So why did Hermione end up with Ron of all people? Was it just contrivance on Rowling's part?

So why did Hermione end up with Ron of all people? Was it just contrivance on Rowling's part?

Other urls found in this thread:

hp-lexicon.org/essays/essay-hh-suited.html
harrypotterspage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=393&st=20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hermione likes big dicks

Yes since everybody knew she and Harry end up together she thought it would be good writing or "unique" to have a complete out-of-character twist. She tried so hard to be a good writer she forgot relationships are EXPECTED to be predictable since feelings evolve

iirc rowling said that ron x hermione was a mistake and that she regrets it

I thought it was pretty obvious since the first movie where Ron made her cry by saying behind her back that she doesn't have any friends because she's arrogant, that they would end up together. The rest of the movies kept building up to it. You'd have to be a retarded underage shipper not to know it was coming.

I never understood how people think like this. Maybe the movies make it less clear, but ever since I started reading Harry Potter I knew Ron and Hermione would end up together.

Harry never saw Hermione as more than a friend.

>implying they didn't have a cheeky fuck when Ron was in the hospital and they could finally get some privacy

>wanting hermonie to end up with the chad of the group

The real question is why wasn't Ginny hotter in the films?

>Ginny
>ginger
BRAVO ROWLING

How did she get away with such blatant racism?

I guess because of 2 things:
It's hard to tell how children, especially Britbongs, will turn out when they're older, and also they didn't know that Ginny would turn out to be an important and hot character.

I imagine Ginny from the books looking something like this

THAT'S FUCKING HIDEOUS

>implying
ur gay bruh

Its almost like a ginger hermione

no bully pls

This, only retarded thing is Harry and Female Ron ending up together. It was portrayed so bad in the movies. Cant say about anything about the books, only the 4 and a half of them.

Hermione wasn't supposed to be good-looking in the books. Funny how things got switched up. I think that's the main reason why people who watched the movies wonder why Hermione got together with Ron

>picrelated

getaloadofthisguy.peg

Do you hate freckles or something?

What's wrong user? Don't you like me?

Yes, she looks like she has a diseas

it was unexpected twist. in this kind of stories "percy jackson" types, the trio always has 1 girl and 1 guy friend and MC fucks the girl. it was subverting expectations

Rude

Gay much?

Tat whole face is fucking busted worse than Amber Heards brah

well freckles are a skin diseas

Smart girl ends up with dumb shit guy.
Typical hollywood pottery

The romance was always the shittiest part of the series. I mean the way Rowling describes Harry's feelings about Ginny in book 6 is just laughable.

>inb4 Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises copypasta

Didn't she doll up nice for the ball in book 4, enough to Harry a boner?

>yfw you realize she only gave harry a love interest because Dumbeldead was a fag and she didn't want people thinking he molested Harry

She can wear the pants in the relationship and fuck other women because Ron is a cuck.

IKR He could do so much better.

it be surprised how good it is when compared to others in its genre

Harry had a love interest for 5 books though

Cho was kinda shit, but she was there

Then Harry suddenly got red fever

Someone link the fucking thesis someone wrote on why harry x hermione wouldn't be a good pairing

my man got page references for his points and everything

She admitted that she fucked up, so... I guess?

link?

This one?
hp-lexicon.org/essays/essay-hh-suited.html

any more racist than literally naming an asian character ching chong?

Also how hard is it to find an attractive Asian?

They were 11

>I never understood how people think like this.
Because the author confirmed it. You're just trying to seem uppity by seeing through it

She's cute,her face just still has a bit of baby fat.

disgusting

She also said Hermione could be black

>hp-lexicon.org/essays/essay-hh-suited.html
this makes me wonder why are they even friends

Good lord. That's longer than half of the books themselves.

Oh you're right, now shes grown out of that she's a total babe and not panfaced at all.

Well they really helped each other out a bunch of time, and they're both social retards. Also the House thing.

She says anything to stay relevant at this point. If she wanted to be remembered why did she phone in the last 3 books?

Bang on mate

gah

Thumbnail looks like Miranda

wow wat a qt

All he thought was, "Wow she looks pretty" but that's all. He didn't get excited or nervous the way he did with Cho or Ginny

;~;

>Also how hard is it to find an attractive Asian
Pretty hard actually, unless they're going to import one of those same-face Korean girls with the plastic surgery.

>hp-lexicon.org/essays/essay-hh-suited.html

the arguments made in this are shit and if you've ever read a book, any book in your life you can see why in the first paragraph.

give me the cliff notes
it was cho chang you faggot and believe it or not ching chong is a real name. the same way nguyen is, just because you meme it up does not mean its racist

UK blacking is just idiotic, no one gives a fuck about a play. The mini where they turned queen of England black turns out to be unteachable shit fully in old English

What I was getting at was that Hermione wasn't uggo like that previous user suggested as much as she didn't put in the effort to look nice normally, and was just undecorated

I don't know, it's been a million years since I read them

This

But then again it's clearly written by an autistic whose life revolves around a shitty kid's book series

>give me the cliff notes
Nothing in the narration indicates Harry is specially attracted to Hermione (as opposed to other girls, like Cho or Parvati), he often finds her annoying and Ron much more fun to be around, She doesn't share his sense of humor and she's pretty shit at communicating with him, trying to reason with him when he wants emotional validation (Ginny is better at it). Based on the text alone, the canon versions of the characters have very little romantic chemistry.

did they ever imply Ron was attracted to Hermione?

