X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

This film was awesome. Loved the scenes with Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Nightcrawler. Awesome 80s aesthetic. Also the quicksilver scene was GOAT. I like how Apocalypse and his four horseman were brooding around too. They looked really cool. This film was well shot. It felt cinematic. Bryan Singer is consistent and knows how to make a good movie.

you could see the changes between what the producers wanted vs bryan singers changes. I think it would of been just as good without singer...because they already have the assets, its all about presentation, and to be honest singer's work is just mediocre.

>being a grown adult
>still watching this pandering CGI superhero horseshit
Does the bad guy lose at the end? Oh goody

Better than all MCU films.

Still not great. The problem with X-men is that the build-up is great, but the conclusion/climax is disappointing to say the least.

Still highly enjoyable, but if they had made the fight with Apo more about actually fighting him, it could have challenged as capeshit goat.

>dat Phoenix reveal

You must be fun at parties.
Oh wait, you can't go to parties.
Why? Because your stuck in mommy's basement playing with your weewee and shooting cummies while mostly everybody else is out there living their life.

Do you ever stop to consider getting off your imaginary high horse and actually being a participant in your own life instead of idly sitting a computer all day trash-talking things you don't understand, wasting your life away while waiting for someone to save you from your pit of despair and endless wallowing?

is produced like the shittiest xmen installment, x3
visual feel of early 2000s movies.

jlaw can't act.

you can feel bryan singer raping small boys by the dozen he blew the budget raping small children

people standing waiting their turn to fight because no real choreography

oscar isaac only good thing about the film.

all characters written like retards.

APOCALYPSE WAS BALD WHEN HE POSSESSED ME SO NOW I'M BALD THAT'S HOW IT HAPPENED ALL ALONG.

Are you literally retarded.

Whatever makes you feel better user. :3

Fuck off singer it was shit

>apoc power ranger
>magneto "muh concentration camp"
>4 horsemen no change in personalities
>4 horsemen no gambit
>jennifer "why am i even in this movie, i just want pizza" lawrence
>gaycrawler
>overpowered sweetmemes are made of these quicksilver

I can go film was literally 1/10

What's the matter? Can't handle somebody criticizing your toddler movie?

That is a three syllable word for any thought too big for little minds.

Kill yourself

Is it true that in some scenes you can see Oscar Isaac's makeup peeling off?

>make movie

>no fights until the last 15 minutes

I liked it too

You are correct.

Continue to live.

yep

This was better Civil War

Quads say almost but no

Agreed

Who is best boy? Why is it Quicksilver?

I think you mean Cyclops.

Hello Bryan SInger

Fucking trash, one of the worst movie of the year

What happen to SInger?

Not really.
Has to be the weakest capeshit i've seen since The Wolverine.
Completely deserves the rating in RT, it's a 5/10

This movie was so poorly written
>Havoc dies and nobody really cares
>Cyclops cries a bit, but there's zero consequences after that

>Magneto's family is killed outta noware by... god? with a misfired arrow
>this is event is never questioned or explained

>Storm is for some reason cool with ending the world
>zero motivation to trust and follow this guy other than a boost of power
>purple sword lady is for some reason cool with ending the world
>zero motivation other than a small boost of power
>Magneto is for some reason cool with ending the world
>even though Magneto never wanted anything like this
>Magneto only wanted mutants to rise and take power, he never wanted to KILL EVERYBODY CUZ FUCK MY FAMILY DID
>Birdman(2014) is the only one who who had nothing to lose and everything to gain

>for some reason the all powerful purple guy only acquires 4 followers despite knowing that there are far more mutants who could potentially cause a big problem
>despite having access to everyone's mind including direct access to Professor X's mind, purple man ignores Jean Grey entirely

>Magneto just sits in his big tornado until the movie decides it's time to throw shit at purple man

>Magneto kills thousands, if not millions of people for no reason
>Professor X calls him "old friend" and then lets him walk out the door

>>Storm is for some reason cool with ending the world
>>zero motivation to trust and follow this guy other than a boost of power
>>purple sword lady is for some reason cool with ending the world
>>zero motivation other than a small boost of power
>>Magneto is for some reason cool with ending the world
>>even though Magneto never wanted anything like this
Storm and Psylocke were following power

Magneto wants to kill all humans and he see apoc as a mean to an end.

Stop posting this shit everywhere

This is something I fucking don't understand: Why critics shit on this movie? They are fans of the comic books and so when a director takes liberties with their favorite license they all act like fanboys who don't understand what an adaptation is?

I mean, it's not a perfect movie, but come on there are nothing to hate about it!

I thought it was really well done.

Apocalypse acted like I expected he would.

