One shot at life

>One shot at life

>Could have been born in a war-torn country
>Could have been born in a poor shithole
>Could have been born with a serious medical problem requiring numerous surgeries throughout my lifetime
>Could have been born in a time period where I'd be a simple labourer working for the rest of my life until I died at 40 from a disease antiobiotics and vaccines could prevent

>Instead born healthy to middle-class family in non-wartime in one of the safest and best countries in the world where the biggest complaints one could have is how the Universal healthcare is a little too slow, or how the plentiful grocerystores full of food's prices are a little bit too high which means I'll be able to invest a little less money per month with my job that affords me my living expenses and allows me money go to on vacations every year and retire comfortably

T-thank you God

bump

I thank God every day I was born here.

>one chance at life
>born black
>born in Africa
>born to a poor family

T-thank you God

It's not that bad. He could've been Jewish.

>born too late to explore the sea
>born too early to explore space
>born just in time to browse a peruvian bocce ball bulletin board

I know that feel bro.

>could have been born in a village with all your friends and family where work and wife is guaranteed

>instead born in a capitalist shithole where your purpose in life is working 9-5 with people you don't like and live around people you don't know and if you're lucky have a wife who has had 50 partners before you and get a son that will become brainwashed by the school system

thanks

>people actually believe this

Get off Sup Forums for a moment and go outside, sven

He makes a good point, leaf. Don't deny that people are treated like tools by the system; just things to provide work and spend away their consumerist habits.

As if another system would treat people better...

Yeah I'm sure life was great back when people worked like peasants

Before civilization, yeah, I genuinely think life would be much better. Humans aren't supposed to live the way most people do now.

It's alright, countries with cold climate are a good ones. However the warm climate countries...

i wish greece would go bankrupt and ally with arabs to destroy the west

>I think life would be better when there was no rule of law and literally no understanding of how things work or should work

Yeah okay my dude.

>T-thank you God
and its gone.

You make your own laws. It's shitty how you can get "justifiably" arrested for some obscure ass law just because it exists.

It was no better back when your Lord could ride into your village and hang you for thievery just because he couldn't catch the real thief

Or your daughter would be robbed and raped by bandits just because she tried to cross from one holding to another

That's fucking retarded and you are an idiot.

>You make your own laws.
And then who's going to enforce them?

No shit lmfao

But he's talking even further back, he's talking way before civilization.

Feudal times were shit.

>And then who's going to enforce them?
You are, pussy. No one should have to do someone else's dirty work.

Ahh yes when your new wife would die at 17 trying to give birth to your child, and then you die at 40, and you lived your whole life in the muck with no tooth brush or real bed or the ability to read

this guy has the same eyes as a homeless guy in Amsterdam

why?

same bandana too?

>You are, pussy. No one should have to do someone else's dirty work.

What if someone doesn't follow the rules I thought of and decides to kill me?

>and then you die at 40

That's some optimistic thinking. Before civilization you probably wouldn't live to 25.

>Don't know how to cook food
>don't know how to create shelter
>Can't work with other people to achieve common goals and help eachothers

You didn't have guns you stupid burger. You had a sword if you were lucky. And if you were even luckier you could afford to learn how to use it properly. And even if you went up against two men they'd still kill you

If you ignore newborn deaths, which you should since they're not people, the life expectancy of tribals were closer to 70.

>SWORD
>BEFORE CIVILIZATION

You mean a rock?

that's hell of a bummer
you can speak english tho, so at least you've got that going on for you

No rules at all existed back then, only way to "make them exist" would be to tell someone about it. It's every man for himself. As for them killing you, tough shit. Should have defended yourself.

source?

>It's every man for himself. As for them killing you, tough shit. Should have defended yourself.

That doesn't sound better than modern society.

That's the good part about it. No one had guns, no one's life could end in a flash unless it was really, really deliberate.

Of course though, I like guns. Guns are good in this day and age. Everyone has them, so everyone keeps eachother in check and no one does anything stupid.

Better than living that way and knowing it than getting killed by some thug but thinking the law makes everyone equally protected and untouchable.

Yes because humans just grew out of the ground, individually

No. I would definitely not say that living in such a place is great.

Sounds similar to Somalia or something.

Are you on drugs?

>Everyone has them, so everyone keeps eachother in check and no one does anything stupid.

Yes... That's why your murder rate is so low compared to every other 1st world country lol

Somalians are a bunch of niggers with guns who just want to kill people. Sure, people way back when killed people but not all of them killed so recklessly. And they didn't have guns.

You're the one on drugs claiming rules didn't exist before modern civilization

>one life, one opportunity
>born in a shitty, dangerous country
>at least middle class
>start phd next year

im coming for you, canada

pls bring some bunda for me

Rules are social constructs. They don't technically exist at all, they're a completely mental thing. Think about it, if you break a rule but the person who made the rule doesn't have the power to enforce it, what the fuck can they do?

rest easy, i'll make some bunda there for you

what field are you in at least familiango

>literally living life on easy mode

lmao are you a pussy? i bet you wouldn't even like to be threatened with a knife on a daily basis

physics

Then they will either start to enforce them or try harder to enforce them. Usually enforcement is implied so it's a useless discussion

Oh

Are you a genius?

What do you mean enforcement is implied?

heh

not really, but im giving it my besy

>which means I'll be able to invest a little less money per month with my job that affords me my living expenses and allows me money go to on vacations every year and retire comfortably

Since he's so ordinary in everyone's eyes, no one will try to understand him. Someone who will never be hated by others but will never attract anyone either

You'll live life as a matter of course and then die the same way

what did you mean by this?

>illegal in Burgerland to download music for free since musicians couldn't afford their fifth mansion
>go on a YouTube converter page and download that shit for free on my phone as an MP3 file like a bad goy
>never get in trouble

>newborns aren't people
Sweden what the fuck

It wasnt as bad as hollywood has made it out to be, nobody lived a life of drudgery in England-people got more days off than they do now, it was only hard when you had to get the harvest in quickly before it goes bad.

life is only better now because of recent technology-fertilisers, antibiotics, understanding of biology and tractors/combustion engines have made a huge difference.
not because of society

Those things are pretty fucking important

And research helps us make a better society too, BTW. Understanding of Economics, psychology and sociology helps make logical and effective public policy. That's an important component as well.