/flag/

The great outdoors edition

Welcome to /flag/, a general thread to talk about all things flags & vexillology and a shit ton of autism like flag design, symbolism and history, as well as flag collections.

Previous thread: →

>What are extra flags?
Extra Flags is an open-source (code is on GitHub) and non-malicious (no IP is accessed) plugin that adds regional flags, like states and provinces, to the already existing national flags on Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums, by storing users' post number along with the selected regional flags, and retrieving it from a database when a thread is loaded. You can add your region's flag by requesting it on the GitHub page.

>Collecting Flags?
World template: i.imgur.com/DcBPwzx.png
Regional templates: oplk.imgur.com
About Sup Forums's flags: i.imgur.com/w9VDsop.png

Extra Flags: github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/news/374293-melbourne-australia-car-pedestrians/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Obligatory FAQ image

this deserves more than a good lad

~very~ good lad

>i realized that there is only one shot at everything you do, and if you miss that shot, then its gone forever.

This is one of the key tenets of how I live my life, and it's true, something not everyone realizes but something very important to realize

bump

dead edition

WAGEY EDITION

REE

bump

where is everyone

>3g on broken iphone 4 is a shit

ive never been happier lads i need to get my thoughts in order right now, but ill post full story when i get back to my house :^)

My official top 10 flag wishlist:
>1. Chad
>2. Mali
>3. Mozambique
>4. Namibia
>5. Mongolia
>6. Turkmenistan
>7. Yemen
>8. Cuba
>9. Laos
>10. Tajikistan

Please tell me if you've seen any of them.

pls keep thread bumped pls

im guessing these are my (yuo)s but i cant click on anything or else my phone will tell me to go fug myself

hold on for like an hour and a half, ill see what i can find :^)

yeah they are :^)

:^))))

>tfw love hiking
>live in the netherlands
:(

Bumping

visit bavaria, you aren't that far

>go to Spanish class
>fucking suck at it already, dreading the work
>would be worse at any other language
>language requirement at my uni so I'm stuck with it

Really feel like offing myself lads, I shouldn't even be unhappy but I am

Making Georgia flags :^)

r8

Missing quite a bit of uncommons in Africa and Mongolia isn't that rare iirc

bretty gud starters map though, r8 5.5/10

no :^(

I wish you the best of luck

Good job Bedford, glad you finally confessed your feelings :^)

spanish is easy, don't be a one-language ameriplebe - st your phone language to spanish and shit to force yourself to use it outside of class

also realize that your shitty spanish makes you more bilingual then most of the subhuman population here

>spanish is easy, don't be a one-language ameriplebe
I know lad, it's not a hard language but this uni moves really fast, I'm afraid of failing ;_;

That's why I dropped Chinese last semester

Trips speak truth, it's a prophecy from Kek :^)

>Jimmy Carter was from Sumter County, Georgia

i lrn a fact

My flags. "Completed" this in 2014 or something. Originally collected state and province flags for some countries, but gave up when they introduced county, city, municipality and street flags.

True previous threAD

Noice collection.
Extra flags collecting is only for the most extreme and trueb autists

truly amazing senpai, 11/10

and you can just collect first level regionals, further levels are just for mega autists

also we don't have street flags ;_;

Georgia is coming along lads, I'm going to go play vidya for a while and then study Spanish and then I'll try to finish Georgia flags tonight

i believe North and South Dakota look bleak flag wise

Yeah, they're going to be all red, lad.

I doubt over 20 counties will even have seals :^(

Municipalities of Parana

Nice, thanks!

>my flag wishlist
>1. American Samoa
>2. French Southern Territories
>3. South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
>4. Micronesia
>5. US Minor Outlying Islands

Those are my final 5 :^)

Does anybody have the old meme flags like Venus, International Waters, and International Airspace?

I used to have those on my old computer in a separate folder but it crashed and I can't get them back :^(

pls post somebody

How is trump's inauguration going to go down tomorrow then lads?

I remember getting all those obscure islands within a month or so. Suddenly they all showed up and then I never saw them again. Probably one guy playing around with proxies.