Magneto's powers finally get fleshed out beyond just power over metal which was cool af.

I wish archangel got more time though. He had the coolest makeover

>it's a villain's tragic loss leads to his disdain for mankind until his inevitable redemption arc episode

horsemen no gambit
Nigga, only recently (10 years ago?) Gambit became a horseman. Also, the Tatum Gambit movie will be in present day.

1/10 made reply.

So did Sup Forums like this movie? I thought it was great.

I liked Quickslivers scene.

I thought the family time scene of Magneto was nice.

Other then that, nothing else really stood out desu.

Apocalypse was a poor villain, i thought the egypt flashback was good but his powers are ridiculously undefined, it was just 'vaguelly your shit wont work against me'.

Monologuing and 'i feel so strongly for you' faces is getting tiresome, i kind of wished Hugh Jackman was back so we had a guy that gives no fucks attitude somewhere.

off-topic post

It's actually a lot less super heroe pandering than you'd think. I too can't really stand the typical super hero cancer we see in for example, The Avengers, but recent X men films give the genre a unique twist by essentially giving a political sort of undertone, and none of the characters are out right "superheros" in relation to the plot. They're all just people with powers, most wish to be normal human beings and there's a constant struggle between mutants and humans, in a racism inspired sort of way. It makes the whole thing really interesting, especially as it's not clear who exactly is right when it comes to the issue.

I'm a big step down from First Class and Days of Future Past. It adds nothing new to the series.

>I'm a big step down

Ah fuck. I'm going to bed.

>loved

>movie involves SUPERPOWERS LOOOL
>It has to be exactly the same as all other super hero movies or its utter shit
The lack of major fight scenes was a breath of fresh air. I don't know about you but a film with no human interaction is boring as all fuck, i.e the Avengers.

I honesty really loved this movie.

Just as much as First Class and DoFP.

>80s aesthetic
it looked like present day

This movie is honestly not a 47% it's more of a 72-77%.

Did anyone else think Apocalypse made some really shitty choices for his horsemen? Magneto and Storm were good but Angel and Psylocke were worthless.
Why didn't he try to find Emma frost or literally anyone else besides those two?

I feel like that is how apocalypse has always been. Like wtf does he do that is supposed to be so powerful

So Magneto causes global devastation likely resulting in the very least hundreds of thousands of deaths but the number is probably millions. But then afterwards Xavier is still all buddy buddy with him? The dude probably killed more humans while he was doing his city destroying shit than the Nazis did in the holocaust

I agree. But holy shit the actors portraying Cyclops , Jean Gray and Nightcrawler were awful

they honestly didn't bug me. If they were bad, they certainly weren't that distracting.

Quicksilver stole the show again, but I'm happy he had way more screen time this movie.

The actor that plays him is cute. CUTE!!

This

Hey man, don't knock playing with your wee wee and shooting cummies. That shit's hype.

Emma was killed in DOFP
don't criticize if you don't know shit faggoid

please leave facebook

Why did he fuck around and toyed with Apocalypse instead of just fucking outright killing him? Did he regretted once he got caught?

How did he know the school was exploding.

So glade i torrented this.

He's was too cocky and thought he could beat him..somehow.

A cute!

>Magneto is killing billions because he thinks he's completely alone
>still don't tell him you're his son
S..stop my invincible dad.

I was thinking about seeing this over the weekend. Better or worse than Civil War?

>You will never be a pretty loser like Quicksilver

Why didn't he just melt everyone?

He displayed the power multiple times and then just forgot about it.

>better than all the Marvel films
LMAO x^D

eh, it's honestly pretty different from Civil War.

I enjoyed CW a little bit more but it's hard to really say if it's better because I had a lot of fun watching this as well.

It's certainly more "epic" than CW.

Depends on how big an xmen fan you are. It's a solid 5/10 and the biggest thing that seems to tip the scales is whether or not you're sick of the Fox formula for these movies. It is a fun "turn your brain off" flick too if that's what you're into.

He wanted to talk to xavier to find out about magneto but he came in JUST IN TIME :^) HOW CONVENIENT :^)

If memory serves, be never melts anything living. So there is that

All the Jubilee scenes were forgettable. All two of them. All I wanted was more of my asian goddess.

He literally melted a whole room of people Magneto was about to kill

It's a 7/10 m8.

He fused them into the ground I think.

>you must be an antisocial neet virgin if you dont enjoy capefaggotry

Top kek

I just walked out of the movie.

He melted them.

It's true.

No he didn't retard they got sucked into the ground like quicksand and shit

>being a grown adult
>liking things of their generation
oh wow

What was the point of Arch-Angel and Psylocke? They added nothing to the plot.

Why life?

fuck off Singer

Pretty much this, you can see them still moving around.

