Shitty Local Filmmakers

Hey Sup Forums, my friends and I follow terrible filmmakers in our area, and we want to find more. We live in a state with essentially NO film industry at all and we're able to find a good amount of terrible shit, so we can't even imagine how much garbage is out there, that we just don't know of yet. So if you know any local filmmakers of poor quality, please post them!

youtube.com/watch?v=rfB7rirXxCc

For instance, this guy in our area has a YouTube channel he is proud of, with a particular series called "Bike Cops of Haycraft City". Basically imagine if a kid started making hokey home movies when he was young, but kept doing that into adulthood, just to impress family members. It's not exactly comedic genius, but it's really interesting to see someone put so much effort into what amounts to shitty class projects that are somehow so bland its spectacular.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m68RAK0aNto
youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia
youtu.be/K-XIm_r6EQs
youtu.be/KUSJe8F8vLg
vimeo.com/85003318
vimeo.com/114716489
vimeo.com/121396411
youtube.com/watch?v=6nIjrT7HEpo
youtube.com/watch?v=ORbuHf-gek8
youtube.com/watch?v=5oPOm8E3b_I
youtube.com/watch?v=nKDFBpmnUog
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This might be the worst thing he ever made. Its a wonder how you can have audio this poor.

youtube.com/watch?v=m68RAK0aNto

>West Virginia

No wonder.

youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia

...do you have any others?

Well, I'm shaping up to be a bad filmmaker, if that counts.

youtu.be/K-XIm_r6EQs
youtu.be/KUSJe8F8vLg

And this summer I'm gonna be doing an 80's style sci-fi crime movie in the vein of Escape From New York and The Warriors. I'm hype, even though I have no clue how I'm gonna pull it off and make it look good.

Being a filthy genre slut helps, I guess.

Someone in my high school made this and got into a film school with it...
vimeo.com/85003318

giving your ass a free bump.

>alarm clock
Shut it off right then. How do you not know how cliche that is?

How do these people dress up like the great gatsby and drive that shitty Woodstock van without getting bullied into oblivion

They were actually pretty popular. Though it was an art school. After watching her other films, she's obviously gotten worse.
vimeo.com/114716489
vimeo.com/121396411

HAHA HOLY SHIT
I was friends with the guy on the right at the beginning in high school. Good fucking christ. He was a cool guy but he was one of those big theater fags and thought he could rap. Holy shit. What a time to be alive.

>NOT MY HAM AND DICKY SANDWICH
i don't think i've ever laughed so hard how could you fucking write such a piece of shit

>tfw thicc lesbian latin@ won't curl your pubes while you are overcome with overwhelming estro-fear

Also, just realized, what's up fellow WV bro?

We actually went to see the movie premiere last summer, surprisingly it got a crowd of over 100 people somehow. Unfortunately the final cut cost $1160 but it was the youtube cut with a little bit added on to the end. Definitely not 90 minutes long. I hope you cared about the water crisis a lot because there was like a million videos about that shit.

On a different note, do you know ANY local filmmakers in your neck of the woods in WV? I'm in the Charleston area and I only know of a few worth talking about, this guy and also a dude named Rami Time (I think his youtube is "Timepsyc". He makes some of the worst content I have ever seen, and on top of that the guy is a total asshole; I went to a film festival he put a video into and he publicly whined like a bitch when he didn't win

youtube.com/watch?v=6nIjrT7HEpo

The devil in red would probably be better suited as a silent film

Well you made a silent film, for class obviously. And a noir short, also for class I'm guessing.

Student films always suck. Fact. The odd duckling shines through but usually most end up being garbage.

But learn from your mistakes/flaws and improve. You mentioned in the FMG that you made a 40 page screenplay. Right on. Only worry is churring out so many pages in such short time.

And I know it's you cause you keep posting the FMG. Thank you for that.

Well, that sounds about right. West Virginians really get their rocks off to anything that gets them in the national news.
Can't say I know of any. My brother and cousin actually used to make some truly awful stuff back in the day but there's no way I'm posting those here because I'm in some of them.
I need to start going to film stuff around here. I'm always apprehensive about that stuff because I fucking hate most of the pretentious assholes who do that kind of stuff.

>Hour and a half long
WHY? Also could they possibly have mastered the audio worse? I don't think there is a single music track that is longer than a literal five-second loop.

Oh absolutely dude, there's nothing but fucking assholes around here when it comes to film. Every fucking person here thinks they're so special because they filmed a 10 minute horror film where somebody gets buried alive or some shitty twist like that. My friends and I run our own film company, so we've been slowly getting into the "scene" and holy shit it is not pretty. It also is double bad because we do comedy and that gets an immediate scoff from all these dickheads too, even though we're the only ones around with any decent production quality (not to brag or anything but it's fuckin true)

Good christ. Seems like WV's only good for country shit and pretentious garbage.
Care to post your stuff? Seems interesting.

youtube.com/user/unclefunkbox

It's not high art or anything but I hope you'll enjoy it anyways! I think we're actually gonna start doing some crazier videos, as in going to places and messing with people. We have a public interview series and that's been some of the most satisfying things we've worked on, so we want to incorporate that style a little more. If you've got anything, whether it be film or even music or something, please post it! I'd love to check it out

youtube.com/watch?v=ORbuHf-gek8
They were pretty big in my town, they made videos in the native reserve nearby. In Quebec

Fingerbangers is pure kino t bh.
I make music but am too poor for equipment so I haven't recorded any.
I also write poetry but it's woefully edgy
You mind if I hit you up sometime my man? You seem pretty chill.

Sure thing man! You can just hit me up through the email on our channel!

...I actually kinda like this. Of course half of it might be that I am clueless about Canadian history.

I must admit, ankh chain + top hat + rat tail is probably not the best combo.

youtube.com/watch?v=5oPOm8E3b_I

While I don't know of any awful filmmakers in my area (Sydney), I will be making my own film review channel and comedy sketch channel on YouTube in a couple of months with no prior experience to shooting videos or recording audio. I'm sure it will be awful.

I don't think I mentioned a screenplay (and if I did it sure as hell wasn't 40 pages) but thanks man.

Yeah, either that or add in the standard noir voiceover like I was originally planning (would have taken up too much time, didn't wanna bother)

I was greatly amused, in a good way, by the second one.

i agree with this user

i'm pretty bad, everything i touch turns to shit

youtube.com/watch?v=nKDFBpmnUog