Is Sup Forums ready?

Is Sup Forums ready?

New series starts tonight at 8pm on BBC2. Personally, I think it looks pretty good from all the little snippets they've been showing. I'm quite looking forward to it now.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/21/chris-evans-swore-at-top-gear-audience-who-didnt-laugh-at-his-jo/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/27/chris-evans-says-new-top-gear-will-be-less-blokey-and-have-none/
youtube.com/watch?v=bTWcEjj0w3s
youtube.com/watch?v=j1k6DQQ1gU0
youtube.com/watch?v=tWsoIwhaL5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sup Forums will hate this regardless, it's already made up its mind
>Sup Forums one person
>4 chan ever agreeing on anything

I'd be too embarrassed for them to watch it

I just want to see the ratings and the BBC finally realising they've made a horrible, horrible mistake and wasted millions of license shekels

The ratings are gonna be fucking huge, at least for the first episode. People just wanna see what it's like, good or bad. And that brings in the viewers like nothing else.

Sup Forums stream when?

>No James May
>No Hamster
>New Stig
>No Clarkson
I'm not interested in this car show starring Joey and Big Breakfast dude. If it wasn't for the brand name, none of you would care either.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/21/chris-evans-swore-at-top-gear-audience-who-didnt-laugh-at-his-jo/

Chris Evans has always struck me as a bit of a smug cunt, and I never watched Top Gear for the cars - it was for the characters. They've all left, so whatever.

I get the impression from the trailers and stories from set that the format will focus on less bro time shenanigans and more one to one antics

Evans just isn't funny, and Matt is unlikable

I think the BBC doesn't get why Top Gear was great in the first place.

>I never watched Top Gear for the cars - it was for the characters. They've all left, so whatever.

This is exactly the reason why this series will collapse. 98% of the people who watched the show feel exactly the same way as you. I expect the viewing figures for this first episode will be huge just to see how much of a trainwreck it is, especially since controversy has been circling the new series for months now with the British press reflecting public loathing for the new format slamming it every chance they can.

We're in for some fun watching this trainwreck.

It's going to be shit
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/27/chris-evans-says-new-top-gear-will-be-less-blokey-and-have-none/
>Car show
>Less blokey

>Black man, feminist, washed up actor, faggot, sand nigger and a jew.
wow I'm sure they're going to have great chemestry together.

>Black man, feminist, washed up actor, faggot, sand nigger and a jew.

Which one is the Stig supposed to be?

youtube.com/watch?v=bTWcEjj0w3s

This seems like an impersonation rather than the real thing. They probably made bullet point what to include in the new series and then tried to fake the chemistry. It doesn't work. They didn't earn it. You can't just magically buy the dynamic the original hosts had. It takes years and years of development.

Too many hosts

youtube.com/watch?v=j1k6DQQ1gU0

>car tinder

cringe

>I never watched Top Gear for the cars

Then good riddance. Bye bye.

The celeb segment was the time to take a piss but i hear there is 2 tonight.

>he watched Top Gear for the cars

>good riddance
Chill out Chris - no need to pout

There's nothing wrong with that

>tfw no decent car show
Wheeler dealers is as close as it gets, but you still wind up with the fucking worthless bullshit like every segment with the short fat one making "deals" and whenever they mod the car with retarded gaudy paint and seat covers.

I'd love a version that was just an hour spend on the full on mechanical fault finding side of things, attempting to bring cars back to stock performance or occasionally replacing parts with other factory options.

Can you stop this "Chris Harris is a """sand nigger"""" meme?

He's as English as someone could possibly be, he went to a private school in Bristol, I have no idea what his genetic heritage is but it could well be Portuguese, Italian, to be honest I have no fucking idea

As for Eddie Jordan being a "jew" (I assume it's him you're calling a jew), he's a fucking Irish Catholic you utter, utter, dumb cunt

Please fuck off back to Sup Forums since you clearly know FUCK ALL about motoring. This is a car show - if you don't like cars, if you're not interested in the world of motoring, fuck off. Thanks.

The Stig is a feminist. He's just not very vocal about it.

>he actually got mad

Don't you get it? Anyone with money that doesn't have a little pig nose is a jew. Anyone with slightly brown skin is a sand nigger. Sup Forums is always right.

I'm certain that's true of countless viewers.

While I'd love to think there really is some autist out there being this mad, I'm gonna have to call this mediocre bait

>he watched a car show - a show where they review cars, race cars, customise cars, travel across countries in cars, have celebrities set lap times in cars - but claims he doesn't like cars

I bet you got mad when Clarkson said Mexicans were lazy. Mhm, can't wait for that politically correct banter.

>Anyone with slightly brown skin is a sand nigger

Nigga I don't even have a license and I've watched all of Top Gear. I have absolute zero interest in cars.

That's what's great about Top Gear. The on-set chemistry, humour and segment variety make an excellent show, regardless of interest for the main topic.

