en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language#Classification
youtu.be/QiFBgtgUtfw
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:Slovak_words_without_vowels
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/šmrnc
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/žbŕnd
youtube.com/watch?v=T0ex5SDhiO0
youtube.com/watch?v=k3BFU_En6Lo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like both Slav and Romance. I just do okay?

>english
>germanic

In term of grammatical complexity, Na-Dine.
In term of grammatical simplicity, Austroasiatic.
In term of phonetic complexity, Khoisan.
In term of phonetic simplicity, Austronesian.

Basque. It's the only truly native European language.

slavic, of course

ENGLISH

>phonetic complexity
>Khoisan
just because it has clicks doesn't mean it's complex
for example dutch adds complexity with weird consonant clusters like the coda in "herfst"

if your """"""language"""""" doesn't have an alphabet it doesn't need to be considered

>phonetic complexity
Have you seen the Caucasian languages? Especially Georgian, their complex consonant clusters are quite difficult to pronounce.

Actually i haven't read much about it, duh.

Any languages could be written in Latin or Cyrillic alphabet bro.

This. Also maybe Finno-Ugric if you consider that Estonia, Hungary, and Finland are all in Europe and none of them speak an Indo-European language.

Slavic, Roman and Iranic languages are cool. Germanic is shit group. I really would like to have Spanish as international language instead of English.

youtube.com/watch?v=_5fns2_wa3o
Georgian is not difficult phonetically by no means, it resembles Roman languages. Check out this song for example. It's difficult grammatically, they have a very complex verb system.
t. I date with Georgian girl

Slavic

All of them desu

Indo-Aryan, they wuz kings

Spanish is the best language by far, so romance.

How did the Indo-Yuros get so powerful? Is this the closest thing we get to an actual master race?

They were the first who made horse a domestic animal and learned how to ride it.

Slavs are the most powerful race in the world.

For grammatical complexity, it would be either Japonic, Koreanic, or Uralic though.

That's peanuts compared to Salishan languages. And lots of clicks are lots of phonemes, like it or not.

english is a germanic language bruh.

Why?

türk

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language#Classification

slavic laguages = best languages
no discuss

>be german
>get raped by indo-dindus
>prcolaim yourself master race
>be finnic
>rape indo-dindus and get the same amount of their genes as germans
>???

>implying that Finno-Ugric languages from Asia are somehow native European

Retard.

Germanic >>>>>>>> Latin >>>>>>>>>>Slavic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest

Slavic languages are SHIT though. They sound bad, they look bad.

And 98% of its speakers are literal subhumans.

Slavic

>tfw the Balkans arent Romance Language
>tfw you will never know what cool Romance languages would have evolved from there if they Slavs hadnt come in

Sad!

>Finno-Ugric languages from Asia

No proofs :^)

A hypothesis which posits the origin of Uralic languages at the Kama river, quite firmly inside Europe is compatible with the current knowledge.
Lexical influence of Uralic on Turkic and Mongolic along with Scythian can be explained by Euralic influence on the steppe.

>what is romanian
>what is aromanian

I thought Semitic language is included in Indo-European Family.

Im talking about the countries right across from you, Gianluigi

But yeah, aromanian and Meglo-Romanian is cool

You were talking about the balkans, Romania is a balkan country

tocharian

I was also talking about the countries across from you, Andrea

>brazil

wanna fight vraže?

>Flag
Opinion discarded.

Those, for the big language families, but for the small families, there're many ones that have more unique features.

*teleports behind you*

heh, not worth my time kid

what would happen if teleportation was real the moment after you teleported from one place and befor you teleported to another one,where would you be,would you even exist and how

Well if we talked about small families, I think Malayo-Polynesian is grammatically and phonetically the most simple group language. Apart from Tagalog which is influenced by Spanish language.
Grammar is similar to Chinese, but the phonetic is easy as fuck.

Really made me think

really makes the marbles start rolling

youtu.be/QiFBgtgUtfw

It's not "small" through. :^)

What's language do you speak, friend?

Really gets the noggin' joggin'

Romance t.b.h

hey that was my idea. forget that.

Also,
>Grammar is similar to Chinese

That goes to most Austroasiatic languages too. Include the one that i speak. :)

>American education

No it's afro-asiatic

English Spanish Italian grammar is similar to Chinese as well it does not mean a thing
SVO is a pleb word order

>herfst
>doesnt even have words without vowels like smrt
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:Slovak_words_without_vowels

The modern academic consensus on the Finnish language is that it evolved in Finland

40% of the world languages is SOV m8, more than SVO.

Word structure is a thing, but Chinese is analytic, no genders, no cases. The same goes to many Austrasiatic and Austronesian languages, but can't go to most Indo-European languages.

We do have words with 8 consecutive consonants, "Angstschreeuw" (scream out of fear) for instance.

no, proto-finnic was developed in Estonia

I use Bahasa Indonesia as my daily language since I live in Jakarta as capital city of my country. It's very simple language both phonetically and grammatically. My family was from Javanese and tried to make me speak Javanese, but since Javanese has 3 system (very polite or elite, polite, and not polite) language and I live at the place where everyone speak Bahasa, until now I still can't speak Javanese though when they speak to me with Javanese, I understand the meaning, I answer them with Bahasa though lol.
It's not about SVO, but about word structure thing. For example, we don't have past verb and perfect verb, so we just add more information to tell that.
In bahasa, we add "sudah" for telling that we finish did something. For past verb, well just add "kemarin" for "yesterday" in either before or after SVO.

in 2 separate consonants though. and that is just a compound word. angst schreeuw. so that is really just 4 consonants in angst.

i meant two separate syllables

It's still pronounced as one word despite being a compound word. We don't say "angst schreeuw", we really do say "Angstschreeuw"

I should also note that we are cheating a bit because NG and CH are both digraphs.

cheen' chon' bon janjaw jaw wa-henda-le ja sho zhaw

soon we will speak it

Romance
If you know any you'll get why

it is all the same - the only different is the pause between the two syllables.
šmrnc - en.wiktionary.org/wiki/šmrnc
žbŕnd - en.wiktionary.org/wiki/žbŕnd
both are 1 syllable. slovaks would argue there is no vowel, but i say there is an unwritten Ъ (u, like in duh,curls,murder) there

That looks pretty retarded without age estimates and probably wouldn't look much better with them either.

Depends on which phase we're talking about.
Finland might have had a Finnic speaking population continuously for 2700 years, or about as long as Estonia.
But modern Finnish is a hybrid of eastern aka proto-Karelian and western, with the former being dominant.
Did Karelians come from Estonia? I'm not really sure.

I like Russian language, kinda sounds cool.

It's not group, Sakura.

r8 russian language
youtube.com/watch?v=T0ex5SDhiO0

Southern slavic

Finnic obviously
youtube.com/watch?v=k3BFU_En6Lo