>whos a good lad
:^)

thoughts are still scrambled, but i said i didnt want to miss my chance if there even was a chance at a relationship. she said she'd love to go on a date in the springtime when she gets out of school

>language requirement
massachusetts yes!
;_;

unbelievable amount of weight got lifted off my shoulders lads. the dream/nightmare is still sticking with me and i know im not going to be able to shake that feeling off for a while, but i dont think i want to forget about it.

hey goyims

Error: Your image contains an embedded file.

gambia
:^)))

:^))

>gambia
Nice. Also, it seems like they're finally ditching Jammy.

sup juden

so i found my county seal

Yeah, Micronesia last posted in 2014, same with USMOI.

It's killing me, I really want them :^(

Protests here in Boston. Staying in and getting comfy aside from Spanish recital at 2:30

>Bedford got a date
gud 4 u lad :DDD

Seriously though, good job mane. Nightmares can be useful.

oy vey never forget the six gorillion :DDD

Grady County, Oklahoma made :^)

Will submit with the rest of the Oklahoma flags in the future when I do them, marked on my map

awesome. thats my home county, not the current town i live in for uni.

how do i make these flags, sir?

she asked if i played guild wars 2 quick how do i into that

>protests
what the fug mane :DD also she comes back march 11th, so i have time to get in shape and not be out of breath after walking down my driveway. if my body doesnt look like shit then i might get the hugg more often.

sheeeiit these look familiar

Don't forget to add this as Quebec user, lad

>changing yourself for a girl

'no'

the self-improvement is fine but starting an MMO just to have another thing in common is dumb

she's not going to suddenly lose all interest if you don't play guild war 2, kek

but i like games mane ;_; also the body improvement is going to suck

???

Hey guys it's Santa Rosa on vacations, grab regional

wew how much have you spent
nice flag

Why do you guys like flags?

Get the seal/logo, usually from county website but sometimes from Google, check both.

Seal/logo should be no larger than 240x157, square seals usually come out at 157x157 give or take a few pixels.

Center the logo/seal on a white background (if it's a white seal with a colored background just fill the background with said color) sized 316x214, then resize to 16x11 making SURE TO KEEP THE FLAG ANTI ALIASED. We do NOT accept aliased flags into the databse and are currently in a process to overhaul these, hence the blue counties on the map I post.

If you're autistic enough to go county by county to check for seals and make the flags for Oklahoma, go for it. Feel free to take my flag for your home county and include it in your folder, I've made thousands of flags so it doesn't matter.

Always check crwflags OR the Wikipedia page for the county to see if an actual flag exists.

So that's how to do it, go nuts. Once you finish making all counties of Oklahoma and you mark them on the map, submit the folder to our github, I'll look them over and I'll make any map changes official (this is what I did when Bedford helped me, god bless his soul).

I like collecting them and filling the maps out

It shows how geographically widespread Sup Forums's usership is, which is interesting to me, and is a way to kill time

Beyond that, I like flags in general because there's a lot of history behind them

>created character in GW2
>all names taken

i typed in What The Fug Mane because everything i put in was already used and clicked ok, but it automatically went through ;_; no final confirmation

:^(

oh shit lad :DDD

youre missing one, sir.

Speaking of collecting Canadian regionals, I was looking through github and noticed that Quebec is a clusterfuck. We have a template for the regions, but the 4 that I have collected are the only 4 in the extension. The other first-level Quebecois flags are all towns. This triggers my OCD and is also dissapointing - no wonder I collected these four within a week or so and haven't seen another true first-level Quebecois regional since, they don't exist in the extension!

I'll help research flags if someone wants to tackle this, like I helped someone here tackle Nova Scotia long ago

It is possible that flags for the other regions don't exist but then we can get creative

SPM isn't really part of Canada, it's autonomous

I have it on my country map

My collection is blooming

Where did you get Mozambique?

I renamed the extremely rare ones for maximum safety

Its a secret, i want to preserve the rarity of my flags

I've been going crazy for weeks. I have so many flags, but Mozambique is a huge grey spot on my map. I need it.

post in my regions thread please
the more flags the merrier

If you help me find the international waters flag sure

bretty gud

:^((

im so tired. i dont want to have a nightmare like that again.

