‘X-Men Apocalypse’ Takes A Dive On Saturday As Memorial Day B.O. Bloodbath Continues

>The new titles — 20th Century Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse and Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass — were both down today from their Friday returns, respectively -24% and -11%. Meanwhile, most of the holdovers in the top 10 posted increases. As a result, 3-day and 4-day projections on both wide entries are dropping. The fourth Bryan Singer X-Men movie made an estimated $19.85M tonight, putting its FSS on track for $64M and its 4-day at $77M, which is below the $80M that the Fox lot was forecasting. Oy vey. Meanwhile, Disney’s mishap Alice 2 is seeing $26.9M-$27.4M over FSS and $34M-$34.5M for FSSM.
deadline.com/2016/05/x-men-apocalypse-alice-through-the-looking-glass-memorial-day-weekend-box-office-1201763668/

It's over, JLaw is finished.

Are we supposed to care?

It's been 1 week outside USA. The numbers aren't really great.

I think the total grossing will be around 500M. It would be a franchise killer if it weren't for Deadpool's success. Though Deadpool ruins the franchise continuity by making the character younger and Colossus older.

>impact of president will never affect celebrity
>they are who normies turn to for political opinions

Apoc has taken like 120 million dollars overseas

rosie o'donnell saying she will move to Canada if Trump wins secured my vote

It's shit man nobody cares about the X-Men anymore. The X-Men are a household name and like Batman and Superman they should be doing a billion but they're going to fail even harder than BvS did

I really hate it whenever I see that dumb American "middle finger" gesture. Why not just make a fist and stick your middle finger straight up? Half curling all your other fingers feels so awkward compared to just making a fist, and it doesn't make it any more offensive.

Batman V Super would have hit 1 billion if it wasn't shit because it's opening weekend domestically was 160 million.

X-Men is a good brand.

> Oy vey

kek

So now that Deadpool is far bigger then X Men, what new movies in the new Deadpool Cinematic Universe can we look forward to seeing?

>Day of the Living Deadpool
>Uncanny Xforce
>Deadpool XXL
>Deadpool Corps
>Deadpool & Cable
>Deadpool & Cable 2 Electric boogaloo

>A movie staring back names would have made more money if it was good

Shit son, what a smart guy you are. X-Men movies are an OK brand but they have never hit the same heights of popularity of the MCU and never will even though they are Marvels most famous superheroes outside of Spider-man

This is what you get for hiring notorious pedos to direct capecuck.

>Open for two weeks worldwide
>Just opened in the US
>Hasn't even made back it's production budget yet

KEK. Ant-Man will end up making more than this

List of reasons why X Men isn't doing as well as it could
1. People don't like pedos
2. The movie looked really cheap not due to its budget but deign choices,
3. The public does not care about Mystique and are sick of Jennifer Lawrence
4, Lack of Wolverine, who is the public's favourite and the most well know X Men
5. Lack of Wolverine in Marketing
6. Bad reviews came out weeks before the movie, giving them time to make the rounds
7. Apocalypse looked goofy
8.No build up to Apocalypse to create hype for him
9. Marketing push started when Captain America: Civil War just came out
10. No good word of mouth like Deadpool got

>2018
>Fox presents: A Bryan Singer film
>Deadpool spinoff: X-Men Dark Phoenix.

To be fair, the X-Men movies have never done that well.

I see a lot of capeshit and I never had any desire to pay to see this. Even if I could watch it for free I probably wouldn't

X1 and X2 at least doubled their budger domestically.

Uncut version of An Open Secret has also been gaining popularity. I think singer

X2 was actually good.

me on the right

im glad watched a bootleg copy. it really is a bad film. I couldnt even compare it to Batman Vs Superman. Both were bad movies just bad in their own way.

No kidding..

11. Munn as Psylocke. Okay maybe that's just me but its on my list of reasons in addition to many of yours that I wasn't gonna spend any money on this mess.

X2 was based

Capeshit wasnt some by the numbers gimmick that happened every 4 months

When the first Xmen movie was announced it was huge news. Now its like oh sweet they've found another IP to exploit.

>Shit son, what a smart guy you are
You do realize Transformer always makes a billion dollars right?

