/sino/ 中文

藝術版
The thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese speaking world

>Resources for Learning Mandarin:
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
gloss.dliflc.edu
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde

>Resources for learning Cantonese:
guidetocantonese.wordpress.com/start/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cantonese-popup-dictionar/pjnbhojkojmibobcpfgihhnohboldhip

>Smartphone dictionary (supports both Mandarin and Cantonese):
pleco.com/

aforementioned resource credit goes to 一路順風

>set strokes straight
yes-chinese.com/tzg/

Other urls found in this thread:

lovelovechina.com/girls/beautiful-chinese-girls-from-chongqing/
update1.baiyou100.com/resource/Pal98rqp.zip
chinesepaladin.org/files/paleng_v31.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=I-DXKEHkcZk
youtube.com/watch?v=7oHLalQa8vY
youtube.com/watch?v=ARa-OwlOx1U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Enjoy! Then you can join the discussion about the debate about how the content is political mostly or how confucian scholars read too much into it.

I don't think a translation qualifies me to join the discussion.
But I think I will enjoy it regardless,since the translation is the fruit of tireless work done by the best hungarian poets of the 20th century

How come the best Hungarian poets of those days could read classical Chinese?

>inb4 butthurt horse face

什麼鬼?

how hard is it to learn mandarin?

i heard that you only need ~3500 characters to memorize to understand almost everything.

is memorizing the characters hard?

It is hard at first but gets easier as you learn more and see the patterns/recognise the components.

They can't.
It's sorta related but there was a hungarian book called "This is how YOU write"
It's a collection of parodies about (then) current literature (around 1910)
It has a small section on chinese poetry.
It goes somewhat like this:
"the chinese poem is incredibly successful in the West.Which is strange since poetry isn't successful at all today.
But the chinese poem is different.
Newspapers don't turn chinese poems down.Everybody likes chinese poems.
People say that the essence of thousands of years hase been compresses into these.
Despite this the chinese poem is as fresh as if the Tang emperor retired just last year."
"But how do you translate one?
The modern gentlemen doesn't speak chinese so he translates from english.
Then the english gets translated into all other languages.
I swear I heard about a poem that was translated inot english then intp hungarian then the hungarian inot german,the german into norvegian and the norvegian into hungarian again.
It was just as fresh as ever,only the meaning changed a bit"
tl;dr
They don't speak chinese.
They worked based on the english/german versions

Reminds me of how the likes of Dostoyevski were only available in editions translated from German here back then.

Our sinology is pretty small.
There are the five novels (five right?)
Outlaws of the marsh has chinese to hungarian translation
Journey to the west had chinese to hungarian translation
Dream of the red chamber has an abridged chinese to german to hungarian translation
Romance of the three kingdoms has no translation
And I forgot what the fifth was

It's not much better in Dutch, we only have poor translations from English.
Dream of the red chamber is being directly translated from Chinese now, hopefully it will be good.

RoTK bugs me a lot.
It was about to have a translation directly from chinese.
The first six episodes were made,but the publisher didn't order the rest.
>me
Beyond mad

So I must import one from England if I want to read it.

But most of the classic philosophy got a direct translation
Art of war has 3-4
The annalects has one
Tao Te Ching has 2-3(not sure)(one is a verse version of the prose version)
zhuangzi has one.
And Mencius has one too,but I haven't managed to track that down
The Way of war has one too.This is recent,made in 2016.

Most of them haven't been published since the 80s-90s.
The art of war also has a bunch of other military themed books bundled with it.

Do the Hungarians also have this bizarre habit of referring to Chinese names and places in English when using their own language? It's really strange.

I don't exactly get what you mean.

Let's put it like this: you're writing in Hungarian about a movie with a Chinese title. Will they translate the title to Hungarian, keep the original title or use the English one? They always pick the last option here.
Dutch people even copy this in their speech. They don't say 夜市 or nachtmarkt when speaking Dutch, but night market instead. Really strange, I don't get it.

