youtube.com/watch?v=ghgiw-xU-gs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"General" to attract the tourists
>"waifus" to attract the bottom feeders
>"Naomi" to attract the pedophiles
What a clusterfuck.

>Episode opens with the bald guy getting a haircut from another bald guy
>They still use scissors in the 24th century instead of lasers or whatever

Seven in Starfleet uniform is best Seven and top waifu.

I'm about to watch "Remember", 3x06 from VOY.
Hot Cocoa's brewing, just turned the AC on.
Let the comfy commence.

Was this the pinnacle of Voyager?

>They still use scissors instead of lasers
1) Why waste power when you don't have to?
2) Maybe Mott just likes to do it old-style.
3) Wouldn't barber lasers make the whole place smell like burning hair?

I love that episode.

Btw I talked to Commander Riker about this and he agrees with me 100%

this

>how do i create a thread without having anything to say?
>i know, i'll make a general

Agreed.

7 looks better in a uniform. T'Pol looks better in a uniform. Troi looks better in a uniform. Everybody looks better and more professional when they wear a standard-issue Starfleet uniform.

This is now an Enterprise thread.

Discuss why the Xindi thought it was a good idea to warn Earth that they were coming.

Discuss why the Xindi never blew up Enterprise whenever they overpowered it.

Vote on which theme song should have been used instead.

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
strawpoll.me/10177623
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW VOTE NOW

Welparino, this thread is already shaping up to be a great thread despite you negative Nellies and your pooh-poohing.

After this thread has blossomed into a legendary thread full of epic content, as it's on course to right now, will you apologize? Will you take back your unnecessary and incorrect criticism? Or do you not have the guts.

Mott knows Picard likes his head tickled.

The traditional barber experience is what people come to Mott's place for, and the banter. You could probably find a way to get the transporter to cut your hair but I guess the ritual of sitting in the chair and realizing how ugly you are while a stranger cuts away bits of your body is something that humans haven't outgrown by the 24th century.

Remember the 10 million.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7v7CNNiLA

Do Bolians grow facial hair? Because I'm not sure I'd take a straight razor shave from a man who doesn't know the ins and outs.

Bryan Fuller (Empok Nor, Living Witness, Mortal Coil, Course: Oblivion, Bride of Chaotica and more)

Nicholas Meyer (Star Trek II, Star Trek IV, Star Trek VI)

Alex Kurtzman in TV mode, not movie mode (Hercules and Xena)

Rod "My father was an asshole" Roddenberry

Prime Universe

Where were you when Star Trek 2017 was our last, best hope for peace?

What keeps hordes of disenfranchised and impoverished aliens from moving from all over the galaxy and taking refuge on Earth? Do they screen all incoming people? Why isn't Earth overrun with aliens?

Do you think the Federation would deport them? They seem pretty welcoming. Why would you stay on Bajor when you can hop a ship and mooch off Earth?

Fuck. Off. Poltard.

On a more jovial note about the upcoming new series,
>We don’t have many details on the greater narrative behind the series, but recent rumors tell us that CBS may be setting the show directly before The Next Generation on the Star Trek timeline. Additionally, a report from BirthDeathMovies claims that it will “not be set on an Enterprise ship,” citing a “heavily serialized” series structure. It’s an interesting break from the norm, and should go a long way toward setting the rebooted series apart from its predecessors.

Discuss your hopes and fears. (Seriously, poltards. LEAVE).

this actually makes a lot of sense.
who the fuck would stay on some of these shithole outer worlds?

natasha even mentions this.

there was already a general that hit bump limit

About halfway through DS9 right now and I gotta say: This blows TNG out of the fucking water.

Also finally watched all the movies and can properly rank them now:

1. Wrath of Khan
2. The Voyage Home
3. The Undiscovered Country
4. Star Trek 2009
5. First Contact
6. Search for Spock
7. The Motion Picture
8. Into Darkness
9. The Final Frontier
10. Nemesis
11. Insurrection
12. Generations

The final 3 can probably be jumbled around depending on how I'm feeling that day. Either way they will always be at the bottom

The Federation is supposed to represent society at its best, where all the greater problems that face us today have been done away with. That means Sup Forumstards probably don't exist.

A lot of Federation worlds have their shit together in a similar way to Earth. No reason to go "mooch off earth" when your people's shit is as together as the human's.

There were Bajoran refugees from the war, but a lot of people on Bajor wanted to help rebuild. Ensign Ro is a pretty big indication that immediate post-occupation Bajorans weren't ready.

Guys I've always been interested in Star Trek but never watched them. Where should I start?

nemesis and into darkness should be 12 + 13 respectively

in fact, into darkness doesn't even deserve to be on the fucking list

I will admit this: I havent see either of the two new films since I started to actually watch the series. But i do definitely know that 2009 is way way way way better than the mess that was Into Darkness

From the start pleb. No skipping the animated series either.

