Why the people who speak Spanish. Portuguese, Italian and French are not united...

Why the people who speak Spanish. Portuguese, Italian and French are not united? IIt is possible to understand each other without any study of these languages.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DulXWXAOkEU
academia.edu/4057079/Mutual_Intelligibility_among_the_Romance_Languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hello american. i see you enjoy tourism in Brazil. good

he's right tho

well, written mostly

because there are way more important things in country than common language

t. czechoslovakia

Why is every country that speaks English not United?

Lame

That's where Globalism is trying to lead us.

IIRC you guys didn't want to have anything to do with the brits

Commonwealth exists

yeah but it doesn't include EVERY ex-british colony. it'd be nice if it did

This. Also mutual intelligibility between Romance language is not that great.

it's the highest of any language group IIRC

c'mon Spanish is easy as fuck for us, Portuguese and French only need a couple days practice before you can get the meaning if it's in written form.

the only difficult one is Rumeno.

>it's the highest of any language group IIRC
Bullshit

>c'mon Spanish is easy as fuck for us
We can understand about 50% written Spanish (it's not that much), but spoken is harder, they have to speak it slow.

i don't think intelligibility is that high
there's a fuckton of false friends
your maglia is not our malla for example

>50%

what the hell m8 I can understand written Spanish almost completely and I only took 1 year of Spanish in school

After a week I spent in Portugal I could understand almost every written thing and I started to understand spoken language as well.

we literally had a thread yesterday where Italian, Spaniards and Portuguese spoke their language and conversed with each other.

The fact that you never read in another language gives you a wrong impression about its difficulty.

>passami il burro Pablo

>I only took 1 year of Spanish in school
Then you're not a good example, if you studied it it's not "mutual intelligibility" anymore

I think in that one year I only learned how to say colours, school equipment names and probably some animals.

not my fault you have difficulty with a language that is easy to understand for virtually everyone who speaks Italian, or perhaps you just enjoy being a contrarian.

also no need for the quotation marks, mutual intelligibility is a well known and studied linguistic field, you are just talking to hear your own voice.

>passami il burro
bueno, tomá (?)

Because even Italy and Spain alone are struggling to stay unbalkanized, and there's a separatist movement in probably over half of Latin American countries. Common language has very little to do with national unity, just ask Yugoslavia or Switzerland.

t. Russia jr.

I can understand 80% of this documentary without ever having studied Italian. I do not know if Italians or Spaniards can understand Portuguese.

youtube.com/watch?v=DulXWXAOkEU

I can understand Spanish too.

French too, but needs a quick study.

The UK has withdrawn from the EU
Why does the EU use English?

Ireland :^)

Portuguese maybe, if speaking slowly or if its written
Italian and French are basically impossible to understand without proper learning beforehand

Top bantz, Mario, I'm in tears and calling a suicide hotline

>it's the highest of any language group IIRC

academia.edu/4057079/Mutual_Intelligibility_among_the_Romance_Languages

Not really

Is Ireland the center of the EU?

too many questions