Why doesn't Hollywood make historical epics anymore?

Why doesn't Hollywood make historical epics anymore?

>that webm
Hot

They just made Star Wars.

>dem physics

Source of webm pls

Because no one cares for them anymore. The last few of them were huge flops.

Maybe when a new one is made and makes a bunch of money, it will be the new trend and you'll see more of them soon.

awesome on the building

shitty on the projectiles

You need to be at least 18 to post here

WOLOLOLO

WOLOLOLO

WOLOLOLO

listen bitch i'm old as fuck I just haven't played every single siege game ever made.

aoe had the most comfy music

not enough diversity in civilized history

that is unless we create diversity in history

fuck off that's like not knowing counter strike

What the fuck is this? Some kind of aoe2 remake?

He's right, you're obviously young to not know where that's from considering how popular it was on PC

lurk moar faggot

My first thought was age of empires but I don't remember the physics being that good on the castles.

some 3d render made by a guy

Memes are not a valid answer.

The physics were changed but that is the same assets.

being mad as fuck that everyone didn't play age of empires or whatever

get within arm's reach of a vagina

Nigger considering Aoe2 units were sprites and not 3d, they are not the same assets.

Kill yourself, you normie fuck.

Because all the famous historical epics of old usually called upon thousands and thousands of extras all dressed in authentic attire and that shits expensive

>you will never play a fully realized isometric AoE2 in glorious detailed 3d

>being underaged

this thread reminds me of this gif I made at some point in time I don't even remember what board it was on or what the thread was about

technically we all came out of vagina's so your poorly worded shit is shit

fight me you vidya game playing pooftas I'll make soup out of your toes

Because they're better as miniseries or as television shows? I know Denmark recently released one such show called 1864 on the topic of the Second Schleswig War.

source?

Because all the manchildren these days have been trained to only accept capeshit duh-goy!

Because for some reason Ridley Scott decided to be the only one to keep doing them, and he got progressively worse at doing so. Ironic considering either he or Mel Gibson were responsible for bringing it back with Gladiator and Braveheart.

I want a Master and Commander sequel so bad.

Yeah probably could be solved by making the projectiles not perfect spheres

>Question
>"""""""""""""""Answers"""""""""""""""
Quality as always from Sup Forums

Not really. What if you're born through a c-section?

Only answers that matter so far:

Historical epics aren't focus-tested to be safe bets for profits like capeshit, remakes, and sequels. This is the fucking dark age of filmmaking.

exodus wasn't all that bad, it just got bogged down with dumb controversies and the subject matter wasn't appealing to a wider audience

sure but you don't have to go that far, they just don't need to behave like they're moving in a vacuum