>notorious pedos to direct capecuck.
But they know how to get into children's minds so they make great capeshit directors.

China has a lot to answer for

Munn looked good as Psylocke, at least she wasn't a fattie like Jlaw and Salsa, problem is she just doesn't fit into the movie, pretty much just there to say HEY GUYS LOOK IT'S PSYLOCKE SHE WAS REALLY POPULAR IN THE COMICS NOW HERE SHE IS ON THE BIG SCREEN, OH AND SHE'S THROWING IN WITH FUCKING APOCALYPSE ISN'T THAT COOL?

No Singer, it ain't.

Should have made Caliban a horseman, his fucking power is to track mutant FFS.

>Oy vey

What did this publication mean by this?

Actually only two of them broke a billion

Basically seeing mystique being the leader of the xmen (because we spent too much money on jlaw) solidified it for me. Her character was played out after the second movie. Take away the blue tits and you're left with an overpaid cunt who's going to be box office poison the more she opens her stupid face.

Don't these retards know you fuck with trump you get the shaft. Look at the 15 qualified people that use to be in the running.

Doubling your budget isn't that good. Hence "they've never done that well."

And the third one (the one everyone hates) also doubled its budget.

Since Last Stand, however, these movies haven't made a whole ton of money, even though people say First Class and Days of Future Past were better.

Personally, I love these movies, but I'm not going to pretend like they've ever been on the same level as something like the Avengers.

>And the third one
It only did that because people thought it would be the last one.

Doesn't matter the reason: it also doubled its budget.

>First Class
That was a fucking terrible movie are you jesting?

First Class was great. It's easily the second/third best X-Men movie.

which isn't good because studios don't get 100% of the money.

Sad!

Basically.

Its a terrible xmen movie.
>no wolverine,cyclops,storm,gambit,jean,rogue
>call itself x-men

More like mystique&magneto&charles love triangle :the movie

>star of your film slanders the Emperor
>your film suffers
Coincidence? Donald Trump is the Merlin of meme magick

I liked that we got to see new characters in First Class, as well as new sides to characters we're familiar with.

Jennifer should have kept her mouth shut.

>DOFP did so well because it brought back the original cast
>make the next film with the prequel actors no one cares about because they're already contracted
Moronic. Especially in light of Scott and Jean being alive again and seemingly all cured mutants restored. The original cast taking on Apocalypse would've been a huge hit.

Of course it will. Ant-Man is actually good.

> 6. Bad reviews came out weeks before the movie, giving them time to make the rounds

This is the reason I didn't see it in theaters. Watched it online and thought it was pretty solid actually, 6/10 not as good as First Class but only slightly worse than DOFP imo. Would've payed money to see it in retrospect but eh, a lot of things were goofy like Magneto's family dying by 1 arrow and shit.

>mock the donald
>your wife claims you beat her
POTTERY

>Oy vey

This

Every fucking movie is a Wolverine movie except for First Class.

And apocalypse I guess but it's shit

I'm pretty sure the entire reason they did a third prequel film was because they couldn't have Jennifer Lawence in it otherwise. That and to give some bullshit excuse as to why Xavier is bald.

nobody wants obscure shit like Azazel,Havok or whatever fuck was in that movie.

Why instead give Storm,jean, nightcrawler etc good story arcs instead of 5 min introduction?

first class is shit movie.
mystique is shit character.

only good things about this flick fassbender and mcavoy

The movie sucked because there was no build up. It was a series of events that didn't feel natural.
The actors were incredibly subpar and just didn't feel like their previous incarnations not to mention Sophie Turner and Munn are fucking abysmal bitches can't even act in a fight scene.
The main villain was a big yawn, I felt no threat from him as he was too much of just generic bad guy #34242312237.
Entire unecessary scene padding out the time and detracting even more from the plot, Weapon X project and Mag-fucking-neato's back story. I mean I would have prefered a stand alone Magneto movie going into that plot more in-depth instead we got, "Okay magneto just said fuck it and settled down then he's right back to his old self except now he's a bitch boy for some reason".

Also Charles love interest was 100% unnecessary

>years ago Sup Forums would laugh at this
>neo/tv/ unironically likes capeshit now
Feels bad

No Trump, no peace.
Know Trump, know peace.