I have chosen to just assume it's going to the best Trek ever, despite all evidence to the contrary. I will probably continue to insist this to be the case even after it has been released, cancelled and forgotten.

I don't have a choice any more. Gone are the days when I could fall back on my old VHS tapes of TOS/TNG/DS9 if Voyager or Enterprise was getting too shitty. I've seen it all literally dozens of times at this point, even old favourites like Darmok have lost their lustre.

I need more Trek and I don't care how bad, or even antithetical to whatever I liked about Trek in the first place it is. Just give it to me now.

>Generations behind Nemesis and Insurrection
I disagree. I would put The Final Frontier further down the list and bump Generations up to The Final Frontier's spot.

Honestly, honkey, just watch all of it. Look at episode descriptions and pick one that looks cool. I would recommend TOS, but that seems to be a polarizing opinion.

>Into Darkness at 8
>Into Darkness even listed

D A I L Y R E M I N D E R

animated series is actually really good.

like the marquis worlds had their shit together?
everyones dumb as shit.

That's why I told him not to skip it.

the maquis had their shit together until they were subjected to constant raids by cardassian forces with no backup from the federation

Those worlds had their shit together until they lost their worlds to the cardies after the treaty was signed.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

The hardest part of starting with TOS if you aren't already familiar with it is that the show was so influential that a great deal of it has become cliché by now.

they were breaking the rules janeway should have dragged them back to the federation.

Where have you been?

That was her mission. Remember, Janeway didn't go batfuck crazy for a few episodes.

And, in a sense, the Maquis were all dragged back to the federation, since they were forced to serve on a Starfleet vessel as Starfleet crew.

are you doing a full voyager rewatch atm?
rewatching that one specifically?

youtube.com/watch?v=ghgiw-xU-gs

that was one crew, the maquis were an entire separatist movement weren't they?

or at least they were. IIRC they were all slaughtered when the cardassian empire joined the dominion

Was it just me or did VOY have like 3 "The Measure of a Man" equivalent episodes?

Did the writers keep forgetting that they'd already established robots can have rights?

Yeah, but by simple virtue of being too far away from the Dominion war, Janeway brought the entire Maquis that was left, anyway to heel.

they had to justify the only non ethnic/female characters existence with this.

>Guys I've always been interested in Star Trek but never watched them. Where should I start?
From the beginning.

Ah, but holograms are another story entirely. They're more software than androids are.

Were all robots granted rights, or just Data? I forget.

everything was granted rights.
its illegal to even eat.

>Were all robots granted rights, or just Data?
I think they might have sidestepped that since there weren't really any other sentient androids as far as they knew.

It makes sense to have ONE Measure of a Man episode specifically for the doctor, since he had to demonstrate that he'd grown beyond his original parameters, but I have this vague recollection that later episodes had the crew treating him like a program again.

Checking people's groins before they go into the bathroom at Target.
Full time job, I tell you.

replicated combat rations are people too, man

Anything that reached sentience similar to data. Those war robots in 'Prototype' I think were treated like people even though they were clearly less advanced but still showed similarities to data even though they were slaves to there original directives.

if they are all based on zimmerman. and zimmerman made them. do they deserve it?

ugly tit hag

Some stupid shit right there.

Starfleet really can't create a better, more efficient program for menial labor?

Within the Federation, most people are focusing on improving themselves which entails helping to build a functional society out of a backwater. Not everyone would be game for this certainly, but in the case of places like Bajor especially, there are cultural ties which would be more more likely to sway than an easy life with replicator food.

The modern state of Israel is a good example. It is a war-torn and violent region, living their has risk and hardship, but many people are culturally bonded to the idea of living in Jerusalem and are interested in building it up from nothing more than fleeing to America for a more secure life.

Tell me this, user, if the federation is so great, why are the ship's computers which can create peer rivals to Data all enslaved?

because voyager is shit

Yes, just finished that one.

Gonna' watch Sacred Ground and hit the sack.
Started my second tour of duty on Voyager about a month ago. Absolutely hated unlike my first time around because of the now glaring inconsistencies with the beginning but it gets much better after maybe 1 through 2.5.

Objectively wrong. Patrician ordering:

1. The Undiscovered Country
2. First Contact
3. The Voyage Home
4. Wrath of Khan
5. Search for Spock
6. Star Trek 2009
7. The Final Frontier
8. Generations
9. The Motion Picture
10. Into Darkness
11. Nemesis
12. Insurrection

>Discuss why the Xindi thought it was a good idea to warn Earth that they were coming
They insectoids and reptilians were retarded and violent
>Discuss why the Xindi never blew up Enterprise whenever they overpowered it.
When did this happen? I can't recall any time the insectoids/reptilians had an opportunity to destroy the ship but didn't

Oy vey Cardy, delete this post!