>Opening was generic mystic mumbo jumbo bullshit
>though in its defense, that's how Apoc is portrayed, so there's not much you can do about it
>Holy shit did I feel for magneto when the kid and wife ate that arrow
>arrow shot was shittily done though
>whooops! I was so distracted I accidentally shot your wife and child with this 25 pound bow!
>Storm a cute
>Writers insist on making magneto go back and forth between evil as shit and questionably good
>not a bad thing in and of itself, but it's shittily done
>wasting Fassbender's amazing acting on this bullshit
>Apocalypse shows on several occasions that he can melt/ground fuse people instantly
>does not melt/ground fuse Xmen instantly in final fight
>b-but [list excuses]
>he had several opprotunities, fuck you
>Apoc's powers are cool af
>I greatly enjoyed mystique's character in this movie, I just wish the writers didn't insist on her playing this "pfft, I'm not a hero" bullshit
>Gene was annoying and the Phoenix shit is overpowered af.
>b-but she's the strongest in the-
>Fuck you it's retarded
>DAT QUICKSILVER SCENE
>/movie
>Apoc's choice of horsemen was stupid
>I'll let you guess where he went wrong
>Phoenix climax wasn't very entertaining. Disappointed me to be honest.
>Angel's design was cool as shit
>Nightcrawler was an adorable character
>What the fuck was moira doing in that movie? She did literally nothing.
>Some of the characters were forced in for fanservice with absolutely no context.

In short, it was good, not as good as first class or days of future past, but good.

Funny that they made the cheeky comment about the third movie sucking when this third movie sucked the most out of the new X movies.

It wasnt completely horrible but honestly felt REALLY underwhelming

but then again I thought the same of Days of Future Past.

First Class was great but these subsequent X--Mens are really fucking lame

Agreed. After how good the first 2 was, it felt so out of place to see this movie fall so far from that charm.

I think it's because it's beginning to make the mistake of the Xmen movies before it: Focus too much on the action and not enough on the characters.

The charm of the Xmen series is that it has a very interesting dynamic of characters. None are truly evil, none are truly good.

This movie ignored most of that and turned the character relations into a huge clusterfuck of "remember our relationship from the last movies please" and just shot super powers at us.

It was enjoyable, but it felt rushed and could have been much better.

fanservice

are you really trying to argue that this movie was deeper than avengers?

wew lad

I dono if I can watch a movie just for whatever Charles actor is, Fassbender and the quicksilver scene when it has ShitLaw and Sansa in it

is there any links to the quicksilver scene out yet?

agreed, overall it's a good film.

He never had the ability to kill Apocolypse especially with his regenerative power imo. I took Pheonix to do it.

JLaw isn't that irritating in this movie, she has much less screen time than she did in DoFP.

Sansa isn't too bad either, the climax is actually where she shines.

>Gene

Well the timeline kind of works out. Quicksilver went all the way to Poland first, found nothing, came back to Xavier. This elapsed time had the events of Magneto being found, by both Charles and Apoc.

Psylocke has shit outfit. It makes it look like she has a gut. The should have put the sash around her hips, not her ribcage

I'd honestly rate it around a 75-79
LIkeable moments, but it wasn't an entirely fleshed out movie. Could have been better, but was alright.

Agree

ditto. It's nowhere near as bad as anyone is making it out to be.

Just got out of it.

I see where alot of the negative criticism comes from. The first act is pretty solid, taking its time setting everything up, but midway through the second act you have all these contrivances all intersecting at one point, leading to that huge cluster fuck at the end.

But like FC and DOFP before it, Xavier / Magneto are the reason to watch the movie, and Xavier really gets to shine in his showdown and great monologue.

But damn if the action scenes weren't dreadful. I know that it may be hard to comprehend, but I prefer watching the characters interacting compared to their action scenes. Marvel just has them beat badly there. X-Men is a case where less can be more. Watch Wolverine slash through 2 dozen soldiers was infinitely more entertaining than watching Pixels fly around. Give us something tangible.

But damn if that Phoenix reveal didn't give me goosebumps, mostly out of nostalgia for how badly I wanted to see that power after watching X1 and X2 in theaters.

>Jubilee has barley any screentime
>havoc killed for no reason
>psylocke was poorly casted

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Cyclops is practically the protagonist in the film
>hes also being played by an established actor for his age group
>drop him from all marketing and put the boy toy you fucked up front along with the other useless characters
Why Bryan? You twinklusting tyrant

Was Jean Grey sexy? Most of the movie I was preoccupied with figuring this out.

>>psylocke was poorly casted

>Was Jean Grey sexy?
disgusting yuroslag, but she was good in the role. but dammit i miss fammke