Boba's Super Fun Show

You're now aware that there's an actual posibility that the Boba Fett standalone movie will reveal that the adult Boba Fett we meet in the middle trilogy is actually a woman

Not shitposting; not baiting; not even memeing about you "knowing this to be true". But you do, you know this has at some point been or will be considered. YOU DO.

Consider the fact that he's never seen unmasked in Empire or Jedi, as well as the precedent of a bounty hunter being able to pass as male using a voice changer and full-body armor.

Consider as well the fact that the EU (now "Legends") isn't canonical anymore. Even if they don't dare to just retcon the kid in the first film as "ambiguously" gendered, wouldn't it be even *better* for an origin story if somebody close to Fett at the beginning of his career, like a lover, an apprentice/associate or a mix of all three, could actually come to outperform this genetically perfect super soldier (with the great relationship drama opportunities this provides as Boba becomes bitter), and eventually outlive him (and take the Boba Fett mantle) in a dramatic twist third act ending just as Episode IV begins?

Consider, lastly, the trend stared by JJ (both in Star Trek and Star Wars) and other writers about basing the biggest twists and dramatic turns of the story on very pointed subversion of the audience's expectations based on the source materials... as well as the well-known U MAD FANBOY school of modern rebooting

Ok.

>the most incompetent bounty hunter in the galaxy is a woman
Sheesh

>it's not hard to understand, it's explained in episode 2 that Jango wanted one of the clones (of himself) for himself, with a regular growth rate, it's literally just Jango Fett, a MAN.

didn't mean to greentext

I still don't understand why people ever cared about Boba Fett.

cause he looks cool as fuck.

He made a deal with Vader and lived. Look at Lando there whining about how his deal wasn't fair, but Boba is right there beside him getting everything he wants. Why? Because he's just a badass evil guy, like Vader is, wearing a mask and shit, but with a jetpack and a gun and the galaxy all to himself.

Yeah, as I said up there (sorry, I typed "first film" instead of "second"), that approach would take a retcon; one pretty easy to defend, actually: just imagine the shitstorm at anybody pointing out something along the lines of "genetically pure clone means the result would be a man"

The second approach feels more feasible though

Agreed. Ever since I was a kid, all I thought of Fett was "he got beaten by a blind guy".

He literally does nothing cool in the entire original trilogy. He stands by Vader in Empire, then dies like a puss in Return.

Captain Phasma is Bobba Fett's daughter

>massive amounts of sexual tension between obsessed FemBoba and heartthrob Solo in early years spin-off as she chases him across the galaxy

You're theory makes no sense OP, but I could fuck with it.

more like booba fett then.

>Even if they don't dare to just retcon the kid in the first film as "ambiguously" gendered

But he's explicitly called a son. Though nothing would please the Tumblrcrowd more than a Star Wars film that paused for a few minutes so Boba Fett could explain his evolving gender identity to some mook

>just imagine the shitstorm at anybody pointing out something along the lines of "genetically pure clone means the result would be a man"
Nobody's that dumb. Well, some people are that dumb, but the shitstorm wouldn't go anywhere- even most morons can understand 'a clone is a copy of a person'.

Why do you think this? Some bullshit about how every Star Wars from now on will have a female lead just because the 2 newest ones have female leads?

Is Han Solo going to be be revealed to be a woman in his spinoff movie? How about Obi Wan?

You're a paranoid fuck.

>bounty hunter passing as male
Where?

Oh right, Leia.

Anyway, I dunno. Doesn't he already fill the diversity quota by being Maori? The cloner dude said Jango wanted a completely unmodified clone.
>Fett demanded only one thing - an unaltered clone for himself. Curious isn't it?
>Pure genetic replication
Gender bending would be altering.

Threadly reminder that EU Boba Fett was a moralfag kissless virgin who hated Han for trafficking illegal drugs and opposing the lawful government. Fett worked as a bounty hunter in order to earn enough money to afford an expensive bacta therapy for his bad knees.
Disney better not change this.

it would make sense considering how he did nothing and then died like a bitch.

If they did, I'd counter as follows:
>someone is born Trans, they do not become Trans, else you could "raise" someone to be cis, and that's problematic.
>Jango Fett was a cis male.
>As an unmodified copy, Boba is also a cis male
>For Boba to be female, he must either not be an identical clone, and thus a retcon of what is stated in a canon source, or being Trans is not genetic.

>saying that a perfect genetic clone has the same gender, and doesn't form it's own clonekin gender identity

Fett is not evil. He is an amoral man doing a job just like his "dad" was.

Jabba wants Solo and he's paying a good bounty? Vader has him?

No questions asked--he wants the money.

>form its own clonekin identity
So being Trans is a choice? Then how can you "always" have been Trans?

Ah, but the logic goes that they were always trans, they just didn't know they were. All these people suddenly discover all their deep and meaningful true selves, coincidentally between the ages of ~13-19 during the most hormonal years of physical development.

Honestly, fags and trans people would have a much easier time if they'd drop the pure 'born this way' attitude and accept that both nature and nurture play a role in sexual identity.

I'm perfectly fine accepting that gay people are born gay, or at least the issue is decided long before sexual maturity, and thus is not a choice for them.

I'm also fine with accepting trans people who say they have always been that way. I don't understand it very well, but I'm willing to accept it.

What I don't accept are people who make up these new identities for themselves out of confusion and a desire for attention and claim they're oppressed. I can conceive of ways in which genetics and hormones can make you feel like you should be a different gender. But nobody is a wolf, or a demon, or an airplane.

Mental illness isn't exactly the right word for it, but it's some kind of displacement; I've wanted to be other things in my life, these people just get fixated on one and constantly obsess.

And I'm not saying that it's necessarily a choice, just that (through talking with LGBTBBQ people) I have never heard one say that "so-and-so influenced me when I was younger and made me think about sex with the same gender." Go onto /d/, /gif/, /hc/, /aco/ or any other fetish board on this site, and they'll happily recount the stories of babysitters, visiting cousins, or VHS tapes that got stuck on a frame of a woman's foot. But you never get that from the alphabet soup crowd- it's always that they came out of the womb singing show tunes.

But actually on topic, if they were going to do something with Boba Fett they'd make him asexual. There's a very noisy asexual community out there who would do millions of dollars worth of advertising if you threw them a bone, and it fits with the character (namely that he doesn't appear to have any connection with anyone, and that his clonefather may also have been an asexual who still wanted a child).