Why do americans build their homes out of plywood?

why do americans build their homes out of plywood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecW_4lcznic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because freedom

I always wondered the same.
I could literally punch a hole through their houses, like wtf

You build with what is available to you. Lumber literally grows on trees here. Most wood structures are very sturdy and last for centuries. Most structures won't withstand a tornado or hurricane anyways.

Well, this trend was started by an American carpenter called Jesus.

>Lumber literally grows on trees here.
what a country

cheap.

Dog bless.

Australia does the same thing.

>That gingerbread
Yeah, go ahead and punch that

Nah, Jesus only made it popular but it was already being done.

Because we do everything as cheap and easy as physically possible.

At one point you cut all yours down to build ships of the line.

Why do Americans keep their shoes in the fridge?

Damn white robe hippie

I love the story where he freed Texas from the mexicans

>Lumber literally grows on trees here
good
>Most structures won't withstand a tornado or hurricane anyways.
if it was made out of brick it would.

Our houses aren't even made of brick desu. It's just the outer layer. The steel and concrete structure is prebuild in a factory.

no, it wouldn't

youtube.com/watch?v=ecW_4lcznic

Brick houses would flood easily and become unlivable just like wood houses would during a hurricane.

Expensive

America BIG in case you didn't know

Transporting the home pebbles from Appalachia to Bumfuck Kansas costs a lot of money, then you have to build it, and then convince someone to live in a thermally insecure home that will resist tornadoes that have less than a one in a million chance of destroying a wooden home

Building expensive homes just because tornadoes exist is stupid, you build what you can make your homes from. On the Great Plains, people who couldn't turn their wagons into homes effectively made mud-brick houses

Now with all the orchids used to prevent winds from picking up crops, there's wood to use and build with

that really made me think

>here

>tfw you will never live in the promised land where the roads are paved with road paving and lumber grows on trees

First they stamp poles into the ground to ensure the structure doesn't sink into the ground. Then they lay the pipes and cables down. And then they just throw their latest model home on top of it. Make a fancy outer layer and done.

>Most structures won't withstand a tornado or hurricane anyways.
>if it was made out of brick it would.

No. I live in tornado alley. Brick houses get thrown apart as if they were made of Legos.

>I live in tornado alley

>literally called tornado alley
>build house right onto it
america.gif

>House gets blown down by tornadoes every year
>Continue to live in the same spot.

all then (you's)

them*

wHY ARE THERE SO MANY PICTURES OF RUINED AMERICAN HOUSES?

Because they have a literal hurricane season.

Don't forget Tornado ally has a tornado season.

surely you aren't all this stupid, I see this 'tornadoes can destroy any home' all the time but the tornado is only going to directly hit a small number of houses
the vast majority will have a much lesser force applied to them and in that case brick/concrete would withstand forces a lot greater than a wood house
there is no excuse to building a shitty home, you are all getting rorted and are proud of it