Could we (You) retire this image? It doesn't really belong in Star Trek threads

>claims to be a patrician
>doesn't put The Motion Picture at #1
Nobody is fooled

>When did this happen? I can't recall any time the insectoids/reptilians had an opportunity to destroy the ship but didn't
Their first opportunity was when they overpowered Enterprise and sent over a boarding party to retrieve Rajiin (the slave girl who scanned the crew) but I remember they had more opportunities later on too.

Even in that alternate timeline of Twilight, they overpower Enterprise and board the ship instead of blowing it up.

>le 'star trek isn't a conservative show' meme
When will this die?

I don't even understand the Trill/merchant connection

Ferengi were mostly similar to Yankee traders. This is canon.

Also, conservatives are not anti-Semitic. Conservatives support Israel. It's the "alt-right" who worships A. Wyatt Mann's images which were popularized by Stormfront. In any case, it's not appropriate for Star Trek threads

This, I'm pretty sure Gene hated progressivisim and hoped all colorful races would die out to preserve the pure purity of our pureness.

Looking back on Star Trek overall, it was definitely right-wing propaganda, like when
>that scene where T’pol explains to Archer the difference in IQ distributions between species
>that scene where O’Brien complains that ‘petaQ’ is just a word and it’s silly ‘only Klingons can say it’
>that scene where Ezri tries to ‘redpill’ Julian by showing him the chart with all the Bajorans in top media positions
>that scene where Kirk jokes with Scotty about Spock’s mother being a race-mixer
>that scene where Trip votes for George W. Bush
>that scene were Gowron calls Worf ‘a subklingon fucking targ’
>that scene where Janeway says ‘we have to out-Ferengi the Ferengi'
>that scene where Soval uses the phrase ‘the eternal Ando’
>that scene where Tuvok walks on the bridge and Neelix makes money noises
>that episode where Picards helps forcibly displace the Indians because of a treaty with the Cardassians
>that scene where Bones called Spock "Jew, Green blooded bastard"
>that scene where Worf enters Picard's ready room without knocking and gets phasered
>that scene where a couple of these are real

>He has not watched 'Emergence' yet

This is my new favorite pasta simply for the fact that it'll piss a bunch of people off and start a Pleb/Patrician revolt.
There will be blood, your fingertips are stained, may the Wright Brothers be damned to hell!

>that scene where Ezri tries to ‘redpill’ Julian by showing him the chart with all the Bajorans in top media positions

>Also, conservatives are not anti-Semitic. Conservatives support Israel
Are Americans so self-centered that they can't comprehend the concept of 'conservative' goes beyond the United State Republican Party?

But who, dear Joran, are the plebs, and who the patricians?

The Enterprise 1701-D ship's computer can already create intelligences superior to Data. That episode is not only ponderously regressive, it also speaks to the TNG team's inability to grok AGI topics.

Listen digestposter, this is a thread about an American show on an American website and we were discussing American memes so please save it. Also, you're American.

>can already simulate intelligence's superior to Data

ftfy.

I love how episodes like "Future's End" prove that it can be both within the same episode.
>Chakotay, Janeway, Tuvok, and Paris beam down to 20th century SoCal
>First thing they notice is the "weird people"
>People on screen are wearing the most garish and skimpy of clothing, just complete potpourri of humanity
>Tuvok: We could've worn our Starfleet uniforms, I doubt anyone would've noticed.
>Chakotay: A lot of interesting species walking around here..

Pretty much the writers saying "A bunch of weird, druggy degenerates walking around and 24th century humans would look at it like it was some sort of circus"

Moriarty is an artificial intelligence in a computer the size of a starship.

Data is an artificial intelligence in a computer the size of a human.

That's why Data is more impressive than Moriarty.

So only AI-lets get rights?

Don't try to take over the ship and they won't try to put you in prison.

One of the most famous TOS episodes is about how Vietnam protestors should be hit by cars.

"It's in the closet."

>Also, you're American

lol. Gene BTFO

>Chris Pine (as Kirk): We'll embark on a Star Trek 2009 times greater than any before it!

based cuckposter

best sockets

AOL. Eugene bloughn t3h FUK out!

>animated series

Reminder this website is for ages 18 and over.

MODS! MODS! MODS!

I like how Chakotay saw a kindred spirit in the right wing extremists.

You tricked me. Shitty b'elanna episode.

Brannon Braga is an atheist and, thus, almost certainly leftist.