Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that ROTS was better than The Force Awakens?

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that ROTS was better than The Force Awakens?

Of coursh. All of the prequels are better than TFA.

of course

it's the best Star Wars film

TFA 2/10
RotS 2.5/10

yes it's slightly better

thank you, i am finally free

Yeah it really.is.

V ≥ IV > VI ≥ III > VII > I >> II

>posts ugly slut

Why?

Post more Rei

Easily. It actually approaches compelling drama, and the Emperor is great.

yes

Marginally, both are shit though. The "prequels are good" meme is retarded, but TFA still sucks anyway.

Agreed, though I'd put the clone wars movie after II

The Force Awakens doesn't take risks. This is a good and bad thing. On the one hand, it means that we don't get anything stupid like "midichlorians" in it, but on the other hand, it winds up feeling like a copy of a Star Wars film.

Meanwhile, the prequels took a ton of risks. They were ambitious. Yeah, a lot of those risks didn't work out, but at least they tried to give us something new yet familiar.

So which one is better? I guess that depends on what you want. If you want "Star Wars clone" then TFA is your thing. If you want "new Star Wars stories" than the prequels will be your thing.

Honestly I prefer the prequels as at least they have something different about them. III is an okay film, Episode I looks like a Star Wars film and has elements of a Star Wars film. II is trash. TFA is just a pointless cashgrab that has the look of a Star Wars film without anything truly significant.

they're both pretty shit desu

To say the prequels as a whole were good or better than VII is pretty wrong.

But RotS specifically? Absolutely. On par with VI

Phantom Menace is the worst, followed by The Force Awakens.

I still can't believe how... unmemorable it was. Watched it once and will never feel the urge to watch a 2nd time ever

it definitely had better lightsaber duels, besides the obi-wan vs. grevious duel because it's shot like the TFA duel with lots of close ups and too many cuts. i miss Lucas' steady camera work and long shots.

Rots is the best film of the 7. It has the most full filled vision. And ties the connection. Hayden also absolutely killed his performance. His demeanor from the beginning of the film to the end (before Vader mode) deteriorating and watching him fall apart, it's perfect.

About the same for me, but RotS is more memorable
>Strong opening
>Papa Palpatine being a cheeky cunt
>Order 66
>Greivous
>Shit getting real on Mustafar, I still get goosebumps after "You will try" and the music kicks in

This. I remember actually getting excited for that cashgrab thinking about what new story they're going to come up with. I ended up with

>Remember this from the OT? *wink*
>Whedon style quips (even though no one in the 6 other movies talked like that)
>OI BOIPAHSSED DA CUMPRESSAH YA CHEEKY BUGGAH

Only redeeming parts were Kylo and Han. Finn and Poe were alright but Rey was absolute fucking garbage.

feels good to be a patrician for once fám

>it's the best Star Wars film
That's not TPM m8

TPM is a mess 2bh