What went so right?

What went so right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P8i01bL9a8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=BfkRjvAYuOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*Heart Attack*

too much gabagool

I watched the first episode finally and have no desire to keep watching.

Tony is great and I like the idea that he's losing his edge, I liked all the comfy shit (psych office, outdoor restaurant.)

But holy shit i do not want to watch him be disappointed in his son being fat, his daughter being a slut and getting into drugs, his wife cheating on him, and his terrible fucking mother.

Basically I think the family drama will make ke depressed .

welcome to "normal" family life

You're right in quitting early. I'm in the middle of the show, and I can tell it's well written and acted and all, I guess, but I don't know if it's worth it because it depresses me so much. All the characters have such ugly personalities and there's barely any moments of optimism. And does someone really have to be brutally murdered or assaulted in every episode? I just don't know what the point of the show is other than to make you feel bad. Maybe someone with a tougher heart can enjoy it but it just isn't for me.

What are you at? season 4 or 5? Either way season 6 part A and B are the most depressing seasons of television i have ever watched, as well as the best written stuff ever put on television. If you think its too dark for you now, i suggest you stop watching because it only gets worse for the characters.

Do you people really only engage with fiction for escapism and making you feel good?

Well I prefer to feel good over feeling bad.

The Sopranos, while very good in its first three seasons, really hit its stride season 4 onwards after 9/11. The whole show became much more "foreboding" and it matched the era the show was currently in so well. Watch an episode in season 2 or 3 and you'll see everything looks much brighter and characters are wearing flashier costumes, particularly Christopher. It became very different after 9/11

You've got it so wrong.

Escapism, yes. I never feel good though.

the tone shift post-9/11 is one of the best things about the show, but the first three seasons were my favorites.

How could we lose two of the most based characters in one season? Furio and Ralphie shouldn't have gone so quickly.

Phil was my favorite character, mostly because of Frank Vincent's delivery.

His wife never cheats on him

The Shah of New York

on season s01e09. I don't see the big deal. It's good, but after watching The Wire, this just doesn't compare. Although...
>dat meadow soprano
>dat dr melfi

>It's an Alan Moore episode

Carmela hooked up with the tile guy in season 2. Didn't sleep with him but i would still consider that cheating, unless you are a cuck.

The Sopranos gets a lot better as it goes, honestly. Season 1 is good, but it's the beginning. Things change quite a bit. Were you that overwhelmed by The Wire in its first 5 episodes?

I wouldn't say overwhelmed but it was funny as well even early on. But I see your point.
>If Snotboogie always stole the money, why'd you let him play?
>Got to. This America, man.

WATCH THE SHOW!

The end of Season 3 starts to take a pretty dark turn... I think that's where the tonal shift really begins.

Started watching the sopranos whenever I stopped doing drugs.

I felt it was healing me emotionally.

>Forgetting this guy

Epic bate, my man.

>Thinking the nig-fest is better than paisanmania

>It's a Yellow Fever episode

Gabagool? OVA HERE!

>What went so right?
The humor

you look like a puerto rican hoore

RETIREMENT
COMMUNITY

and people in this thread still says the show dosnt have humor

Are you a woman or something?

KEK
Even the humour is god tier on this show

So what show are you watching?

Game of Thrones

first season is not that great, kepp watching it become vetter at S2

Meadow is pure

a pure slut

The pilot sucks. Watch the rest of the show.

I took a break a few episodes into S6, after marathoning, but it's really quite addictive, everyone's personalities are well highlighted. But on the brighter side, there is quite a bit of humor as well, things do go well from time to time as there are ups and downs. What you slowly start to see is how the many deaths take a toll on the organization. Personally, I like watching the violence, that's just another draw, so lacing every episode with some is part of the entertainment.

>The pilot sucks

sincerely fuck off

The fact that he gets so offended by it is part of the hilarity

I put it off for so long and regretted doing so.
The first season I didn't have a clue what the hype was about. The same with the second, but I was invested enough to carry on. By the end of the third it had my full interest, and by the end of the sixth I thought it was the best show ever.
When I rewatched I loved the first season.
I hope this helps someone give it a go.

It was pretty good, even enjoyed the therapy session with the ducks.

checked

Does anyone have a webm of the curb stomp? Easily one of the best Tony scenes.

Until she got blacked

>2 to 3 good soprano threads every day for the past week

now this I can get used to.

Wacking capeshit threads until Sup Forums turns into /sopranos/

One day capeshit will leave this board, one day.

>But holy shit i do not want to watch him be disappointed in his son being fat, his daughter being a slut and getting into drugs, his wife cheating on him, and his terrible fucking mother.

literally none of that happens except for his bitch mother

Tony about got BTFO there

Bobby blew him the fuck out. That was a great episode. So satisfying to see Tony get his ass kicked.