Holy fuck look at those spicy quints

Kek has blessed this thread

i can finally post cozylad :^) night lads

night bedford, sleep well :DD

don't let the bedbugs fug yuo

Going to eat dinner and probably finish Georgia, then study and sleep time :^)

night mayne

>finish Georgia

srs? shit you must have done a lot of them today

Special announcement - I don't feel like braving the massive crowds and London rush hour-tier subway traffic tomorrow so I'm not going to the swearing-in, so I'll be able to shill flags hardcore tomorrow

I'll be going to the parade / protest shitfest on saturday instead

rt.com/news/374293-melbourne-australia-car-pedestrians/

Here we go again

Nice. And yeah, I'm starting the Georgia flags right now and I'll go until 12:45 or 1:00 depending on how tired I feel. Then an hour or two for Spanish, waking up at 11:00 for inauguration and Spanish at 2:30 :^)

>mfw there are already protests outside
>"NO TRUMP, NO KKK, NO FASCIST USA"
>mfw I know people in the group who are self avowed communists (non ironically actually commies)

rly mkes u think

>Houston County, Georgia
>"Georgia's Most Progressive County"
>voted for Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders by a 76/24 split in the Democratic Primary
>voted for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in the November election by a 59/38 split

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

truly strange.

I'm a commie in mind but a soft fascist in body

(And my dick is a libertarian)

thx for the gondola lad, have some of my spicy OC in return

>commie in mind
would you lige a heligopder ride frend :DDDDD

Checking in again after a half year hiatus, no idea where the other SG user went
Have the CoAs for French communes been completed yet?

i really want to call bullshit on this one.

HOLY FUG IT'S THE OTHER SINGAPORE LAD

Welcome back, haven't seen you in forever. If you're talking about karakalpak, his autism drove him nuts and he quit in blind fury.

If you were around when Botany Bay user was posting, BB kept in contact with Kar and he apparently also has to work on school.

I've basically taken over flag making, I'm working to complete US county flags through CoA/seals/logos. I've made excellent progress on that.

Pretty sure the CoA for French communes haven't been finished yet since Kar kicked the bucket, he was in charge of the international flags. I might take that project up when I finish US counties (which should take about 1-3 weeks more).

Nah, he's legit mr General Tornado :DD

I remember this lad, he used to be a very regular poster back in /flag/'s glory days.

jesus I haven't seen you since my first month on /flag/

kar ran off to puerto rico to get married to bayamon

It's all real friend, I believe /flag/ spotted Mayotte and Wallis&Futuna too but they were both by the memer himself PK

Jesus fuck you are one dedicated soul, I remember you making US flags nonstop way before I left

As I expected, he couldn't resist the big bayamon benis

>Pretty sure the CoA for French communes haven't been finished yet since Kar kicked the bucket, he was in charge of the international flags. I might take that project up when I finish US counties (which should take about 1-3 weeks more).
I might actually try to take that up, the reason I asked was because I was already making French communes (got about 5.7k flags in before I stopped)

I'll make a valiant attempt to start collecting regionals again, but the total flag count's probably multiplied fivefold since I last glanced at it (can't fuckin keep track of that thing)

>Jesus fuck you are one dedicated soul, I remember you making US flags nonstop way before I left
Yeah, I have to replace a lot of what I did many months ago since we changed our aliasing policy. Good news is that progress came along well and we managed to get a lot of counties in with seals/CoA. Also good news is that Georgia is almost done (2nd most counties behind Texas, it's a clusterfuck)

Bad news is that I still have many in the Midwest to go and every new project I've started since November with Massachusetts town/cities won't get pushed in github since Kar left and Botany Bay kicked the bucket. Sad!

>Yeah, I have to replace a lot of what I did many months ago since we changed our aliasing policy.
Aliasing policy? How long ago was this?

>Sad!

>I might take that project up when I finish US counties
I was only joshing lad, there are 36000 of them :^)

>(got about 5.7k flags in before I stopped)
wtf lad that's more than I've ever made, is there a site where they have CoA for all of them or something? I've spent most of my time in Georgia researching county websites

also show me that map :^)

>but the total flag count's probably multiplied fivefold since I last glanced at it
No idea how autistic Kar got, but I've probably made a few hundred flags since November.

>Aliasing policy? How long ago was this?
5 or 6 months ago, Kar got super autistic about how shitty the US flags looked and I agreed, so we came to a community consensus that anti aliased flags are preferable. So all the aliased flags I made when I first joined need to be replaced, see the blue counties :^)

join me in collecting dutch municipaliities

after you left but before kar left, so a couple months ago, I believe

>represented in github (flag/seal flag)
This doesn't seem correct at least for my state

luxembourg update when?