Why can't they just get it right? How fucking hard is it to adapt a video game?

Why can't they just get it right? How fucking hard is it to adapt a video game?

It's probably not that hard, but what respectable filmmaker is going to try to adapt a video game? I'm sure if a great director tried to do it the end product would be a great movie.

Considering video game stories don't have to be all that creative, detailed, or thought out, as the player will be distracted by the busywork demanded by the game and big story moments are set up to occur in concert with "accomplishment" thus piggy-backing off the dopamine high of said "accomplishment," said high becoming associated with "story" to the unawares... removing that crutch and trying to have video game stories stand on their own is pretty hard.

very

it's pretty good at least 7/10. don't listen to these reviews desu. the film suffers from being too short is really it's fault. it should be more like 3 hours. it's fast paced. everything else is great.

The movie is going to be financially successful, who gives a shit what movie "critics" think?

>first stage

All video game stories are derivative of other stories from other mediums, be it film, televison, literature, hell even comic books.

Warcraft? Tolkien. Dragon Age? A Song of Ice and Fire. Almost every horror game? Lovecraft.

this

The World Ends with You movie when?

Videogames will never be good for film adaptation because videogames themselves aren't a good artistic medium

I'm curious, has there ever been a successful video game movie that follows the story line as closely as possible?

With that being said, why couldn't they just do a story about Arthas and go from there? It's a hell of a lot better story than that of the Orcs and with a better chance of success. It could easily be turned into a watchable movie. Instead, we get Metzen fucking shit up again with his favoritism for Orcs.

It is truly a Great film for the fans of warcraft. I had an Awesome time in the Cinema watching the film. I almost cried of how happy i was just in the first 10 mins xD

I saw the movie yesterday in Sweden! As a person who have played World of Warcraft since the start i LOVED this movie!! Alot of people applauded after the movie was finished, including me:) Iknow that the Warcraft story is so loong and there is so much to take in. But i think that if they continue to make more movies it will only get better. I think that you shouldnt go and see this is you already think its going to suck, you might aswell go and watch something else then. Dont be overhyped aswell. Think of it as someone reading a chapter in a book for you, you get left with the feeling of wanting more and you know that something more amazing awaits but this was just the tip of the iceberg. If you know the lore you also know that there is some really amazing stuff to come!!

>Dragon Age? A Song of Ice and Fire

but literally it was lord of the rings

>The movie is going to be financially successful, who gives a shit what movie "critics" think?

This guy gets it. Fuck marvel shill "critics"

>v"idyakino"

Beta nu male cuck redditors (rt critics) are pathetic creatures, simply going along with what's popular to justify their mundane existence. If WoW was as popular now as it was 10 years ago they'd all be praising this movie, but Warcraft is now a "thing of the past" much like those icky Republicans!

Critics don't know what good movies are anymore.

>why couldn't they just do a story about Arthas
thank god they didn't.

fucking hate arthas fanboys.

warcraft 1 and 2 stories are simply better to adapt.

i don't want some edgelord's fantasy being played out on the big screen.

and guldan's death knights > modern death knights

>it doesnt matter if this turd tastes bad, its making money so another turd will be out next year!

desu it's totally fine film, you should watch it sometime, maybe when it hits internet and make up opinion then

easily best fantasy movie I've seen since longer while despite obvious pacing issues in the beggining

is this bait?

Ffs how can they fuck up Warcraft movie so much for the GA after 10 years of preproduction.

Video game movies suck because their characters suck. In reference to Warcraft, I can't think of one character from World of Warcraft I genuinely liked. So many of them are morally black or white which is fine for a video game but boring for a movie. Thrall was probably the best character they had until they ruined him too.

False.

Of all the stories available in the Warcraft universe that could be turned into a good film and gain traction for future Warcraft projects while also appealing to a wider audience than just the people that have played the games, Arthas is hands down the best option.

>and guldan's death knights > modern death knights

True.