Was this supposed to be good? What am I missing?

Was this supposed to be good? What am I missing?

Nothing.
You're absolutely right.

it's pleb shit

Honest post

I've literally never seen any modern capeshit except Christian Bale as Batman and Toby McGuire spiderman. What should I start with? I mean the Sup Forums Cape stuff, I don't care about the stuff before. I like Chris Evans but I'm totally lost on where to start.

Thanks in advance.

It was bad and completely unmemorable. I'm guessing the only reason it was well received was the hype. I've been saying this since it came out.

The hulk does things that's why you should watch this

>What am I missing?
A childhood

>What am I missing?
Taste

God damn, Cap's suit was awful in this one.

one of the worst flicks i've seen

captain america
then maybe thor and iron man
the first two of each are pretty good

The problem with modern capeshit is that every fucking movie is inside some cinematic universe which totally fucks things up if you want to watch a stand-alone film.

Still not the worst

A childhood.

Iron man 1 is the start of everything. Skip captain america 1, watch Thor 1 then avengers

>skip captain america 1

you fucking PLEB

It's one of the best MCU films.

Literally unwatchable.

Don't know why critics sucked its dick so hard, it's not even passable as a mindless flick

it's a blockbuster

meant to be watched on the big screen or high as a kite at home. Turn your brain off and enjoy watching Hulk smash things

In 1978 half these atheists would have hated Star Wars.

>Watch Capt 1
>Skip Thor 1

fixed

It lacks a cinematic vision

Cap 1 was shit. Thor wasn't any better but is required for the understandment of the avengers plot. Literally the only good movie of phase 1 was IM.

jokers with guns in the back
real heroes up front

Iron Man 1
Cap 1
Avengers 1
Cap 2
GOTG
Avengers 2
Ant Man
Civil War

>Reddit.com
I think you're on the wrong site.

Honest post

(You)

Iron Man 2 is when SHIELD starts becoming relevant I would add it in right after Iron Man 1. i agree otherwise especially about skipping the Thor movies. It's a shame those aren't really any good.

But Iron Man 2 fucking sucks.

True. The universe garbage is detrimental to movies

It sure does. But if someone legit wants to murder their own time by willingly diving into MCU for the first time in 2016 might as well do it properly.

nothing it's shit

the only good MCU films are iron man 1, guardians of the galaxy, and maybe winter soldier

the rest are soulless mechanically produced drivel from patsy directors fed direction from executive robots to appeal to the basest audiences

iron man was what sparked this and was made before this assembly line went into full swing, and GotG is decent because James Gunn isn't a self-inflated shitbag like Whedon, or just straight up incompetent like all the other MCU 'directors'

watched the first 4 of the mcu for the first time in the past 2 days

iron man > hulk > thor > im2 so far

>Literally the only good movie of any phase thus far was IM.

Fixed

That's the reasonable order

Better or worse than you were expecting?

pretty much exactly what I was expecting

I didnt know cobie smulders was in this, shes hot as fuck. Wish she appeared in civil war

If you've just seen it you won't understand why it was considered good. When it came out it was the first movie to incorporate a bunch of different superheroes together in a movie and make it work. That was really cool to witness for the first time.

But now we have a ton of that type of shit and everyone is spoilt so they won't see it with the same perspective.

>2012
>6 Avengers
>2016
>14 Avengers
Jesus Christ where does it end?

Iron man 2 sucked. 3 was ok.

No way. Cap 1 was one of the best origin stories. Only thing that sucks about it is they completely blew their load as far as red skull character is concerned. Just hope they bring him back some how.

I'd add Thor 1, just for the sake of adding that real appeal of an ensemble cast to Avengers 1. It's completely skippable though.

You need Thor 1 for Loki more than you do hammerman, honestly. If you skip every scene Hiddleston isn't in you'll still be fine.

One of those things where you had to witness it when it was first released.

In this order:
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Captain America 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers 2 (not actually that good, but has good character development)
Ant Man
Captain America 3.

The rest in the series are watchable, but unecessary.

Alright. I know Sup Forums likes to throw this movie about, but let's get real for a second.

It's good. It's a good movie.
It's not a perfect movie. It doesn't transcend the medium.

But it IS a good movie. It knows what it is and what it's supposed to do, and it achieves its goals effortlessly, which is more than you can say for something like BvS, with all it's bustle and thunder.

You could've just said all of them except Iron Man 3, Hulk and Thor 2.

>was this supposed to be good

I'd say every movie is supposed to be good, otherwise they probably wouldn't get made. Or are you just trying to have a bunch of random nameless people on the internet praise you for your "patrician taste". I'd rather hang out with the people who watch these movies over a self congratulating faggot like yourself any day OP. I bet most people you come in contact with feel the same.