Jefferson, prompting others to join in. Beamer requested of Jefferson, "If I don't make it, please call my family and let them know how much I love them." After this, Jefferson heard muffled voices and Beamer clearly answering, "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll." These were Beamer's last words.[3][9][10]
>According to the 9/11 Commission Report, after the plane's voice data recorder was recovered, it revealed pounding and crashing sounds against the cockpit door and shouts and screams in English. "Let's get them!" a passenger cries. A hijacker shouts, "Allahu akbar!" ("God is great"). The plane crashed into an empty field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 580 miles an hour, killing everyone on board. The plane was twenty minutes of flying time away from its suspected target, the White House or the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C.

Why are so many people so rude?

There are a lot of stories like this that seem made up, but if it really went down like that, these people deserve a lot of respect.

Feels tune
youtube.com/watch?v=JGmvXGBBfjs

What I meant was this one girl from columbine that is portraied as some kind of modern martyr

Which girl? Is it the one that was supposedly asked if she believed in god or something like that?

Exactly that one. I can't recall her name.

Yeah I dunno about that one. I remember my Catholic grade school teacher mentioning her as a modern martyr but I think I might have read later that it was made up.

Translate Gerrard's angelic nonsense language of hope and despair.
youtube.com/watch?v=S1J6TFHCevg

Things like that shine a bad light on people who really act heroic, because often you can't be sure if the story is true or not. Anyways, those who are willing to sacrifice themselves for others do deserve some kind of honor.
There's a petition so that the trucker from poland gets one of the highest german honors because he probably safed the ass of a lot of people. At the moment 41 thousand people signed it, but it would probably be more if more people knew about it.

There was a movie made about that 9/11 story. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_93_(film)

>There's a petition so that the trucker from poland gets one of the highest german honors because he probably safed the ass of a lot of people.
That is great. I hope it happens.

In memory

youtube.com/watch?v=NecoBo0BhEk

1. Ireland
2. No
3. because we're not the US
He's right you know, You go on as though its the greatest tragedy since the holocaust.

Hello America

9/11 casualties: 3000
Iraqi civilians killed since 2003 when you started all the mess: 130.000

did your country play any nice Iraqi song after that?

bump

I hate it how american :"fooball moms" as they call them ,do things like that.
Making all those bullies out to be great people and heroic in the way they got murdered somehow.

But its always like that perhaps, the seond someone dies they were "bubbly" and had a "zest for life"

1. Netherlands
2. No
3. They haven't told me about that

I wish cancer would take me now

>All the flags downplaying the impotence of 9/11

It is the seminal event of the 21st century.

*importance

You have to be older than the 21st century to browse this website.

this would be a good new rule

He's a sandperson

Why are you asking this question to a bunch of 15 year olds?

No, we did takbir and played nasheed

why is there a french soldier here ???

t.frenchsoldier

AHHHHH
I JUST REALISED THE FREHSMAN IN MY HS WERE BORN IN LIKE 2003

Rachel Scott
Thank God the thot-patrol took her out.

I still remember the chuckles during live tv reports

and the heartwarming laughter when the 2nd tower fell

1. Sweden
2. I don't think they did
3. We were mostly shocked and appalled when we understood what happened and we are not US we are Sweden.

Myself i was fixing a computer at the hospital and in came a doctor saying we should see something that was on the TV.

So i saw planes flying into high rise buildings but i believed it was a hoax or something.

It wasn't until i came home after work and it was all over "Rapport" and "Aktuellt" ¨that i realised it actually happened.

I think most Swedes were really shocked by the events and some even belived wwiii had started.

No but we opened a bar Bin Laden/911-themed :)

this made me laugh

Im sure this is a proxy, but I love to think of a Saudi kid having a giggle to himself writing this out and uploading that (bloody good) image

anyway, goosebumps national anthem thread?

Ill start
youtube.com/watch?v=85phxGUzMtw

this isn't a proxy

Probably in the U.S. for some sort of Army school or a training exercise.

flag
ofc not, we sent our condolences and people even left flowers at the US embassy (which for Mexico is pretty damn unusual) but we don't play their anthem or patriotic songs, much less so close to our own independence day (sept 16 tho we celebrate on the 15)

i remember i was in class and nobody really cared because we had other things on our mind

130 ain't that bad.

You're right, we should play some of their songs to remember their dead by while they relocate to your cunt as refugees.

He'll we'll even use our Navy to get them there.

mashallah

why would you do that for a faked attack?

Cheers LeafBro

>tfw wanted to watch some cartoon.
>It's news about 9/11 again
Shit was literally on all tv channels

~3000 died on 9/11

~100000 died bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima

Still don't understand why we are so butt hurt about 9/11 when we fucked Japan so hard and considered it a victory

flag
probably not
we're not relevant enough to care.

too many kids in this threadder.
i feel old

what made you create this thread now in jan 2017?
so weird.

1. Argentina
2. No
3. Because FUCK YOU.

dude what
>it was in 1945
>it was a victory
>it was a war time act
>it saved the lives of atleast a million people by forcing the surrender without invation of the main island