So are OUR SG-1 dead?

So are OUR SG-1 dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/news/stargate-movie-trilogy-reboot-signs-writers-from-independence-day-2-1615081/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GOOLD?

Yes. The timeline is restored, they have a ZPM now but at the price of the one team that we followed being dead. Basically everything had to happen anew.

Yes. ;_;

zey are now :^)

That is terribly unsatisfying.

I hate you...

You mean at the price of the team created by the 2010 episode.

2010 did not erase the team that we followed for four years unlike Moebius. The team in the Aschen future was not "our" team.

>tfw Stargate is dead and never coming back

Roland Emmerich is making part one of a new trilogy after Independence Day 2

He just said that.

nope, that's actually happening
geek.com/news/stargate-movie-trilogy-reboot-signs-writers-from-independence-day-2-1615081/

You can't be sure of that though. Team one still would've had to live through that future to make team two. Even if we had been following team two this whole time (which isn't really established), they still aren't the original team.

Why are you repeating what I said?

so emmerich and devlin and the writers are all lying to the press and they're not really making that movie, they're just saying it to fuck with the internet and MGM doesn't care to correct this

I remember MGM saying SG was the biggest franchise they had besides James Bond and would never let it die.

I hate those fuckers.

The thing, why the fuck would you be excited or even interested in anything Emmerich does with the franchise.
Literally the only good movie he has ever directed is Stargate, and even that is good only because it spawned SG-1.
The new movies will completely disregard over a decade's worth of beloved TV because it wasn't "the story Emmerich wanted to tell" like anybody gives a fuck.

i legitimately love the movie on its own terms and have no problem with an alternate universe or whatever the fuck you want to call it

>Literally the only good movie he has ever directed is Stargate, and even that is good only because it spawned SG-1.

The Stargate fandom is so fickle. I can't understand how people can be so divided between each of the iterations. (excepting SGU purely for tonal reasons) I thought the movie was great, and each successive series did a good job of honoring the continuity of the preceding stories, even SGU.

No, it's the same team. The only difference is that they managed to get a ZPM that was sent to Atlantis,and the pond has fish.

Wrong. Everyone literally dies.

You know what the problem was with this show?
They get fucking starships by the end and it's still some super ultra secret program. Like they don't want to tell humanity they can do interstellar travel and shit until the galaxy is cleared and conquered towards Earth's advantage with Jaffa allies. There are primitive human tribes on other planets that know more about the stargate than some of the people on the fucking base. Every interesting development, every battle, every policy decision is going to be scrutinized and examined for centuries after the fact-not to mention how it blows the lid off of most of what's understood about human origins and earth prehistory. By making the discoveries and shit slowly and releasing them-hey, there are humans on other planets! Hey, aliens abducted primitive tribes and displaced them! Hey, these aliens posed as gods! Hey, we discovered a cure for death that progressively makes you more and more insane! Hey, there's a human sub-species that needs worms to survive; also, those worms are egotistical megalomaniacs with the emotional maturity of a 14 year old on meth!-they would ultimately have a WHOLE lot less explaining to do.

the third SG-1 movie that got canned was supposed to be about the revelation of the stargate program to the public

In other realities the program was disclosed.

Great. And in alternate realities the goolds conquered earth. The only canon is the events we follow that do not contradict one another.
>Canned third movie
So it never actually happened.

Canon is everything the show depicts. I think you meant continuity.