DITSOON
I
T
S
O
O
N

pic related would have been the result of the fight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>tfw no lesbian subplot

;_;

>tfw you will never be paid to look at adriana's panties all day

>It's catching, not pitching episode

on the missing russian

>CHASE: They shot a guy. Who knows where he went? Who cares about some Russian? This is what Hollywood has done to America. Do you have to have closure on every little thing? Isn't there any mystery in the world? It's a murky world out there. It's a murky life these guys lead. And by the way, I do know where the Russian is. But I'll never say because so many people got so pissy about it.

Its obvious he went up the fuckin tree, tracks stop right next to it and then the next shot is from up in a tree. Its not even up to speculation thats the only possible place he could have been unless he could fuckin fly

>Chris chose Tony over Adrianna and his dreams

Bad choice. Should have listened to the crow.

This gay storyline almost ruined the show.

>creator had higher expectations of everybody and everything
>would fire for one bad script even if you'd written a good one that got made into an episode
>spent more time planning and setting up than filming
>gave a fucking care about continuity and realism
I'm not saying it's the most real or accurate show, but at least it follows episode to episode without artificial drama used to keep you watching. Interesting things happen throughout the episode, or the middle, or the beginning, rarely at the end.
And the best is, each character is better than any other character on tv. You could watch a show about Paulie, or Chrissy and Adriana, or Carmela and her friends, or whoever. I don't dread seeing anybody (first time through I dreaded Livia, then Janice. second time through, loved Livia, hated Janice still. Still don't like her but she doesn't get much screen time) like happens with other shows.

We can thank Phil for setting it straight

>no lesbian subplot
thank god
that's gay and gross
look at her face

See thats what i thought too. But when you think about it Pualie and Christopher would definitely notices a huge dude climbing a skinny tree. The Tree is not even large enough to fully hide behind. In another interview Chase said that the Russian kept running and was found by a boy scout troop, but that could just be some bullshit he made up in the moment.

Finook Vito plot was hilarious
>Finn shitting bricks and lamming it to Cali

>it's a charcoal briquette episode
>the channel is BET

that line made me laugh out loud

His dreams of becoming a writer? The whole Hollywood subplot was to show that he was a terrible writer. Chris would have starved and been miserable if he wasn't a gangster, kinda like Tony's cousin. But i guess he would have lived longer.

At what point, which scene was it, that made you realize you had to stick with the show and keep watching?
Link related
youtube.com/watch?v=P8i01bL9a8Q
thought it was so cool that the FBI was that close

He was a genius.

>later on in the episode
>tony and carmela outside
>carmela prattling on about something inane
>tony starts telling her if the rug hadn't been there, bobby woulda been on his back instead

>Bobby immidieatley running away and reversing into a tree

No webm, but got this

>season 3 episode 1
>patsy all pissy pisses in the pool
>end of the episode
>tony tells him to put his past behind him and bring his kid over for a swim

Maybe he could have made it as a producer like Carmine jnr

>branches only fall in front of bobby on the hood and nowhere else
bravo vince it's like how when walter was crawling under the house everything was in front of him nothing else mattered 11/10 time to rewatch

It was only satisfying for five seconds. Soon after it became difficult watching Tony fall deeper into the Soprano pit of bitterness, bringing it up over and over and over again.

Stewin in that chair...

Meanwhile, Janice slips into pitch perfect parroting, evolving become Livia 2.0
>What?! What did I say??
>What the fuck do we pay you for, put her to bed!!
>bitchin out on her infant child when real adults are in control
>playin based Bobby like Liv played Johnny

Those Sopranos..They go too far!

youtube.com/watch?v=BfkRjvAYuOc
she dies at the end, right?

I made one, but I'm not good at webm. I seem to lose too much quality on these longer ones.

Based Chase. I loved that ending because it was a fuck you to people who wanted closure and cared more about the canon of a fictional work than meaning and theme

It's 2016 and there are people who never watched Sopranos or are just starting now and like to sound like smartasses after 5-6 episodes.

"I'm on S1E8 rn"... NO ONE GIVES A FUCK YOU TOOL, where were you in between 1999 and 2007? Go fuck yourselves and take your fuckign Breaking Bad and GOT with you, you fucking brats.

Ending is fairly obvious that Tony is fucked. Either that guy shoots him or he's going to jail. This is the last dinner he'll have with his family.

Still pretty good senpai, thank you

>tfw Tony finds the teeth in his pants later at therapy

>bravo vince
que? he wasn't on sopranos m9

the fuck outta here!

Go to bed dad you're drunk

Don't make shows for americans if you don't like how americans react to your american show. Ambiguity isn't good either, it's an excuse to be lazy, and you get a perfect shield of self defense when you say "I know the answer, nya nya you don't". He doesn't know the answer because it's bad writing and it doesn't bother him.
Mysteries are only interesting as long as there some sort of pay off, the constant nagging of a cheap "ambiguous" ending is what the japs do. They don't actually have a good idea, so they cop out, they claim that it means more that you DON'T know how their story ends. The truth is, they don't, because they're bad writers. It's not a complete story, a non-ending isn't an ending.