The bonus situation

Jonesy just wanted the bonus for himself, didn't he?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xjkqE76Ebxs
slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/07/26/the-matter-of-bonuses-in-alien
cinefantastiqueonline.org/2008/09/revisiting-alien-ridley-scott-totally-fails-to-understand-the-impact-of-the-bonus-situation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can someone explain the "snatch every motherfucker birthday" meme?

I unironically like this meme

best forced meme of this year 2bh

Where my Brettbros at?

You are all fucking retarded

Right....

quit griping

ywn smash lamberts boypussy

Lambert was my waifu until I saw Ripley in her tighty whities

Every fucking day. Every single fucking day when i come to the bridge this little faggot just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face.

>all these braindead post-baneposters trying to be the one who forces the next baneposting with zero understanding of why baneposting happened in the first place

I'll cringe for you, for you lack the self-awareness to cringe for yourself.

>avoiding talking about the bonus situation
le shiggy bonustello

you must have mastered 47 forms of martial arts to understand

the cat was controlling the alien all along

he wanted everyones bonuses for himself

Forced memes general.

Right.

>Come here user, I have a suprise for you...

muh dick

The bonus is the key to all this

honestly the bonus situation and army dog posting are the only good ones we've had in months to catch on, all year even

the only other good ones were totoposting and N4-PR and they both fell hard, and army dog is lookin ruff too

be thankful

>army dog posting

army dog is r*dd*t teir

CRASHING THIS CARGO FREIGHTER WITH NO SURVIVORS

raddot tier?

Jesus fuck off dude. You're guaranteed by law to get a share.

The fuck's gotten into you? We're just breaking balls a little bit here.

>especially parker

>Crew Expendable
>Especially Parker

what is bonus situation? new meme?

holy shit I've watched the movie 9,312 times and I never even realized this.

I enjoy the bonus situation posting, but I feel it's bouncing against the walls already. Alien is a minimalist movie and I'm worried we're running out of characters and their role in the bonus situation.

...right

Which is precisely why we need to discuss the boners situation

It'll merge with another meme before dying.
>Baneus Situation?

we are guaranteed by law to get boners

not for long

P E R K Y
E
R
K
Y

hmmm

>you will never be coldly assessed by weyland-yutani corp and assigned an ultra-long term solo cryosleep mission in your own intergalactic space pod

Do I get a bonus for posting ITT ?

20th century fox's viral advertising team really outdid themselves, this bonus situation meme is great. it plays on Sup Forums's appreciation for the original alien film, utilizes a fun quotable moment that is easy to insert into other franchise-related media to perpetuate the meme, and it promotes diversity by calling attention to an empowered black character. this meme has already drastically improved brand recognition and favorability in the buildup to Alien Covenant and Alien 5. The marketing exec in charge should get a raise.

i thought it was a generally accepted fact that only Alien, Aliens, and Alien3 are canon. and that all other movies in the series are fucking garbage (including the ones that haven't come out yet)

You finally figured it out.

why is she so qt?

No, only retards think that, Resurrection was better than 3

based Colette Ferro

I really hope you're joking. Please euthanize yourself if you're not...

We're in the pipe, five by five.

>ywn bury your face in that bush

>2021
>Ridley Scott

I'm amazed he's that optimistic.

>Can someone explain the "snatch every motherfucker birthday" meme?
Does this help?

youtube.com/watch?v=xjkqE76Ebxs

Stop replying to it

>ywn pet that pussy.

Do you have any idea how hard I lol'd

Name a more patrician waifu
you just can't

Xeno queen

you are overruled in favor of those trips

Pic related: the Jew bitch Cameron was fucking that decided to fuck with the original story and make Lambert a tranny.

Lambert was just a normal woman in Alien.

Goliath ready.

>perkiest tits in the business
>once they sag she gets the best boob job in the business

What a masterpiece of a woman, even with her anti-ass.

>we never got to see them in all their heavenly late 70s/early 80s glory

Perky AND puffy. Nice.

Best meme going

GET THIS COMPANY MAN OUTTA HERE

thats pretty good actually

Sad Rose continues to be sad without dubs

Top jej

Who here remembers Colonial Marines?

[post yfw Hicks was still alive]

There's been some confusion over the past few days. All you have to do is watch the opening credits (pic related).

>The marketing exec in charge should get a raise.
or perhaps a bonus ?

Are you trying to give me a raging bonus with that pic?

Right

"The minute the baby alien bursts out of John Hurt's stomach is always the moment I lose interest in this film. Why? Because it is here that class issues are displaced by the struggle against the one enemy, the alien. Parker stops complaining about bonuses (class issues) and focuses on killing the killer monster. But this displacement is, in reality, more dangerous to Parker and Brett than the alien. Recall 9/11. It came down to the same thing. The anti-capitalist globalization movement (WTO) was displaced by the war on terror (WTC). I bring this up because as class tensions increase in our moment, the post-neoliberal moment, the moment when market ideology is in a state of crisis, it's important to ask who would benefit the most from an alien something, before the eyes of everyone, bursting out of the nervous guts/conditions of our times?"

slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/07/26/the-matter-of-bonuses-in-alien
It's a webm

>other white people

Nice touch.

The biggest flaw Ridley made with Alien is that he never resolved the bonus situation.

The movie starts, and in one of the very first scenes, we hear about issues with the bonus situation, so you know it must have been important. It had me curious right off the bat, and scene after scene came, but they never discussed the bonus situation. I figured that when Kane was in his coma, Scott would have taken that opportunity to finally discuss the bonus situation, but the next thing you know, we get the chestburster scene, and the alien arrives, which was cool and all, but I couldn't help thinking to myself "what about the g'damn bonus situation!?".

Then, one by one, the alien starts killing the crew, and it was at this point that I figured Scott wasn't even going to address the bonus situation, which was fucked up, but I held out and figured that Ridley wouldn't let such an obviously important plot device go unresolved. But no. He did.

When we finally lose Parker and Lambert, I knew we'd never have the answer. The ending was cool with the "lucky star" shit and the ejection from the shuttle, but all I could think about was how I would be left forever wondering about the bonus situation, and why it never got resolved.

I hate Ridley Scott for that to this day.

I really wish this was a webm so I could see how long it is and skip around.

>You could have freezed him

S A U C E
A
U
C
E
Holy shit that's great

>cin: So where did the idea of the bonus situation come from?
>>Scott: This was something I added to the script because of my initial troubles trying to get the budget approved, and as soon as I mentioned the bonus situation, I got exactly what I asked for...well, almost.
>cin: You introduce the bonus situation early in the film, but then...
>>Scott: Right, I did that intentionally to capture the attention of the audience. I'd already shown them the Nostromo, and the crew, but I needed something special to really make sure I had the audience with me, and then it hit me: the bonus situation. Who isn't intrigued by the bonus situation? How does it work? Who's in charge of it? You know who isn't intrigued by the bonus situation? Nobody, that's who.
>cin: No doubt, you had my attention right off the bat....it was like, wow, big ship, cool....nice space shots....the crew seems alright...whoa...wait a minute...hold on, go back, what's this about a bonus situation!?
>>Scott: (laughs)I know, right? I still get asked about the bonus situation I'd say, oh, about monthly. It had a greater impact than I thought.

Interview with Scott about the bonus situation:

cinefantastiqueonline.org/2008/09/revisiting-alien-ridley-scott-totally-fails-to-understand-the-impact-of-the-bonus-situation

Link is broken, mate fix it, shit's important.

DELET THIS

YOU JUST KNOW