en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strizh_(train)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ER200
youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI
ahorasemanal.es/el-ave-es-rentable,-pero-costara-decadas-recuperar-la-inversion
youtube.com/watch?v=BNtFPwFJ5N8
youtube.com/watch?v=8oYYn4Wegrc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DELETE THIS

Fun fact: the American train typically travels at less than 40mph, is available only in the very most urbanized part of the United States, but cost three times more than any other train in that picture. And it's ugly

ahahahahhahaha anglo LOSERS¡

Why is the american one so shit?

Aren't you meant to be the best or something? In fact why is everything American and that America does so shit? What are you fucking playing at?

You don't even have trains.

kek. thanks for your money, eurocucks.

We do though. Even Tasmania has trains

Just tell me why you're so shit past like 1999 and fuck off

Don't know about the rest of the country but ours is new.

We don't rely on trains like yuropoors

Because no one rides them as its quicker to take a plane or more benefecial to drive to another state as public transit sucks here.

We have a cultural hatred of public/mass transport and cities in general.

So it doesn't get the funding or proper attention it needs.

The places that have public transport fund it in line with international norms. Spending is just grossly inefficient. You can blame excessive safety standards, NIMBYism, union featherbedding, Buy America regulations, lots of things. But not inadequate funding. America's low overall spending on public transport is a reflection of the fact that projects that would make sense with European costs don't here

You hate it because it's shit not proper one.
And it's shit because of the car lobby.
Plane brings you to airport which is far from the city and you have to wait for luggage for hour there. Fast train brings you to the center of city and you can enjoy nice views and much more comfort to drink vodka.

And in slow trains you can sleep. Take it in the evening to to bed and in the morning you are at your destination.

This is the fattest thread I have ever seen

>wrong pic
>JR500 for Japan
>CRH for China

You rely on car wow what a big boy

>train brings you to the center of city
The only places that's true in the US are cities you don't want to go into, like Atlanta and Philadelphia.

I still don't understand why there's no train between JFK and Grand Central. The company that runs the Airport Shuttle must be incredibly skilled at lobbying

BE SAFE AROUND TRAINS!

>grand central
>jfk
JUST.

Kek-o-rama

high speed train system seems to pay off in australia as large part of population live in a few coastal areas and it's got lots of radical environmentalists, which tend to support public transport that contributes to lower co2 emissions.

I did not had fun with your fun fact, please kys.

UK

No train project has ever been able to break even.

Good goy.

Worked pretty well for Germany at one point

wat

lel

We have ICBMs, so anything like a Paris gun is pretty pointless.

How public transport infrastructure is fucking atrocious for the most part.

Why do yuropoora defend trains? They are a forgotten relic of a different age. Why should I pay them money to ride a train, it should be free

The pic is bullshit. "Our" train is actually a refurbished german ICE train with a repaint. Also it only serves on a single line between Moscow and Saint Petersburg and it's not even allowed to go full speed because the tracks are in bad condition.

Why does United States have a fancy font? Why are you using a US proxy to troll poor Australians? What did they ever do to you?

There is train to Nizny Novgorod too en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strizh_(train) and plans to make several other high-speed lines to Rostov, Riga, Kazan,

>americans hating on this

> train with a repaint
And it was designed by siemens for Russia specially. If you didn't know we have different width of gauage from Europe.

UK has pretty shit trains and no one to drive them. chinese infrastructure investment please

we do

*BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

>2017
>still falling for the airtrain meme

use the q10 instead

>CRH preparing for Chinese New Years.

The JR500 is now outdated

me on the far right

yeaah boiiiiiiiiiii

>Kotatsu stoves and demons

Been on the prospector before, but I recommend driving that trip.

I'd rather take the American one
I love the look of diesel trains desu

BIG

Americans can fly in the sky.
They did not need a train.

That's a freight train. It passes freight.

I don't want that travelling quickly as most of that freight is liquid, flammable, explosive, or any combination of the three.

actually regarding freight trains we had the infrastructure but our government took bribes and didnt expand them, instead expanding the freeways

Same same but different different.

