Is it just me or is this film way ahead of its time...

Is it just me or is this film way ahead of its time? Everything but the dubbed voices could be mistaken for a modern film. Why is Once Upon a Time in the West not celebrated like the other Leone spaghetti's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m6BQKFs3-VM
lmgtfy.com/?q=1968 movies
youtube.com/watch?v=BdK0jaLuJL8
youtube.com/watch?v=vWJ353FkIgc
youtube.com/watch?v=_ptjc9Vono4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why is Once Upon a Time in the West not celebrated like the other Leone spaghetti's?
Because plebs run the world.

It's ridiculous though, the Eastwood Leone films are great but nothing on this. Just listen to this fucking theme tune. youtube.com/watch?v=m6BQKFs3-VM

It is celebrated amongst patricians and some people even say it's one of the best films of all time.

It's certainly mine.

it had awesome cinematography but the story was very run of the mill western unlike TGTBATU or even the other dollars

I didnt 'get it', liked it a lot but not this 10/10 that gets raved about. Can you guys chime in with why its so good? I felt the very end was a bit empty, the woman's character was 2D and the death of the capitalist bad guy was rushed

>he thinks Once Upon a Time is better than For a Few Dollars More

The opening is great, the development of the movie as well, but the ending is not really good. Still a solid 8/10

THOSE CHORD CHANGES *dies*

but it is. It's Leone's magnum opus.

OUATITW is the superior film

it got lost in the shuffle of controversial and blockbuster movies that were released in 1968

look at a list and you'll see what i mean

lmgtfy.com/?q=1968 movies

also the spaghetti westerns were not that popular at first, but gained their audiences in the ensuing years

Henry fonda should be Angel Eyes

Because it is you turd.

>Leone's magnum opus
Wasn't that supposed to be Once Upon a Time in America?

Because OUATINW is too dark and "sad".

Its the best Western of all time, with the best cinematic score of all time, with the greatest climactic reveal of all time, with the greatest revenge story of all time.

TGTBATU is fun, but nowhere near this masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=BdK0jaLuJL8

OUATITW pales in comparison to TGTBATU

The plot is no where near as interesting as TGTBATU
the music is great but it still isn't as good

the opening cinematography of OUATITW is probably the best stuff from leone but that doesn't save it from the boring plot

youtube.com/watch?v=vWJ353FkIgc

you have to be a fucking retard to think OUATITW is better

Why didn't they record sound while filming?

why did Jill fuck Frank

that makes zero sense

>full on pleb: the postening

not an argument

see

good editing

Most of the actors were Italian I think. That's why most spaghetti westerns were dubbed.

not an argument

Felt vulnerable and slid back to the lifestyle she was used to in order to save herself. Sex didn't mean that much to her as it did to the audience, so she felt like she wasn't betraying anything.

that doesn't make any sense at all.

you must be 18 to post here

ALLL OF YOU

SSSSHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh

youtube.com/watch?v=_ptjc9Vono4

duck you sucker is even more modern

>Is it just me or is this film way ahead of its time?
It's you, Leone was the best of the spaghetti westerners but it's not like he appeared out of thin air.

>Why is Once Upon a Time in the West not celebrated like the other Leone spaghetti's?
You're extremely ignorant if you think it's not

Looks like we're shy one horse.

You brought two too many.

ohshit.jpg