Not really.
It's usually goes like
>Dalok könyve (Si king)
So they refer to it by the hungarian title if there is one and then the original chinese title with the most commong hungarian romanization.
Sometimes even with characters.
But mostly just the hungarian name.
Lun Yu (lün jü) wasn't even mentioned in my copy of the annalects.(maybe at the beginning)
It's referred to as "Beszélgetések és Mondások"
Which roughly translates into "Conversations and sayings"

人主之道,静退以为宝。不自操事而知拙与巧,不自计虑而知福与咎。是以不言而善应,不约而善增。言已应则执其契,事已增则操其符。符契之所合,赏罚之所生也

best is 周
independent nations with a de facto king
qin is bad because of the unification
'china' should be a loose alliance of nations, not a unified empire

不考虑伪经问题的话东周确是我最向往的时代
但“国家”或多或少必然出现吧
“邦联”也要先邦而后联之
中国之外近代之前不靠宗教统摄人心还闹出点名堂的我目前只能想到汉萨同盟?

>qin
>not at fault for destroying inquantifiable ammounts of books
Burning books is bad.
(On the otherhand,Confucius is famous today because his works survived the purge.Except fot the "book of music")

The Qin wasn't as evil as people say, a lot of it is Han propaganda.

It was good for the nation overall.Qin managed to invent the concept of unified china,and this concept stood the test of time.
(I just value books way too much)

or what should you value?
>inb4尽信书不如无书

万木俱焚

I find knowledge of almost any type valuable.
Books are for the gathering of knowledge and art.

But just because you know something,it doesn't mean you should act upon said knowledge.

TIL Chongqing is known to have the hottest girls in the country (like Montreal in Canada)

lovelovechina.com/girls/beautiful-chinese-girls-from-chongqing/

Why haven't you been to Chongqing?

You should add info about the Pleco flashcards to the OP. I was paying for a Skritter account but was able to replace it with a the $10 flashcard addon from Pleco. It's been essential to drilling vocab for me.

And Fluentu is really cool too, but a little expensive.

Also what textbook are you guys using? My uni used Integrated Chinese and they've got an iBooks version of the book that is really easy to read on an iPhone screen. I've heard good things about New Practical Chinese Reader too, though not as smartphone convenient.

plz post more pic from her

>New Practical Chinese Reader
that's the book we use at Uni for our literacy lessons

你们喜欢火锅吗?

I'm using pic related.
It's pretty good and I can learn grammar later.
What is the point of grammar if I don't know the letters/characters?

I find Chinese grammar to be so fucking easy. The word order is fairly similar to English from what I've seen and you don't conjugate shit. I lived in Japan and speak pretty good Japanese so I guess compared to that everything else is grammatically simple. The Japanese conjugate fucking everything, nouns, verbs, adjectives, other conjugations....don't let Japanese people in your house, they'll conjugate it.

I probably fuck up my Chinese grammar more than I realize though, but even still you can be understood pretty easily.

>don't let Japanese people in your house, they'll conjugate it.
Top kek.
I know nothing about the grammar of japanese, but I think it's a pretty language.Sounds so nice.
And it's quite easy to make up japanese sounding words in my opinion.

欸请问各位匿名,你们都爱吃什么样的年糕?我只会搞炒的,煮的,这俩做法我都吃腻了

Yea, beautiful language for sure. I still talk to some of my Japanese friends but not enough to make me want to keep studying it. And of course the only people who speak Japanese here are sweaty weebs, but I like drawing and learning the kanji/hanzi so I picked up Chinese. Much more useful and practical and no weebs.

What advantages are there to learning Mandarin if you never plan on going to China? Talking to chinese qtpis? Impressing the chinese restaurant workers?

你是在泰国留学嘛?

Personal satisfaction if you happen to really love the culture or for that "I climbed that mountain" feel. That's pretty much it. Other than that it's an ungrateful grind and you'd be better off studying something else.

当时满族入侵中原屠了好几个城...而且本身游牧民族没有什么文化底蕴,被比较先进的文明所同化也是理所应当...

true though…

>More work opportunities
>Watching chinese dramas with no subtitles
>Understanding what they are saying on chinese music
> "I climbed that mountain" feel
>Impress people
>Access to new medias and content
>A lot of other asians other than chinese know mandarin
>Writing is pretty relaxing for some people

哇啦啦啦啦啦我的寶貝

nicca I NEED THAT PICTURE on the right
nono has QT toes

Stop with the race fetishism,please

fug

Hey mates I've been looking around trying to find a download for 仙剑奇侠传 the GAME not the series. I want the dos version or the XP version. Anyone know where I can find it?

