Will it flop?

Will it flop?

Yes, casuals don't even know who doctor strange is.

They didn't know who Ant-Man was either, and it didn't flop

It's Marvel, it's MCU, it won't flop

I just watched Winter Soldier the other day and was surprised to hear his name

I hope not. This looks like it could be the best superhero film of the year.

>DUDE SPIRITUALITY LMAO

How do they expect to get the STEM audience with this?

Dr strange was referenced in winter soldier?

It'll make atleast triple its budget.

Ant-Man was a comedy though

This is about wizards and shit

If AntMan didn't flop then this won't either.

Also these new franchise movies have the advantage of being apart from the regular MCU homogeny even a little bit

Yep, they capture the bald Hydra sympathizer and he lists off a number of recognized threats to Hydra, two of which are Bruce Banner and Stephen Strange

Harry Potter is about wizards and shit and that succeeded.

Highly doubt it.

How strong is Doctor Strange? Stronger than Scarlet Witch?

Ok so everyone huddle around *awaits for user kuns to shuffle around and sit down and quiet down*

"user KUNS expect this movie to flop because super hero movies will surrender to anime like Ghost in The Shell"

>Benedict Cumberbatch
>Marvel
>the possibility that Martin Freemans character and Benedict Cumberbatch might have a slight interacting
>flop
ha good one
Tumblrinas will be all over this shit.

Yes

WAY stronger. Also he has a couple of cool magic gadgets.

Harry Potter was a HUGELY popular book

I don't know if you're too young to remember it or not but they were a massive deal, every new book release was a fucking event

Meanwhile Dr Strange is literally who and not primarily aimed at children

Lol Harry Potter was far from popular

it will do alright, just like Ant Man

Yeah nah fuck off underage scum

>benedict cucumbersnatch
>american accent

It's Cumberbatch

why is his eye on his finger

also this wont flop, but id like to take this opportunity to say how much i hate Benedict Cumberbatch

why did they miscast it so hard

it could have been fun an interesting and slightly different but no, literally just another boring guy in a cape

Of course not. By the trailler it looks like MCU's Inception. It'll be a huge hit and they'll finally begin to give magic to Thor.

user, did you just give a context where I like tumbler?

What a 9 year old you are.

go to bed will

GOTG and Ant Man were literally just as much who's as Dr Strange is to the normie audience (who are 90% of box office takings) and they made atleast triple the budget.

>Most successful book franchise.
>Far from popular

>oscar tier bait cast (madds, swinton, chiwetel, cucumberbatch)
>marvel movie
>flop
Pick none.

none of the upcoming mcu movies except possibly captain marvel will flop

after infinity war part 2 though bets are off

Nigga, Harry Potter was bigger than Jesus 10-15 years ago.

Why didn't they cast Morgan Freeman as the Ancient One instead of Tilda?

>yfw the magic is some kind of alien tech

Because if you put Morgan Freeman as a supernatural character everyone immediately remembers him as God in Bruce Almighty

What is the magic in the comics? Just magic, or is there some sort of explanation behind it?

gtfo underage faggot

Magic I ain't gotta explain shit

>GOTG and Ant Man
Both were advertised as comedies. Their trailers were full of shit like DUDE ANTMAN WHAT A PREPOSTEROUS CONCEPT LMAO

This is going to try and be serious and it's going to flop hard since normies are ashamed of capeshit and only see it if they can pretend to their normie friends they only go to laugh at it

>bendydick thunderflaps

dr.strange isn't for the average capeshitter fan

>Normies are ashamed of capeshit
Normies buy Captain America T Shirts these days dude, if this was still the 90's you'd have a point. Capeshit IS normie.

It would be better with stupid amounts of Jesus imaginery, isn't it, DCuck?

Doctor [fucking some] Strange will not flop at the Box Office. Film will go hard. Don't bother cappin, I got this.

nope, but it will be the lowest grossing MCU movie since phase 1.

Doctor Strange is actual proper magic, he's the strongest magician on Earth with the task of protecting it from evil wizards, demons (from hell) and threats from other dimensions.

Let's sing the DC/Marvel alliance song shall we:

"To unite all fans in all our comic awesomeness, to protect our brands from hatred and awkwardness, to live with eachother in harmony and love, DC/MARVEL that's right!"

Will he have internal monologues in the movie? Part of the fun of reading Strange is the flowery language.

