There are countries that don't use American Cheddar

>there are countries that don't use American Cheddar

Pretty scary thought, lads. What do they grate on nachos? What do they make mac and cheese with? What do they make grilled cheese sandwiches with? What do they put in omelettes? What do they slice to eat with apples on crackers? What do they put on burgers?

We're the home of cheddar and have the superior kind.

If it's so good, why do you avoid eating it?

this.
i also just bought 800g of parmesan cheese for under £10. if it wasn't illegal in america you might realise how ridiculously cheap that actually is

>eating crackers with cheese and apples
Who the fuck does that?

There are enough cheeses that are more delicious than cheddar, if you never used cheddar again, there are still endless opportunities to enjoy cheeses
Goat cheeses and parmesan and brie and mozzarella and feta and many more

>There are enough cheeses that are more delicious than cheddar,

This is true, there are lots of various hard cheeses around. What you want is some double Gloucester.

>This is what Brits actually believe

Tillamook is shit tier.
Blue cheeses are shit tier.
And before anyone tries mentioning it, brie is the shittiest.

>Blue cheeses are shit tier.

Yo I think you better shut it.

kys you've never even had real cheddar, and a vintage cheddar pairs incredibly well with fruit or chutneys you lemon.
fun fact: you've never eaten real brie or blue cheese unless you've been to europe

it's literally, unironically banned in america.

What's shit is your taste

what bit of my statement was wrong hank

No it's not. Wisconsin Brie is a staple here.

Everything. From your punctuation to your facts.

Real as in from France and not made with pasteurized milk I imagine is what he meant

ahh yes, shame that unpasterised unaged cheese is LITERALLY ILLEGAL in america, but not to worry because long life milk tastes like it just came from the cow amirite

ok, parmesan isn't banned. bet you can't find it for less than $20 a kilo though.

Roquefort on French country bread with a glass of pinot-gris.

>not cheddar and marmite on white hovis with a cup of tea

Ive had amaaing cheddard and i love cheddar. I just don't see why anyone should be butthurt for never having cheddar.
And if you think cheddar is the best cheese youre a retarded wanker, no surprise

>cheddar and marmite on white hovis
doesn't sound all that appealing desu

Briie isn't unpasteurized or unaged, dumbass

Do you think maybe he was having a bit of a laugh?

You can get that here too. We get food imports from France and italy.

ofc there are more cheeses than cheddar, but when you said "who does that" -- literally all of britain does and it pairs incredibly well. without being too much of a snob, cos I'm sure you've got good shit there too and I just haven't tried it -- generally speaking our supermarket cheddar is better than yours, but our average supermarket cheddar is garbage next to the real shit. there's one maker in the cheddar gorge who still ages it in a cave for several years. shit is fiiiiiiiiiiiire brah, and that's a commercial producer, not a smaller scale one.

also, maybe it's british bias, but a different take on your 'plenty of cheeses in a lifetime', if I had to pick ONE cheese to eat for the rest of my life it would be cheddar. without a doubt.

:D
the funny thing is it actually is

yes it is
no you cant

>if I had to pick ONE cheese to eat for the rest of my life it would be cheddar. without a doubt.

Only if it was extra extra extra super mature and twangy.

>Fully Pasteurized by law in the US and Australia, semi-pasteurized in most of Europe

I honestly don't know. If putting putting chips in a sandwich is a thing, then why wouldn't this be?

Isn't import of unpasteurized milk products banned by the FDA?

Importation isn't no. Only creation of them. I think they pastuerize it anyway for US markets

you knows it. gotta be that crystally high grade business.
so i'm right?

>Isn't import of unpasteurized milk products banned by the FDA?
yeah it is. lol. a quick google search will confirm.
was only bantering about the marmite/cheese sandwich in juxtaposition to the sophisticated mental picture the frog painted.. it's definetely a thing though (and it's definetely delicious)

Americans literally risk life and limb tumbling down a hill to get their hands on some of that.

Read it again. Jesus, Brits are dense.

If the apple was sliced very thing i can imagine it tastes amazing. My itial thought was a big slice of apple, which seems stupid to put on a cracker.
Today i enjoyed a chevre on crackers with blueberries.
If i had to pick just one single cheese to enoy forever... That would be so difficult... I might go with parmigiano reggiano or burrata

parmasan was the only other choice for me. never heard of burrata before, but then you have some cheeses that are very popular there and not here (big example: provlone)

try cheddar (has to be vintage) and apple though, you'll like it.

you literally posted one sentence, provided no context so i don't know which poster i was replying to. be as pedantic as you like, the brass tacks are that a lot of real cheese is banned from america. fact. and where you do have a version made for your market, know that pastuerisation also affects taste, fact.

if you're the wisconin brie guy it was a terrible example btw, cos we make it here too but how can chalky english (((brie))) even compete with SOFT, SMELLY FRENCH CHEESE??

Burrata is an italian cheese. How have you never had it? Its amazing.
Im greek and italian so i grew up with lots of cheeses. I love graviera, halloumi, feta, fontina, asiago, the list goes on and on

I would love to have a scottish cheddar

i'd never even had provlone until i went to america either. i kept an eye open out of curiosity when i got back and it's only available from like 1/10 delis. just not that popular here. outside of the big meme cheeses like mozerella and parmesan, cheese tends to be pretty localised ime.
>I would love to have a scottish cheddar
b-but cheddar is in england user ;_;

user, provolone is an italian cheese. Youre closer to italy than i am and yet you dont enjoy any of their amazing food?
If I am ever in england I will make sure to try some cheddar!

you should. pic related is cheddar gorge.
only been to italia twice and i was young :(

Thats gorgeous!

>cheddar
>that isn't from cheddar
then it's not fucking cheddar

also
>american cheese
actual vom

cheddar isn't afforded protection of origin doe

don't give a SHITE

it's the principal
if it's not from cheddar then it isn't true cheddar