My problem with things like FluentU and slow chinese is I feel the range of skills they are targetted towards is too small. Like, it basically requires you to understand Chinese, but it's slowed down so if you are good at understanding Chinese then it's boring because it's so slow. I'd usually rather watch stuff where I don't have 100% comprehension but stuff goes by faster.

stop with those accusations

2 minutes of googling lol

update1.baiyou100.com/resource/Pal98rqp.zip

English language patch if you want one chinesepaladin.org/files/paleng_v31.zip

thank u

I've been trying to get it off chinese bit torrent sites (using google). i did try

I'm probably going with my friend from Chongqing in a year or two

I'm really interested in the language. I love recognizing characters "in the wild" at random places. I work with a few native speakers.

If you're self teaching, you're going to fail if you do it "4 da qts" or "because it's practical and I can herp and derp and fuck myself in the ass to get a job". Do it for fun or don't bother. If you're really serious, take a class.

If you bothered to learn chinese why not try going to China

I believe the german here loves feet more than race tho

I'm a little skeptical of going to the mainland. I've heard mainlanders are really rude and gross in public.

Has anyone here been to mainland? I'd be really interested in hearing about how your personal experience went.

I decided to jump into it because I read a lot about china and found it shameful that I just saw "random lines" instead of words.
It's fun too.
Why learn elven or klingon when you can have the best fantasy language ever?
(At least to most people it's more strange than those.)

>1437 pictures

bingfeng tw/thread-22250-1-1.html

Jesus H. Christ, still not done scrolling through it but I already found a good stash of foot pictures

> If you're really serious, take a class.
HAH

>tfw took classes and they were shit (CI)
>tfw lack of motivation to seriously self study

wtf I hate China now

youtube.com/watch?v=I-DXKEHkcZk

My classes were sabotaged by completely shitty classmates. Whatever I got a minor out of it.

the extremely chill mofo pouring tea at 23:50 is my homie

but as they say-- the fake that tries to be real is more real than the thing it's imitating

Yeah, I admire their dedication. They're obviously highly skilled craftsmen. Too bad they have to work under the radar and cater to shitty tuhao. (wish I were one tho desu)

I was in Beijing actually and it was really amazing, people were polite. Of course the biggest problem you would encounter is smog I believe but the Chinese government is investing heavily into green tech to reduce it.

Try it the worst that could happen is that you find it to be bad so you to Taiwan or Hongkong instead. You are bound to enjoy one of the places otherwise you will at least have an amazing story to tell.

The high-end forgery is actually quite admirable since the fakes are so identical to the real ones.

I'm taking class right now and I understand what you say, tho I am really making the most of it and I have learnt a lot because I was a single student for half a semester

大家晚安

youtube.com/watch?v=7oHLalQa8vY

叶子人, 这是什么?

How were they shitty? I haven't really met any other 老外 learning Chinese, the only people I talk to are natives. Are Chinese language students as autistic as Japanese language students?

For me mostly just not trying at all. Insisting they can't memorize characters. Complaining about rules of the language. That sort of thing

Not him, but from my experiences the people are usually a pretty diverse/interesting crowd and for the most part well-adjusted people (especially compared to the Japanese students, they're mostly greasy weeaboos here) but like 50% of the class is usually incompetents who are stuck at a beginner level for years, 30% have awful pronunciation but do their work, and 20% are actually alright and make a serious effort. Overall it's good for learning new grammar/vocab and keeping motivated, but bad for speaking practice.

Oh, so just lazy morons? I don't get that at all. Why take a language class if you're not even going to try? Do people think it's easy or something? I took a German class in college where there were students at the end of the semester pronouncing 'ich' like 'itch'. How fucking hard is it to say 'ick'?

I've thought about going to Chinese language meetups in my area using the Meetup app, hopefully they won't be chinaweebs.

I quit because two 12 year olds joined and one of them was completely incapable of pronouncing anything remotely correct, the other one was playing the clown all the time and it was starting to piss me off too much.
Then the other guys all quit after the first course anyway and I was left with this stuttering autist who had yellow fever and an overly excited Croatian chick who had more joy in telling the teacher nonstop that she is Croatian and how she had Chinese friends in Croatia than anything else.
One guy who quit had a Chink wife, thought she must be ugly because he was kinda weird looking but upon some facebook stalking I found out she is hot AF which made me a bit jealous because I am sure she must have cute feet too.