>he watched a show in which there are occasionally flashy shots of cars while an old man makes a funny metaphor about how driving the car is like having a prostitute suck you off while on a jet-ski, followed by a scene where a caravan is dropped from a crane onto a Robin Reliant stuck to a rocket which lands on a hovervan in the Thames - and he thinks the show is about cars
It might as well be a show about rideable lawnmowers for how heavily cars feature.

Have you got the original image? Just for comparison

>claims he doesn't like cars
I like cars, but I don't generally watch car shows because they're boring. The only reason I watched Top Gear was the personalities. The new Top Gear might be ok, but I'm not sure - all the other car shows I've tried watching like 5th Gear were pretty boring.

So, latinos are a sand nigger too?

Wheeler Dealers is fucking awesome. Yes some of their mods are terrible (e.g. Mercedes Cosworth where they rip out the original stereo, and replace the original hydraulic suspension with aftermarket crap), but then some of them are truly beautiful (Lancia Delta Integrale, where they restore everything with original parts, and polish up the bodywork really fucking nicely - also the MG BGT where they give it a full respray to make it look absolutely awesome)
>I'd love a version that was just an hour spend on the full on mechanical fault finding side of things, attempting to bring cars back to stock performance or occasionally replacing parts with other factory options.
I definitely think the cosmetic side matters, especially when it's a respray. I love basically every episode where they do a respray because it makes a massive difference. But I totally agree - they should dispense with the gaudy stuff, and just focus on fixing the mechanicals and using original parts as much as possible. I think it's just a matter of budget and time - with some cars they must realise that getting good parts would take too much time and money and effort so they do the best they can.

Then I'm glad to see the back of them. Bye bye!

bruh, he was being sarcastic

I'm sure that they even had a section riding lawnmowers as a race. If they didn't they need to, in the new show on Amazon.

The cars was just a theme, the real pull of the show was the chemistry between the hosts. The same hosts could do a show on garden gnomes and it would still be watchable.

I'm defending Chris Harris because he's a fucking awesome motoring journalist and all you clueless fucking plebs are complaining about a car show when you don't know a single fucking thing about cars

Fuck off

Why not go back to your capeshit threads? That's obviously the kind of pleb shit you prefer

Then fuck off! Watch capeshit! Bye bye now!

>Then I'm glad to see the back of them
You probably won't be when the show eventually gets cancelled.

Can't wait to see this crash and burn hard
BBC shot themselves in the foot by firing based Jezza

Top kek - check this guy out

Are you actually retarded?
You really think that people watched Top Gear for the cars?
Can you even read the thread?

>he's a fucking awesome motoring journalist
Who gives a shite, you donkey? He's on the show because he looks fucking ethnic, not because of his credentials.

In a show with 6 hosts, he'll absolutely be the one with least screentime.

>he watches a car show but knows absolutely fuck all about cars
>he's actually pulled in by the absolutely terrible comedy and scripted pieces of this show, because he's a friendless autist and watching three fat, unfunny middle aged men pretend to be stand up comics is the closest thing that he will ever have to actual friends

>tfw Dylan is more /fa/ than you

>Six Hosts
What the actual fuck.

I don't think they care. This season, and any potential seasons after, aren't for people to watch. The reasoning behind the continuation of Top Gear is because they have licensing agreements for X amount of seasons with other countries, so it's literally just free money.

If the show manages to sell a few copies along the way, they're laughing. If it bombs completely, they're laughing.

Within 5 years, the licence fee will be the licence tax. They're already closing the "loophole" of watching shows on-demand instead of live for free.

BBC marketers on suicide watch
Meanwhile the real top gear will begin on amazon in a while.

HOTHEAD
O
T
H
E
A
D

Throw enough shit at a wall, etc.

>he watches Top Gear for the schoolboy tier opinions on gaudy cars that will be worth 10% of their cost by the time you drive them out of the showroom

>He watches a car show with hosts he finds insufferable
>This makes him superior

This is even worst than the US version

The sad thing is that seven shit ratings won't get it canned. BBC will just keep paying for it with the TV tax. Its not like shows need add revenue hence views to survive.

>FUCKING NON-CAR NORMIES GET OUT
>RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They'll can it. It costs a lot of money to make, and if nobody wants to watch it, and they can't flog it abroad, it's just eating up profits.

A show like Top Gear isn't like a soap where you can crank out enough episodes for a year in an afternoon of filming.

You're a big bait

I remember reading that owing to the fact so much of it works as an advert for the cars that it costs sweet fuck all to make. And it is being sold overseas.

>He's on the show because he looks fucking ethnic, not because of his credentials.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Fuck off!! Go watch capeshit!! You have ZERO idea what you are talking about, so why even comment?

gr8 b8 m8

>Actually enjoys watching cars
>LOOK MOMMY, THE CAR-Y-WARY GOES WROOM WROOM, WHEN I GROW UP I WANNA OWN ONE GAJILLION FERARRIEAS

>in it to win it

committed to the crime

Seriously why not just shitpost about capeshit? That seems to be more your level of entertainment.

Only Top Gear could replace the most disgusting man on TV in Jeremy Clarkson with the most disgusting man on radio Chris Evans.

