How important is a film's soundtrack?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWcg3cITkTI
youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-GZJhfBmI
youtube.com/watch?v=-yOZEiHLuVU
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off back to

Essential. Can establish tone at the weakest and in the strongest cases bump a movie from a 4/10 to a 7/10. I usually cite Tron: Legacy as the perfect example.

should be john carpenter 2bh
his flicks are mostly trash without the music

More important than visual aspects.

Why not find out?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWcg3cITkTI

Some people claim it's an equally important quality to a movie's identity as script, direction, camera work and acting.

But I have never ever memorized a single movie theme except for Star Wars.

How is Queen and Bowie not modern?

this one's pretty good too:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-GZJhfBmI

I've never paid attention to these extras before

I think "modern" is supposed to be stuff like Kanye and Drake

Depends, with some movies the soundtrack gets in the way and is a lazy way of manipulating emotion or tension.

>modern
Their best works are over 40 years old.

Checked

>not liking Queen

Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.

If you don't like Queen just kill yourself

Queen is overrated shit
Also
>implying I'm going to read all that

Do you think American Graffiti, or Dazed and Confused would be half the films they are without the soundtrack?

I read it
Good post
Awful post

Pretty fucking important - just look at Interstellar. The soundtrack completely sold the hokey sentimental schlock that was the script.

For me it's very important, it can save a bland movie.

almost every capeshit and modern blockbuster is filled with awful continuous fake orchestral/gothic music that makes it unwatchable

Surely you can remember the the iconic Indiana Jones theme. Or the Godfather theme? Terminator? Chariots of Fire? The classic James Bond theme? Jurassic Park?

very

youtube.com/watch?v=-yOZEiHLuVU

It's fucking essential. Do you remember the feeling of hearing this for the first time? Do you remember how fucking pumped it got you, even if the movie was shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

Very. There are movies I can't imagine without their soundtrack.
I don't remember what happens in Thief (something something about walking away from mafia job) but I could almost write the notes of some of the soundtrack.

For some reason I never, ever notice the soundtracks in movies, even amazing ones like TAoJJbtCRF or even Star Wars, it's like I mentally block it

Ever seen a Dario Argento film?

I'm afraid not, why do you ask friend?

He's an Italian filmmaker from the 70s and 80s who is known for, among other things, his tendency to put soundtracks front and center in his films. In certain films, like Suspiria, it gets really intense and basically feels like the soundtrack is assaulting you

I'll be downloading Suspiria then, thank you for the recommendation my friend