Is this a new meme?

leave xenokino to me

>we want the Edge of Tomorrow audience

Oh wait, it flopped

>Edge of Tomorrow
>flopped
???

Yes it did actually considering the budget and having Tom Cruise

I marathoned the films earlier, saw 1 and 2 when I was a kid but only just watched the last two. I'd rank them Aliens > Alien > Ressurection > Alien 3. What the fuck happened after Aliens?

Money grabbing is what happened.

Mine is Alien>Aliens>Alien3>>>>>>>>>>>resurrection

Plebs wanted more space marines shooting stuff but got a decent movie instead and were confused and angry.
Then it backpedalled and got turned into a comic book.

Alien > Alien3 > Aliens > Alien Resurrection > Prometheus

About to go watch this for the first time (plz no bully), which cut should I see? Director's or Theatrical?

I heard one has a slower pace and more atmosphere, which is exactly what I want. So which one?

Theatrical .desu, it has some better dialogue, although there is one really great scene in the directors cut that got cut out.

The director's cut is not actually a director's cut.

It's an extended version but it doesn't actually add all that much. An added scene towards the end interferes with the tension and pace too much.

I would recommend to watch the theatrical cut first and the Alien Virtual Workprint fan-edit after, since it's basically a superior version of the director's cut.

best girl

U MAD?

the director's cut is only a director's cut in name only, made because fox found a bunch of extra Alien footage in a vault and requested that Ridley do something cool with it for the DVD boxset. ridley scott is happy with his original cut and wanted the DC to be more like a "what if" illustration of how the film would be using some alternate and discarded ideas, more of a curiosity for fans than a definitive recut.. ridley scott considers the theatrical cut of the film the definitive, "real" cut of Alien

What 3 cunts gave alien a negative review

aliens is objectively superior

If you actually read them, one of those actually isn't negative at all.

Weird tidbit: Christian Bale was in Alien as one of the child suit doubles in the Derelict sequence

No he wasn't.

Why doesn't Sup Forums want to talk about it?

why do the weyland yutani jews want the alien anyway? conventional weapons are much more effective at eliminating targets than slightly smart animals

The aliens are biomechanoids. There are applications to bioarmor, grown ships, etc.

Best ass in Alien saga
youtube.com/watch?v=XZtlBkGfig4

Don't know how anybody could think Aliens has anything on Alien.

>Alien
Very utilitarian spaceship not piloted by adventures or heroes but basically space truckers dressed exactly how'd you expect space truckers to be. They encounter some of the most bizarre, truly alien creatures (that space jockey) ever put on film, from the mind of the brilliant H. R. Giger.

>Aliens
Literally Vietnam soldiers in space. They even have camo, for some reason.

The little thin white strip that goes across the women's chests is hilarious. Even though I dont think this scene shows either of them waking up, its hot in a perverted way.

While I believe that Alien is significantly better, you're oversimplifying it to an extreme..

DUDE GUNS IN SPACE
QUIPS
ACTION
LMAOOOO
10/10

Its a 37 year old movie.

Most people on Sup Forums are between the ages of 18-25.

It's rough to be an oldfag on Sup Forums.

*tips space fedora*

But the bonus transcends time
An ancient Egyptian being promised an extra flagon of beer for working on the pyramids is the same as Parker being promised his bonus by the company

I enjoyed Alien 3 much more than number one. The concept of the prison world and the culture that has arisen out of desolation is interesting. The world they built was fantastic.

Plus it had pic related and a bunch of other very talented English actors, who were extremely satisfying to watch.

What went wrong?

>I enjoyed Alien 3 much more than number one
Fucking off yourself.

jesus fucking christ the top comment lmao

Wow, that's pretty damn neat

>Better cast
>More ominous story
>Charles Dance

Make dealings.

Alien is my favorite film.

Watch the original 1979 Theatrical Release first.

Enjoy. Hope you like!

>Better cast
Fucking lold.

nice to see someone using my OC :^D

>reviews counted for Alien: 100
>reviews counted for Aliens: 61

Alien did better on a broader scale than Aliens, so technically Aliens isn't even on its league.

Do you think the next Alien film will finally resolve the bonus situation sub-plot?

i'mnot surprised, it was so poorly marketed. looked like an oblivion clone, when really it was was of the best movies to come out in a decade

john m is fucking BASED

>MMMMFFF UGHUPH GAK
what did she mean by this?

bono deendoe

>Oh my God, I think this one was Brett's

Per Cartwright on a commentary track, they wore those to avoid an X rating back in the day. You could barely see Veronica during the sequence, and you pretty much don't see Sig or Tom until the next scene (out of the room, which we never revisit).

We never have this "back-side view" of the hypersleep chamber, but we can work out where people are sleeping.

if Alien was like vietnam, Aliens was like WW2

if bananas are like cars then shoes are like elephants

>sub-plot

Wow. Never knew they used kids for this scene. Got plate 337d?

I'm sorry. I don't know why I didn't even- Ripley's last trip out, the syn- the artificial person malfunctioned. There were problems and a-a few bonuses weren't paid

I own a copy of the book (hr giger's alien) and you aroused my curiosity, so I looked it up. that's plate 377d, mind you.

It's simply a long shot of the space jockey set from a high-up angle, with actors on it (and no crew). You can't make out much detail, but it provides a sense of scale. You might as well watch Alien and freeze-frame it at early sequences as they enter the set.

The plate shows the set in very "clear" grain, no mist and crap about.

The three child stand-ins were Ridley's two sons Jake and Luke, and photographer Derek Vanlint's son, whose first name I would be very interested to know.

What is the best movie in the franchise and why is it Aliens?

Looks more like resident evil to me

>what I'm aiming at is the impression of a porous decayed skin

SEE THAT RIDLEY? IT'S NOT A FUCKING SUIT YOU SPERG

Does anyone else have sexual daydreams where Ripley is caught by the alien and kept alive and repeatedly raped and impregnated until she loves it

>jesus fucking christ
>dude lmao

Reddit is the other way

COTTON

Weird trivia: The cat Jonesy was actually voiced by child actor Steve Buscemi

You gave me early internet nostalgia. I was big fan of the franchise in the early 2000's and I was looking for pictures of the Xenomorph and AVP comics. I stumbled across a whole website of Xenomorph erotica, and they all had these elaborate lore dumps about King Aliens and Xenomorph dicks and detailed artwork of chicks getting impregnated vaginally with the extra mouth.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The one I remember was a story with a red male alien fucking a chick in the shower. This guy had a whole series of stuff and I remember the Red Xenos being males.

the sexual imagery is obvious with oral rape when the facehuggers attach to a person. i'm sure you're not the only one that's had sexual thoughts about the film.

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

Is it just me or does he look like CIA?