We have the engineering. The trains themselves have been more or less available in one form or another for more than 50 years.

We don't really have the tracks - ours are generally dual use, so freight and passenger trains have to be scheduled well (which doesn't work as it is, but would really fuck up if the passenger trains were travelling at 5x the speed).

So our government spent money on highways, and then sold a few of them so that the purchasers could collect tolls.

Nippon-sama... can you adopt us?

>His country doesn't have a large high speed rail network
>His country doesn't even produce it's own High speed trains

wew

But we do have the tracks. At least between Windsor and Quebec. VIA bought tracks from CN for themselves. GO trains still run on CN tracks on some portions but most of it is also independent. But that can run at 110 because it's a regional line.

The problem is that Harper decided to not build or upgrade anything and the Trudeau government isn't telling VIA to not be retarded and force them to build a high speed line. Instead they're planning on putting more slow trains which is just increased running costs for no real benefit. If we could go from Toronto to Montreal in 90 minutes, lots of people would be using the service more than they would slow as fuck trains from the 80s.

We even have a company that could produce such trains in our own country but we refuse to utilize it and instead cram more people onto shit highways and freeways that we haven't done shit with for decades.

Fuck being a leaf sometimes.

>spain

hmmmm, I heard you got some train issues

dont tell the seppos but we have teleporters

Well, we had that Galicia crash 4 years ago but our trains are usually fine, specially the high speed ones.
The high speed train between Medina and Mecca will be spanish for example.

desu i wish we had high speed rail
i wouldn't mind taking a 2 hour train from sydeny to melbourne if it wasn't as expensive as a flight then i could go buy nice clothes and come home in the same day

Because Australia has 23 million people for a country almost as large as the mainland of the USA. Also the cities are far away from each other, so they take airplanes because trains are useless in Australia.

>Maximum speed 200 km/h
For it to be considered high-speed rail, it needs to have an average speed of at least 250 km/h. Yours is just a normal slow train.

Fucking USSR had 200km/h trains in 80's
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ER200

Yeah Russia wasn't a joke in the 80's though

500kei is not for china!!

Yes it was.

You mean at the same time as the Japanese and French had 300 km/h trains?

And how many of your high-speed lines are running a profit?

I was born in 86 man so I don't really remember the cold war. But it was a thing man, for most of the time I think I've heard that Russia could probably have beaten America in a conventional war

> have beaten America in a conventional war
How do you imagine that? First of all there can't be conventional war between nuclear powers. Second Soviet navy was defensive and never really match to American one and not suited for operations on the other side of the globe. So Soviets could never rich US mainland war could happen only in Europe where it was all about exchange of tactical nukes and tank rush after it.

Thing I was watching said that they had like super hovercrafts or something that could take troops from siberia to mainland usa in like 2 hours

Russia had better guns too

Something like this but they were like super and secret it said

nah. The truth is USSR was not dangerous with terrible economic and internal problems. But fearmorgering of USSR is very profitable for military industrial complex and generals everywhere they can get better funding.

idk man it was just some mad doco on youtube or something

What do you think the outcome of the 21st centuary will be? China basically owns the US and russia now hey?

>his country doesn't have cute animu train girls
youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI

>tfw 14 hours train from Sydney to Brisbane costs $70
>tfw 90 minute flight only costs $75

soon...

We have

I used the metro in Guangzhou. Amazing

soon

who is this?

>because of the car lobby
The issue is freight. For every new high speed passenger line created that means one line less for freight trains, which means more freight trucks on already congested highways.

Maglev freight when?

Well, Renfe hasnt released the individual data of each line, but last year it had 91 million € in benefits

Source (in spanish)
ahorasemanal.es/el-ave-es-rentable,-pero-costara-decadas-recuperar-la-inversion

what a fucking joke.

>Russia
youtube.com/watch?v=BNtFPwFJ5N8

youtube.com/watch?v=8oYYn4Wegrc

Blacked.com

Elsa Jean

>Cities you don't want to go into
>Philadelphia

You've never been there have you?