Big 7 countries which produce great writers: "Britain" "France" "America" "Russia" "Germany" "Japan"

Big 7 countries which produce great writers: "Britain" "France" "America" "Russia" "Germany" "Japan"

Which is last one?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Japanese_Esperantists
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spain?

e?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>Japan
>Great writers
Yea my ass

SBANE

>japan
>great writer

America

>Japan

I didn't even realize Japanese wrote anything other than anime.

Democratic Republic of Congo.

Italy.

I liked Akutagawa's works and very interested in Taishou era in general, can Sup Forums recommend me some writers of that period?

Austria

Who are some great writers from Japan? Genuinely curious

of course poland because of witcher

>america

I like Akutagawa too.

How about Natsume Souseki? It's like recommending the Beatles as a good British pop music though.

Iceland
Also
>Japan
SHIGGY DIGGY
SHIGGY DIGGY DO BA DOO

If classic texts are included, the first country should be China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Japanese_Esperantists

Italy

Add Italy, replace Japan with China

How far back do you want to go?

Imperial China's got my vote.

>in b4 t. Chao Tsu

Britain has probbbly the greatest, Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Wordsworth and if you count Ireland James Joyce (Finnegans Wake arguably being one of the most complex works ever written)

France has great poetry and also great prose writers such as Stendhal, Huysman, Camus, Proust and Flaubert.

American Literature has Hemingway, Faulkner and Twain, also some great poets of high aesthetic value.

Germany is more famous for their philosophers I would say, but people like Goethe can not be ignored.

Russia is also up there in terms of achievement. Tolstoy's War & Peace and Anna Karenina, and Doestoyevsky's Crime and Punishment as wel as the Brothers Karamazov are notable classics of the 19th century, other great ones include Checkhov, Turgenev and Gogol

Japan I don't know much about since Japanese literature hasn't influenced the Western tradition.

I would say the obvious ones missing from the list would be Italy (Dante, Divine Comedy) Spain for Don Quixote, and of course ancient Greece, since they were of course the foundation on which the western literary tradition has been built.

tldr: most big european countries that you mentioned are among the greatest and have a rich literary tradition.

I voted for China. But how many of you white people ever tried their texts...?

己所不欲勿施於人

Osamu Dazai. Depressing as fuck, though.

>It's like recommending the Beatles as a good British pop music though.

My professor told us to read "I am a cat" as part of our class on the Meiji era. It's honestly become one of my favourite book.

>Britain has probbbly the greatest

How does it feel to have terrible tastes?

Daily reminder that we produced the most notorious Western novel.

it's just like my opinion bro, I would honestly just lump English speaking cunts together (wel at least, America Ireland and brits, the onely have literaly who writes)

France is my #2 favourite desu, but Baudelaire is no Wordsworth, and Proust is no Joyce.

1. France
2. Russia
3. United Kingdom
4. United States
5. Italy
6. Japan
7. Germany

China should probably be in there, but the only thing I've read from there was a probably shitty translation of "Journey to the West".

Yeah, but you haven't wrote anything of particular note since then.