I think it does distort things a bit when you watch the film adaptations and Hermione is played by a hot, sexy piece of ass that is literally every man's type.

>gingers
>big dicks

pick one

>indicates Harry is specially attracted to Hermione
its often like that in these books,to give the "last girl he expected to love turns out to be the right one for him" moment
>She doesn't share his sense
he has a sense of humor? is this because she did not like it when he started throwing snow or made mean comments during chess?
>she's pretty shit at communicating with him
communication and manipulation are not the same thing
>the canon versions of the characters have very little romantic chemistry.
does she have more chemistry with ron? I did not mind how it turned out but for me it came out of left filed when they hooked up in the 4th(?) book. ron just started acting standoffish and jelly because suddenly he had a boner for her

But that's wrong. In the fourth and and sixth books Harry and Hermione spend a lot of time together and he is bored out of his mind hanging out with her.

You're right. This could have been Cho

>its often like that in these books,to give the "last girl he expected to love turns out to be the right one for him" moment
You can pretty much justify anything that way.
>he has a sense of humor?
If you'd read the books more closely, you'd notice Harry can be one cheeky little cunt. He loves dark humor.
>communication and manipulation are not the same thing
Not sure what's that got to do with this, the facts are she approaches everything from a logical point of view when he gets emotional as hell during each crisis.
>does she have more chemistry with ron?
They have good banter at times, that's about it.
>it came out of left filed when they hooked up
Agree, Rowling is bad at building up romantic tension.

> Asian women are submissive, feminine and pure

about as likely as hitomi or anri playing her
but i like it

Rowling is an unreliable narrator. It's a scheme that she started developing during the tournament in which Harry Durden died (Pattinson) and Dumbledore is hinted at as an avatar of Voldemort, a horcrux made flesh. It goes in hand with her proclaimed interest in Jainism and Hermione's gradual disenchantment with regular education. That's why she's making further public retcons of characters, setting the ground for the 'spinoff'.

>Dumbledore is hinted at as an avatar of Voldemort
What?

That user is bullshitting. We all know Dumbledore is really a time-travelling Ron.

Kinda makes me wish Rowling had gone balls to the wall nuts with her magic shit in the last book

Remember in the books Hermoine is a kinda unpopular know-it-all, while Ron is the heart of the group, keeping them together and all that.

Contrast to the movies where Hermoine is almost literally perfect, while Ron is a bumbling idiot who never can do anything right.

uh time turning you mean?

What books were you reading, Ron was never good for anything

Nah wandering about aimlessly while getting passive aggressive with each other made for a much better read

Horcruxes are avatars. Ever since Dementors were brought on the school grounds it was obvious that Hogwarts itself was a flimsy proxy.

Also Ron in the books is the one who does exposition related to modern wizard society, since he's the only one of the three who grew up there.

There was a crazy theory going around the internet halfway through the series that Dumbledore was really Ron back from the future. Something about both having blue eyes and chess patterns.

Would have been neater. Harry ends up with Hermoine and Ron didn't marry because its illegal.

Here's the theory:
harrypotterspage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=393&st=20

Because middle aged women think that's how life works, everyone marries their school friends

implying the paintings didn't watch their every private moment...

she looks dead inside

Well he did throw that hissy fit when she dated the magical nazi athlete

Do you think snape had a naked picture of Lilly that put on a show for him?

ugly

anri okita on the other hand is a goddess

Co-ed borders are much more likely to marry than people who go to school normally. Similar story with kids who live in orphanages.

He wanted Krum for himself, probably.

It also helps when you spent your formative years in an elitist magical castle while 99% of the kids your age where concerned with MTV and other muggle shit.

He probably used her hair with polyjuice a couple of time.

Would make sense, wasn't Snape the first person on the scene after James and Lily died? He had plenty of time to yank out a bunch of hair for the years to come.

This. Clear as day at LATEST since book 3 where they always fight about their pets.

>Hermione's pussy keeps chasing Ron's wormtail

to be fair most people dont like hitomi for her face

Ginny got turned into a Cho 2.0 after she got relevant in HBP for the first time in 4 books.

>said to be ridiculously hot and popular
>already has a bf
>great quidditch player
>Harry is too much of a beta to do anything and just whines about how much he wants to fuck her but can't

>give me the cliff notes
Harry is an autist that hates being around Hermione

>Harry Potter has never expressed an interest in Hermione Granger
>in fact, he found her presence, without Ron as a buffer, annoying and tedious
>everyone and their mother thinks that Harry should be forcibly paired off to a cunt that he never liked in that way to start with

You are all a bunch of shipping faggots. Kill yourselves.

>Ron was never good at anything
>ignoring the chest match in their first year
>ignoring how he went into a huge fucking dark forest filled with hundreds of giants spiders when he was arachnophobic
>ignoring the third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh year too

Kill yourself.