>The tone of the trailer is serious
>It won't be like the rest if the MCU

Go watch the trailers for Ironman 3 and Age of Ultron OP and after you have done that go drink some bleach

What is

Iron-Man
Thor
Ant-man
Deadpool
Guardians of the Galaxy

Great DC movies

I don't have any bleach but I have iced tea!

He will have quips.

The more MCU movies they make the greater the likelihood that one of them will bomb or underperform.*

Law of averages.

I don't think Doctor Strange is going to be it though, they've established credit with their "literally what the fuck" properties like Ant Man and GotG now so people will at least give it a chance.

*Well, worse than the Thor ones have so far, those haven't been as well-received as other movies despite him being one of the Avengers.

>flop

americans love the british cunts and it's marvel is literally printing money and throwing it into these movies

hell, people were complaining about batman vs superman and it still made money and it'll likely make even more when they release the long version

They definitely cast le Shakespearian Sherlock man for his fruity voice.

He eventually defeats dormamu. And dormamu is trigon of mcu. see JL vs TT to see trigon's power

i hope so...
man-children need to grow up, not be coddled or encouraged to remain in their current state of regression.

You've seen one shitty trailer.

Illuminati is Phase 4

If they can fucking sell a talking racoon and tree, shit would sell.

you are the casual, with your shit comic book taste.

He's more powerful than movie version. Strange has a huge list of powers, and movie Witch is pretty much just mind control and telekinesis.

Comic version Scarlet Witch can warp reality, and while Strange can do pretty much anything, he cannot change reality. As in erasing all of the past, present and future and replacing it with what you feel like.

None of the Marvel films have been "serious," they have all been comedic in some degree, I doubt Dr. Strange will change up the formula.

>go to Tibet mountains and learn from monk
Is this a Batman ripoff?

Well I'm sorry to hear that

virtually every superhero is a ripoff off superman, batman or spider man

Is this a Jojo ripoff?

Why is it always tibetan monks? Why not a grizzled siberian wildman, an ancient mayan shaman, or a mysterious scottish druid?

Why do you think they cast bumbercatch? Obviously it won't

nah it's Marvel with a solid foundation of DUDE WEED marketing, probably will do fine

I hope it will

wow, been a long time since I have seen one of the pre-photoshopped pages, thanks for posting!

I'm actually looking forward to this movie

>cumberbiatch
>not box office poison

it's from 2014

>makes you wonder

How fucking young can one be?

This is going to be Marvel's biggest gamble, compared to every movie before.

While I do hope it does well, I would keep my expectations low.

97% on RT callin it right now somehow it will be better than all the previous movies and somehow better than the Fox/DC movies kek

Dunno. Benedictus Cockumberbass is a very solid actor. It all depends on the script and I don't think he would've taken a role if he thought it's shit.

but he's speaking in a gravelly american accent

They made a succesful movie out of GOTG, when not even comic book neckbeards cared about them at all.

Yes, but only because MCU Scarlet Wtich doesn't have the complete bullshit power of reality bending since it would make all movies pointless when she can just wish away her problems.

Why do I always chuckle when I see these french titles in cinemagrids.

??????????????

Nah, Dr. Strange is at least quite known.
Marvel's second biggest gamble has always been GOTG since absolutely no one ever cared about them.

I'm saying it's the second one, because Iron Man will always be their biggest gamble.
The movie was filmed mostly without a script, Iron Man wasn't really interesting, and if that movie and The Incredible Hulk failed, Marvel would have gone under.

More than 95% of Marvel's revenue comes from normies, not "manchildren".

She doesn't have those in the comics anymore either, it was retconned that she only had those between 2004 and 2011 because she was posessed, and now she isn't.

I'm willing to bet that Dr. Strange will make more money than Wonder Woman.

Now that's the wrong conversation

No shit it will.
Nobody is hyped for Wonder Woman, and that movie is going to get spitroasted by Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Transformers 5.

Which DC character is Doctor Strange ripped off from? Ra's Al Ghoul?

It's Beneficial Cucumber

>Ra's Al Ghoul
Dr Strange debuted in 1963. Ras debuted in 1971.

>WW coming out alongside Pirates 5 and TF 5
HOLY SHIT WB WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!??

You underestimate the power of the Marvel brand and of Benedict Cumberbatch

There's already a 5th Transformers coming out...?

There really is no hope.