The textbook is shit on top of that and the pace way too slow.

You get so many people who don't care because a lot of majors require a few years of a foreign language, and for some reason these idiots think taking Chinese of all things is the best way to get their credits. Basically like your German class. And then there's the people who are too stupid to grasp learning and thinking in another language, and even after 2 years can't correctly pronounce pinyin or tones (no clue how they pass the class). Thankfully, there are always at least a few autists who are really interested in language-learning so I just associate with them. Good luck with your meetups... at least if they're all chinaboos, there's always 8888888 chinese basic bitches online learning english who will gladly teach you about 5000 years of history and how 热水 is good for the healthy :^)

You know I've come around to agree with them about the reshui. It is just better than cold water.

If I watch one episode of drama a day how long till i'm fluent?

But you'll have to watch an episode of drama a day, not worth

FUCKING COMPLEMENTS
WHY

你太棒了

still better than reading books tho

I started out with Integrated and one called Elementary Chinese, last year I was using All Things Considered and a custom book made by my professor that has some Defense Language Institute GLOSS articles, and this year I'll be going through the rest of All Things Considered along with "Confucius' Analects: An Advanced Reader of Chinese Language and Culture"

我不会说中国。

你门喜欢王老吉吗?
就是味道有些怪

What drama? Most of them are unbearable for stoic manly man like myself.

i'm like 26 eps into 欢乐颂 and although it's a soap it at least tries to be kinda realistic

It's literally the second drama I've watched though so it's not like I have a lot of experience that I can give advice based on. Maybe when I finish it ill try something that tries to have a plot

Okay what's some good chink music that has music videos with lyrics shown on the video

youtube.com/watch?v=ARa-OwlOx1U

I've linked this before. Really impresses the locals if at karoke if you master this.

why the fuck is 卖无 pronounced like "buibo" or some shit

什么他妈的你他妈的刚才说我,你这小婊子?我会让你知道我毕业了我班的顶部的海豹突击队,我已经参与了许多秘密袭击的基地组织,和我有超过300证实杀死。我在训练的大猩猩战,我在整个美国军队的最高狙击手。你是我什么都不是,但只是一个目标。我会消灭你他妈的精度喜欢哪一个从未见过在这个地球上,记住我的话他妈的。你以为你可以逃脱说狗屎我在互联网上?再想想,笨蛋。在我们发言,我联系我的秘密横跨美国间谍网络和IP被追踪作为现在让您风暴,蛆更好的准备。这抹了你打电话

Good question

>the guy that seems not to know Mandarin has tones
>people who end every sentence in a questioning tone
>the German girl who sings MEEEEI YOOOOOOU in a high pitched voiced everytime the teacher asks if there are questions and the people who laugh with her every single time because mei you is so funny
>the balding manlet neckbeard who tries to fit in with the normies
>omg 灣 is so difficult hahaha i am not going to write this!

>having to wait until every single student has finished saying a sentence until the teacher goes on to the next one
>having to do simple stuff over and over again because of stupid classmates who are only there for the credits
>teacher going through the list of characters for the next lesson and just stating their translation and wasting 30 minutes of classtime for this

And then after class you have to deal with the Taiwanese on the street who don't watch where they are walking, cut you off blatantly, suddenly stop walking when in front of you, stare at you with a blank face when they give themselves priority again as always, cars taking priority every single time, people walking in the way when you are on your bicycle even though they see you coming BUT THEY JUST DON'T FUCKING CARE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Finally have let go of my frustrations of the 6 months of living here. Apart from that this place is amazing.

I need to learn Chinese as quickly as possible. I'm about halfway through the spoonfed Chinese Anki deck but I need to do more.

Where can I download .txt versions of Chinese books? I'm still new to Chinese internet.

Since the fake one is as close to the authentic one as possible.
Why don't go after the fake one to have a very affordable price piece of high end 'art'?

Also couldn't we call them the "craftsman of historical art style imitation" rather than "craftsman of forgery"?

Where do you consume your Chinese dramas? Torrent? Bilibili?