I just dont really care about cars

I watched Top Gear for entertainment not because of the cars

I have nothing against the new cast except Chris Evans who i fucking loathe, but i doubt i'll be tuning in

And for the record i think Clarkson deserved to be fired for decking that irish guy, but i will still probably check out his new show rather than this

guy in the middle looks like the vision the fonz has in waterboy

>most disgusting man on TV in Jeremy Clarkson
Lol

He is a loudmouth and a bit of a moron but quite likeable tbqh

He just makes a certain kind of person incredibly butthurt for some reason

why not go to /o/ if you love cars so much?

Liberals hate him.

But it's car based entertainment

Yes it's not a technical car show, yes it has tried to entertain the mass market. But it's still a car show. So if you don't like cars do you just turn off when they review the latest Aston Martin? When they drag race a McLaren F1 and a Bugatti Veyron? I mean that's I can't understand - if you truly say you are not interested in cars AT ALL, then what do you do during those bits?

But anyway here's the most important point - I really seriously doubt they are going to make this new show more of a nerdy car show than it was, I definitely think they are going to appeal to the mass market as much as possible, if not moreso than before. So if that's your complaint then it doesn't really make sense

(I can understand complaining because of Chris Evans though, because he is a nob)

He would make a good host. Him Jeremy Renner and Thor.

He makes the PC crowd butthurt, but I hate him because he's a smug, over-privileged narcissist.

The only thing I like about him is that people shit in his lunchbox when he was at rich kid school.

Mein neger

Wow, this isn't even bait is it?
You're just triggered.

They did. Remember Top Ground Gear Force?

They even made an episode of show about gardening. And it was equally fun to watch.

I'm on TV because I like shitposting about TV and movies, I just don't understand why somebody would watch Top Gear if they are so convinced they don't like cars

Do you just turn off the TV when they do a drag race between a McLaren F1 and a Bugatti Veyron? Do you turn off when they're talking about which supercar they prefer out of a Ferrari 458, Lambo Gallardo and Porsche GT3? Do you turn off when the Stig is setting a powerlap in a Zonda R? This is what I don't understand

>I hate him because he's a smug, over-privileged narcissist.
Yup I've got to agree with you there. I think Hammond is probably my favourite on the show 2bh. Yes he dresses like a twat sometimes but at least he has some humility and doesn't try and bully people. Also I think he has more balls than May, because he actually has his own opinions on cars and doesn't let Clarkson give him shit. May just seems like Clarkson's lap dog at certain times.

Hivemind

Holy shit m8

>How far is glasgo?
>..not tha-far
>..
>*vvvvrrrrooooooooooommmm*

Like the sound of that joke flying by everyones head

Its entertaining on the virtue of the the hosts, the cars are just a veneer.

Autismal.

Do you turn the TV off for the car bits then?

I disagree, it Hammond who is Clarkson's lapdog. He has no spine, just follows whatever Clarkson is saying. May is ok, just he's a boring old fart.

I dislike these guys but I totally get the entertainment value. Top Gear was big because of these three, not the cars. That's why people will watch the new show over new Top Gear.

Think of it this way, I don't like faggot, yet I'm still reading your posts

>le quirky stig works at a desk gag
>"see guys? It's still good ol' TG!"

Hammond regularly calls him a stupid fat old man etc., the fact that all of them regularly come with strong bantz is what makes it good.

>the PC crowd butthurt, but I hate him because he's a smug, over-privileged narcissist.

Sounds exactly like the PC crowd.

I think you are getting "don't care for" confused with "I hate it". Just because something doesn't interest someone it doesn't mean they aren't capable of watching some cars.

Yes in the entrainment of the show, but in reality he is Clarkson's puppet.

youtube.com/watch?v=tWsoIwhaL5E

Yes, I turn off the TV at the car bits. I flagellate myself with a heavy flail if I even see a car when watching as atonement.

Of course I fucking don't you god damned autistic, that doesn't alter that the draw of the show was the hosts more than the cars.

>I disagree, it Hammond who is Clarkson's lapdog. He has no spine, just follows whatever Clarkson is saying. May is ok, just he's a boring old fart.
I think Hammond plays up to that for the sake of TV. In real life I think Hammond has more balls than May. Hammond will actually genuinely take a stand against Clarkson and May will just hide behind Clarkson. Clarkson and May smoke on set, and May doesn't strike me as someone who would smoke. I reckon he picked that up from Clarkson. And they are always seen drinking a lot of wine and stuff on location too, but not Hammond. May just strikes me as the sort of person who has fallen a bit more to the influence of Clarkson. They both live in West London too. Whereas Hammond lives out in the country, happy to keep a bit of a distance.

Also Hammond has a family, a wife and kids. May just has a partner and no kids.

I love it when people just pull shit from thin air.

It is still inherently a car show. They never dropped the cars and said "hey let's just do a full time travel show" did they?

If you are not at all interested in cars why would you watch a car show where they race cars, they review cars, they talk all the time about cars? Why not just go watch capeshit if what you want is bad jokes?

We've answered this multiple times, for the presenters.

How can't you grasp this?

Genuine question, are you actually autistic?
That would explain your behaviour.